• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD : 4 bugs I had

Zeg1

Hi, first of all, I'm using CloneBD version 1.0.4.9 (the latest official release), tried several players (VLC, MPC HC, WMP) and noticed 4 issues :

1)- Converted a dozen BD to mkv (using h264/AVC or AC3 Audio) : All output mkv had a -300ms sound delay.. had to delay audio tracks to 300ms using MkvToolNix to fix the sound sync .. This is not a big deal, as the remuxing only takes a few seconds, but it would be great not to have to...

2)- Audio is in sync with image (except for the 300ms delay), but, whenever there's music in the film, the tempo is really weird.. like, it will play too fast for a bit, then slowdown to keep up for another bit, then be ok... All MKVs I converted were affected..

it's like, on the original BD, you would get a regular tempo :
X__X__X__X__X__X__X__X__X__X

while on the mkv, you get :
X__X__X____X____X____X_X_XXX

same length, but totally inconsistent rythm

3) Whenever I choose to downmix 5.1ch -> Stereo, I get a very bad soundtrack.. with a very heavy "distant sound / metallic tube effect"

4) the weirdest one :
The laptop I use is configured to NEVER sleep ! I've removed the sleep or deep sleep options in all power saving settings.. including when I close the laptop, in both battery mode/or power supply modes.. It's been 2 years that way, and I've never had the laptop sleep unless I told it to.. I often start a big process (compression, CG rendering, whatever) before going to bed, close the laptop's lid, and let it work overnight..
BUT.. if I close the laptop when I'm converting a BD with CloneBD, after a few minutes, the laptop goes into sleep mode !!
Double checked all my settings.. nope.. no sleep option activated anywhere

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback.

1)- Converted a dozen BD to mkv (using h264/AVC or AC3 Audio) : All output mkv had a -300ms sound delay.. had to delay audio tracks to 300ms using MkvToolNix to fix the sound sync .. This is not a big deal, as the remuxing only takes a few seconds, but it would be great not to have to...

I cannot reproduce that with the current version, can you please name a few titles (as many as you can think of) and their origin?

2)- Audio is in sync with image (except for the 300ms delay), but, whenever there's music in the film, the tempo is really weird.. like, it will play too fast for a bit, then slowdown to keep up for another bit, then be ok... All MKVs I converted were affected..

That is not CloneBD - that is AnyDVD's Cinavia removal, unfortunately it has this side-effect. I suggest disabling it, unless you really need it.

3) Whenever I choose to downmix 5.1ch -> Stereo, I get a very bad soundtrack.. with a very heavy "distant sound / metallic tube effect"

You're right, something is going wrong with the channel layout when downmixing, that will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for this.

4) the weirdest one :
The laptop I use is configured to NEVER sleep ! I've removed the sleep or deep sleep options in all power saving settings.. including when I close the laptop, in both battery mode/or power supply modes.. It's been 2 years that way, and I've never had the laptop sleep unless I told it to.. I often start a big process (compression, CG rendering, whatever) before going to bed, close the laptop's lid, and let it work overnight..
BUT.. if I close the laptop when I'm converting a BD with CloneBD, after a few minutes, the laptop goes into sleep mode !!
Double checked all my settings.. nope.. no sleep option activated anywhere

THAT one is a mystery. CloneBD only uses SetThreadExecutionState to prevent the system from shutting down during transcoding and from putting the monitor to sleep during playback.
That doesn't (or shouldn't) affect the overall closing-lid behavior.
We'll see if we can reproduce that.

THAT one is a mystery. CloneBD only uses SetThreadExecutionState to prevent the system from shutting down during transcoding and from putting the monitor to sleep during playback.
That doesn't (or shouldn't) affect the overall closing-lid behavior.
We'll see if we can reproduce that.

I tested this in various configurations, couldn't reproduce.
Tried with settings
- energy saving after 3 minutes
and
- no energy saving at all

Processed a disc for both configurations with lid closed for 30 minutes, then cancelled.
Nothing went to sleep, except for the monitor (as configured).

@Zeg1: Maybe you should take a look at your event log, Windows may have had some other reason for shutting down/hibernating?

I tested this in various configurations, couldn't reproduce.
Tried with settings
- energy saving after 3 minutes
and
- no energy saving at all

Processed a disc for both configurations with lid closed for 30 minutes, then cancelled.
Nothing went to sleep, except for the monitor (as configured).

@Zeg1: Maybe you should take a look at your event log, Windows may have had some other reason for shutting down/hibernating?

took a look at it.. said 'shutdown because of API call'
I also checked for overheating.. not log indicating that either...

very weird

Back