• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone bd

RICHASE315

Just purchased clone bd, i have had any dvd hd and clone dvd for many years no problems
today put in 2 guns blu-ray it's security comes out clone bd accepts disc to go to file,
starts conversion and after a few minutes shuts down my whole computer.....
Tried a dvd in clone dvd in the same drive and no problem so why is this software kicking my pc off...

Please advise

Moving this Thread to the CloneBD sub forum. Thank you for posting

Just purchased clone bd, i have had any dvd hd and clone dvd for many years no problems
today put in 2 guns blu-ray it's security comes out clone bd accepts disc to go to file,
Tried a dvd in clone dvd in the same drive and no problem so why is this software kicking my pc off...

Please advise

Sounds like your system has some power instability there and you need to find out what is shorting out when the BD burns starts. This is way more system intensive when BD burns as compared to DVD and most likely there is a hardware fault in your system causing electrical surges resulting system shutdown.

Burning a bd is no more intensive than burning a DVD. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're saying out you don't yourself.His problem is during the encoding phase, not burning.

@Richase315: are you using an overclocked system?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Please advise

hello i have the same problem when i started to use clone bd,i have to change my hard drive because i think that have some bad sectors because when i copy the bd to a external hard drive the cpu have no problem.i changed the drive and resolve my problem,

remember when copy bd the computer have to use more power in all the system than when you copy dvd

Burning a bd is no more intensive than burning a DVD. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're saying out you don't yourself.His problem is during the encoding phase, not burning.

Let's see in CloneDVD copying and burning a DVD DL takes about give or take a hour to complete. But in CloneBD from copy to burning can take from 2 hours to 6 hours to complete if no errors. So this is evidence enough that it takes more of your system resources to get to then final process. I done enough DVD and now BD burning to see it takes longer time and any times it takes longer time your going to put significant drain on your system.

Your confusing 'burning' with 'encoding'. Most of the time is taken up with encoding the files, but when it comes to the actual burning then the drive itself shouldn't use more resources than burning a DVD. The OP's problem is at the encoding stage, he's not getting to the burning stage.

Be sure you try another Blu-ray just to be sure that there's not some issue with that one. If it still shuts down consider...

CloneBd seems to be a multi-threaded application using all the processor cores when encoding, I'm not sure that CloneDVD is also multi-threaded (perhaps someone else knows?). At any rate, I'm guessing that CloneDVD being authored some time ago isn't. What this means is there is some possibility that when CloneBD starts encoding it drives all the CPU cores which in turn generates a lot of heat and that heat could cause a situation where the system shuts down to protect the CPU from burning up.

You didn't say anything about your system so it's hard to give specifics. Your system manufacturer may have an application for monitoring temps or you could use a third party application like Speedfan to see the CPU temps while CloneBD is encoding. You could also try reducing the priority or affinity of the CloneBD process in Windows Task Manager and see if that stops the shutdown. If the OP is still following the thread, just ask for additional information on any of the above.

Back