• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.4.2 1.0.4.3 1.0.4.4 Increased Rip Time

DaGoatRancher

I was previously running CloneBD 1.0.3.9 and Full Copy Rip to Folder structure of the disk Forrest Gump took about 35 minutes to complete. I upgraded to 1.0.4.3 as it was the latest at the time of my testing and noticed to Rip the same disk it takes right at 3 hours now. That is a drastic change. I downgraded back to 1.0.3.9 and Rip time is back to about 35 minutes. Upgraded to 1.0.4.1 and Rip time is 35 min. Tried 1.0.4.2 and Rip time is 3 hours. So since 1.0.4.2 Rip time is drastically changed. Tried another disk as well and it's the same issue with 1.0.4.2 thru 1.0.4.4.. Yes. I also tried 1.0.4.4 since it was released during the 3 hours I was testing 1.0.4.3. I am attaching the log for 1.0.4.3 as it is the one I waited the entire 3 hours for it to complete. I can get a log for 1.0.4.1 which works fine if it's needed here. I don't have any core audio options selected and I am using full size 50GB size on the Rip so not expecting that any high CPU intensive transcoding would be taking place for this complete copy Rip. Thanks.

View attachment 26754
View attachment AnyDVD_7.5.9.4_Info_G_FORREST_GUMP_D1_AC.ziplog

My time hasn't changed that drastic for my burning. CloneBD updates so far have fixed my problems to date. And the time has so far seems roughly the same since I started using it. I do a complete copy not RIP so that might be different but that will be the best way to determine how your system is able to handle such requirements. Burning BD takes alot more time and unless your system is up to task it will take longer.

Last edited:
I have experienced the same issue testing "The Losers". ISO to mkv went from about 35 minutes to over an hour with the system listed below.

I have experienced the same issue testing "The Losers". ISO to mkv went from about 35 minutes to over an hour with the system listed below.

You know how about doing it on the actual physical media itself all this ISO-we have no idea how it was created or by what programs to know what is going on with the ISO. So unless you fail with the physical media that should be where we first need to start before going ISO. So can you not use the Physical media itself to do this process???

You know how about doing it on the actual physical media itself all this ISO-we have no idea how it was created or by what programs to know what is going on with the ISO. So unless you fail with the physical media that should be where we first need to start before going ISO. So can you not use the Physical media itself to do this process???

Well, its a good thing I know how to rip a protected Blu-ray ISO with Imgburn. The ISO isn't the issue, It may be the new Cinavia watermark removal feature from CloneBD, since all the test I have done recently have that feature enabled.

Well, its a good thing I know how to rip a protected Blu-ray ISO with Imgburn. The ISO isn't the issue, It may be the new Cinavia watermark removal feature from CloneBD, since all the test I have done recently have that feature enabled.

And since we need version number your using of CloneBD and Anydvd HD that would help others narrow done the problem sooner. I seen where the ISO burned with Imgburn looks fine but when played doesn't work. So Imgburn isn't a fix for the problem either that is why one should use the physical media with Anydvd HD and CloneBD with the cinavia removal features checked and then burned to blank BD and then tested on standalone to verify that it all worked correctly so if your not doing this then not much else anyone can do to help here. ISO for all it's value is worth nothing when you will not use the Physical media first to verify. That's what I am finding out now....that my ISO created with older Anydvd HD had defects not detected by Imgburn but CloneBD would find and stop or burn but the burns would fail to work correctly. So we all first steps are to use the Physical Source BD media before going ISO and then complaining why doesn't it work that would go along way to reduce problem burns and then we can get to the root of the problem.

Last edited:
I've ripped enough blu-ray and dvd discs to know I need to check for errors afterwards. And I always use the latest version of anydvd hd (beta included) and clonebd. Not sure what else to say, the last few versions of clonebd create mkvs a lot slower. In fact this issue started after I tried the anydvd hd beta that was posted cd freaks aka myce.com. With that beta and the version of clonebd available at the time, encoding the mkv only took about 35 minutes.

The ISO isn't the issue, It may be the new Cinavia watermark removal feature from CloneBD, since all the test I have done recently have that feature enabled.

The Watermark Removal feature is an AnyDVD HD config item and I don't have that enabled in AnyDVD 7.9.5.4 . There is obviously something that has changed since about CloneBD 1.0.4.2. If I downgrade to 1.0.3.9 or 1.0.4.1 My complete copy rips to BDMV Folder structure from physical disk only take about 35 minutes for my Forrest Gump BD. 1.0.4.2 and above it takes 3 hours to complete the same full copy rip of the same disk to BDMV folder structure. This appears to be a CloneBD software issue. I assume most have not noticed it because most people are not using CloneBD to do complete copy BDMV folder structure rips, but since it is a function of the program it should not change this drastically between releases.

I've ripped enough blu-ray and dvd discs to know I need to check for errors afterwards. And I always use the latest version of anydvd hd (beta included) and clonebd. Not sure what else to say, the last few versions of clonebd create mkvs a lot slower. In fact this issue started after I tried the anydvd hd beta that was posted cd freaks aka myce.com. With that beta and the version of clonebd available at the time, encoding the mkv only took about 35 minutes.

And since no one seen your logs files that is all hearsay a this point..... posting at another site isn't the same as posting at Slysoft where they actually can respond faster to the problems. I don't encode to MKV but actual backups to BD media that to me is more accurate and better usage of the software and insure it survives longer and close to 1:1 and if I decide in the future to use it for something else I have the copy to fall back on not a MKV that is no longer able to do that.

The Watermark Removal feature is an AnyDVD HD config item and I don't have that enabled in AnyDVD 7.9.5.4 . There is obviously something that has changed since about CloneBD 1.0.4.2. If I downgrade to 1.0.3.9 or 1.0.4.1 My complete copy rips to BDMV Folder structure from physical disk only take about 35 minutes for my Forrest Gump BD. 1.0.4.2 and above it takes 3 hours to complete the same full copy rip of the same disk to BDMV folder structure. This appears to be a CloneBD software issue. I assume most have not noticed it because most people are not using CloneBD to do complete copy BDMV folder structure rips, but since it is a function of the program it should not change this drastically between releases.

Since no one knows your hardware setup processing time can vary so much from system to system know one can account for your time differences. So that in itself doesn't tells much either....slows system and you can expect longer times compared to a power system. But also if your doing other things when it is doing it's job you can expect slower times as well. Unless you have computer just solely for burning and nothing else that would be the only real way to know what is cause of times.....

Since no one knows your hardware setup processing time can vary so much from system to system know one can account for your time differences. So that in itself doesn't tells much either....slows system and you can expect longer times compared to a power system. But also if your doing other things when it is doing it's job you can expect slower times as well. Unless you have computer just solely for burning and nothing else that would be the only real way to know what is cause of times.....

Recycle,

Yes. My system is only used for DVD and Blu-ray processing. The only programs other than what was on the PC when shipped are Windows updates, AnyDVD HD, CloneBD, Virtual Clone Drive, and Firefox Browser. After my disk scans it is disconnected from the internet as well so it is not doing anything else while my disk is being processed by CloneBD.

It is an HP ProDesk Mini Tower. Win7 Pro OS. Core i5 processor at 3.5Ghz with 16MB RAM. 3.0 USB port connected to USB 3.0 WD My Passport Ultra 2TB HDD.

As I have stated. CloneBD 1.0.3.9 or 1.0.4.1 my complete copy rips to BDMV folder structure take 35mins to complete using my Forrest Gump BD. Simply upgrade to 1.0.4.2, 1.0.4.3, or 1.0.4.4 and same rip process with same disk takes 3+ hours to complete. Downgrade back to 1.0.3.9 and back to normal 35min again. So I know what the expected time is supposed to be (35min give or take a few), but simply upgrading to 1.0.4.2 or above breaks it. Something has changed with the software since nothing is changing on my system accept for CloneBD. Thanks.

And since no one seen your logs files that is all hearsay a this point..... posting at another site isn't the same as posting at Slysoft where they actually can respond faster to the problems. I don't encode to MKV but actual backups to BD media that to me is more accurate and better usage of the software and insure it survives longer and close to 1:1 and if I decide in the future to use it for something else I have the copy to fall back on not a MKV that is no longer able to do that.

Recycle, you're either really thick or your reading and comprehension skills are not what it should be! What log files????????? Dude, you're making my head hurt! The last few versions of clonebd take more time to encode mkvs!!! Please move on with your life!

I agree. I forgot to add I've encoded the losers without the civ removal feature enabled (clonebd 1.0.4.3/anydvd hd 7.5.9.4 beta ). Same result, took over an hour, and that with the cpu listed below overclocked to 4.4GHz.

I agree. I forgot to add I've encoded the losers without the civ removal feature enabled (clonebd 1.0.4.3/anydvd hd 7.5.9.4 beta ). Same result, took over an hour, and that with the cpu listed below overclocked to 4.4GHz.

You should slow down. For one thing your problem is not necessarily the same problem as the OP. The OP went from 30+ mins to 3+hrs. You went from 30+mins to 1+hrs with a different title.
And why are you overclocking your CPU so hard? That's a path to end up with disaster eventually.
My advice is to slow down and start your own problem thread :)

PS: It's obvious that many people are experiencing similar problems with the latest revs but don't assume that everyone is having the same problem.

Last edited:
FYI. No change with 1.0.4.5 latest CloneBD release. Still takes 3+ hours to rip same Forrest Gump BD.

FYI. No change with 1.0.4.5 latest CloneBD release. Still takes 3+ hours to rip same Forrest Gump BD.

I can confirm the same issue. For some reason CloneBD now re-encodes the video even though it shouldn't (BD-R DL and no audio downconvert options selected)

What I have noticed though is if you drag the slider bar, it will actually add to the size (destination becomes "Custom") and then the disc will be processed correctly (quickly with no re-encode)

Example: Forrest Gump complete copy shows "42.68GB" as default and will re-encode but if you drag the slider to "42.70GB" it will work as before (no re-encode)
Would be interested if this works for you too :)

Edit: Same thing happens on other discs too, some even have a 1GB or more movement remaining on the slider.

Last edited:
I can confirm the same issue. For some reason CloneBD now re-encodes the video even though it shouldn't (BD-R DL and no audio downconvert options selected)

What I have noticed though is if you drag the slider bar, it will actually add to the size (destination becomes "Custom") and then the disc will be processed correctly (quickly with no re-encode)

Example: Forrest Gump complete copy shows "42.68GB" as default and will re-encode but if you drag the slider to "42.70GB" it will work as before (no re-encode)
Would be interested if this works for you too :)

Edit: Same thing happens on other discs too, some even have a 1GB or more movement remaining on the slider.

ddjmagic,

You hit the nail on the head !! With 1.0.4.5 My Forrest Gump disk showed 42.58GB on the slider with 50GB DL selected. Moved it over and it then showed 42.59GB on the slider and it jumped from 50GB DL to Custom. It appears to be processing normally and should be done between 35 and 40 minutes. A little bug has creep into the code on this one. At least there is a workaround. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will get this sorted out so it works as it did in previous releases.

ddjmagic,

You hit the nail on the head !! With 1.0.4.5 My Forrest Gump disk showed 42.58GB on the slider with 50GB DL selected. Moved it over and it then showed 42.59GB on the slider and it jumped from 50GB DL to Custom. It appears to be processing normally and should be done between 35 and 40 minutes. A little bug has creep into the code on this one. At least there is a workaround. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will get this sorted out so it works as it did in previous releases.

Ouch! You're right.
There was an attempt to fix a certain problem with "large" discs, that wouldn't even fit onto a BD-R50 (there are quite a few). And People would make an uncompressed copy resulting in write-errors on the outer edge, simply because there was roughly a 1GB excess.

Suppose that fix had side effect - I'm sure, it will get fixed in the next version.

Resolved!!

I can confirm this issue is corrected in 1.0.4.7. Now with 50GB DL selected there is no encoding/compression ocurring and complete copy rip time is a normal 35 to 40 min for my Forrest Gump test BD. :rock:

I can confirm this issue is corrected in 1.0.4.7. Now with 50GB DL selected there is no encoding/compression ocurring and complete copy rip time is a normal 35 to 40 min for my Forrest Gump test BD. :rock:

I'm pleased as punch that your issue with Forrest Gump BD has been resolved.

CloneBD is getting better and better.

The more logs we send in when it isn't working right, the more they can make CloneBD better.

Back