• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD should downmix Dolby True HD Audio

juntiedt

Hi,

first I must say, that clone bd made big progress since I tried it a month ago.
What I am still missing is the possibility to downmix Dolby true HD audio to AC3 5.1, because my Samsung 8950 UHD TV can't play Dolby true HD. AC3 Audio however works fine.
Have a look at DVDFAB in their BD copy program which provides this feature.

Johannes

What happens if you tell it to take the core audio?, Or failing that choose the mandatory AC3 track that should come with it

Hi,

first I must say, that clone bd made big progress since I tried it a month ago.
What I am still missing is the possibility to downmix Dolby true HD audio to AC3 5.1, because my Samsung 8950 UHD TV can't play Dolby true HD. AC3 Audio however works fine.
Have a look at DVDFAB in their BD copy program which provides this feature.

Johannes

I'm quite sure, at some point, audio will be recompressed in disc-copy mode.
But doesn't your TV support MP4 or MKV containers? CloneBD does convert audio for those formats.

Does CloneBD not support using the TrueHD embedded 5.1 Dolby Digital (640kbps) track? I can't see that track as selectable in partial copy disc mode.
I see it supports using the DTS core (option at the end) but I don't see the same thing for the embedded AC3 track.
No need to convert/compress the audio, that's why the embedded track is there (for compatibility).

TrueHD doesn't normally have an embedded track the same way that DTS HD does, but rather comes with an extra compressed track attached to the main audio track, so it's possible that CloneBD sees them as 2 separate audio tracks or doesn't see the AC3 track at all

TrueHD doesn't normally have an embedded track the same way that DTS HD does, but rather comes with an extra compressed track attached to the main audio track, so it's possible that CloneBD sees them as 2 separate audio tracks or doesn't see the AC3 track at all

Every TrueHD track has a separate 'embedded' AC3 track (not a 'core' track like DTS-HD), at least from my experience.

German Language

Hi,

if you are English spoken, then there is no problem, as the ac3 track is English only. If you just want to copy German Language from the original BD, you have no choice. There is only Dolby true HD for German Language on the BD. When your TV does not play the Dolby true HD audio track, you have to transcode the track to something that can be played on the Samsung UHD TV.

If you just want to copy German Language from the original BD, you have no choice. There is only Dolby true HD for German Language on the BD.

The German TrueHD track should have a separate 'embedded' AC3 track too, it looks like CloneBD doesn't pick them up.

so it's possible that CloneBD sees them as 2 separate audio tracks or doesn't see the AC3 track at all

I've just tried a TrueHD disc and CloneBD does not see the Dolby Digital 5.1 track.
When playing the original disc, the Dolby Digital 5.1 track is not selectable from the BD menu during playback in PDVD/standalone (only TrueHD is selectable), but if I connect to an old optical receiver and select the TrueHD it plays the Dolby Digital 5.1 track, so it must be there.

MakeMKV/BDInfo both see the track as 'embedded' and MakeMKV gives the option to select it. See attachment.

TrueHD.jpg

Can not select AC3 Track

I have attached screen shot of Clone BD showing that I can not select an embedded German AC3 Track in "Spider Man 3". This is why I am asking for the feature of down mixing from Dolby True HD like in DVDfab.

spiderman German AC3.jpg

I also have this issue with Transformers - Age of extinction.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.0_Info_M_Transformers_Age_of_Extinction.ziplog
    205.5 KB · Views: 4
Back