• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD Crash & Comp Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDSelect

Hi All -

I've encountered a new issue this past week when attempting to make a complete clone of two older titles. When trying to clone Shrek or Mrs. Doubtfire Clone BD is crashing and taking my entire computer with it. I come back to a shut down rig and the prompt to start windows in safe mode, etc. Today, I finally got the error message that Clone BD crashed and was able to see it without my computer going down. Any ideas?

Hi All -

I've encountered a new issue this past week when attempting to make a complete clone of two older titles. When trying to clone Shrek or Mrs. Doubtfire Clone BD is crashing and taking my entire computer with it. I come back to a shut down rig and the prompt to start windows in safe mode, etc. Today, I finally got the error message that Clone BD crashed and was able to see it without my computer going down. Any ideas?

unknown problem...

1. CloneBD is only part of the reason for the crash
2. Your system has too many bloatware running causing system crash
3. We have no idea what your system is to begin diagnosis the problem?

You should make a log file for both and submit is here for the MOD and Programmers to see what the problem can be.

Again with your bloatware accusations, knock it off already. Unless you have physical access to his pc you don't know what's installed on it and whether or not it's bloatware. I'm surprised you didn't add your registry cleaner line.

@BDSelect: are you on an overclocked system? CloneBD uses an encoding engine that is very sensitive to system instabilities. You also say you saw the error but you did not say what if was. As such we have no idea what the error is.

Define crash. Is CloneBD still active but states on the final screen that an error occurred or had the program shut down completely and is it a windows 'program has stopped' message?

If option 1, you should see 2 big blue buttons. Click the one that says email logfile, describe what happened and send it. They may not respond but logs are viewed.

It option 2, select copy and paste the error text of that frame and post it. It may give us an idea of where the problem could be.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Hi All -

I've got very similar problem....check link out cos I have screenshots before crashes. Se if yours look similar. Had to forego SL discs in favor of DL for movies over or around 2 hours. How long are the ones crashing your PC?

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?63842-American-Sniper&p=409845#post409845

Was told to upgrade my PC, problem is it's a 4.2GHz octa-core processor, asus sabretooth 990 R2 MB w/ 32MB DDR3 RAM, AMD R270X Video card w/ 2GB DDR5 RAM and 6 x 10" fans. Hardly upgradable and only crashes while attempting certain movies with cloneBD yet they insist it's not the program. Put Chappie in today and it showed the same resulting size for both SL (compressed) and DL (non-compressed) blanks. That makes no sense and I didn't even try backing that one up. The DL blank should come in at well over 30GB and showed 23.89, same as SL!!! It's a Sony, but even so cloneBD just isn't right.

ROFLOL about "the boss"? telling people not to talk to me and all the sheep fall in line. Smatter I make too much sense? Call a spade a spade? At least I'm professional and don't flip like gentleman below. The upgrade PC joke went away once I told them what I was running, now it's my drivers and apparently other folks too. Can't be the program. It's perfect, has to be the PC.

Just refuse to admit cloneBD still is reporting wrong "resulting size" on target screen. Can't understand what any PC has to do with that? It's cloneBD that comes up with those numbers. Those "resulting size" numbers are not determined by the PC and they decide what size blank will give you a successful burn or a crash, at least in my situation.

Last edited:
When Are The Going To Get It Right

Well its only been 7 months since I bought the first copy of CloneBD and it didn"t work then and it doesn't work now. Just downloaded ver 1.0.4.9 Tried to open a ripped folder. As soon as you click on the folder, Clone BD promptly crashes. I tried to open 4 different movies and it crashes on everyone of them. I have been using other programs for about 2 months thinking that the next time I downloaded CloneBD they would have made some progress. These clowns are not connected to the customers because if they were, they would have maybe just a ounce of compassion for all the people who have tried to support them but are pretty well fed up with their crap. Off my soapbox.

Well its only been 7 months since I bought the first copy of CloneBD and it didn"t work then and it doesn't work now. Just downloaded ver 1.0.4.9 Tried to open a ripped folder. As soon as you click on the folder, Clone BD promptly crashes. I tried to open 4 different movies and it crashes on everyone of them. I have been using other programs for about 2 months thinking that the next time I downloaded CloneBD they would have made some progress. These clowns are not connected to the customers because if they were, they would have maybe just a ounce of compassion for all the people who have tried to support them but are pretty well fed up with their crap. Off my soapbox.

As you have been told before..... Post a log file. (Better open your own thread for your problem).

As you have been told before.

Always speaking in a condescending manner, as if we're all nitwits, until proven wrong then it's the cold shoulder. I posted a multitude of log files, look what it got me. Pretty hard to post a log file when it crashes upon opening - see what I mean? Seems they don't comprehend your issue yet "you been told before". Shame on you for not doing the impossible.

Of course it's probable some kind of file was created as you attempted to open cloneBD and had it crash but if that's the case why not tell you what to look for and where to find it instead of "you've been told before" baloney? What good is that condescending comment? If there is a file, it won't be a standard cloneBD log file if it doesn't even start up.

How could it be? Only mocking you with their overabundance of "knowledge" yet cloneBD still is not doing the job it's supposed to. Probably because whomever doesn't know himself and the first thing they love to do is blame your PC, can't possibly be a programming mistake, don't even go there. I've seen this type of stuff time and time again.

They also should be aware of some of the so-called fixes offered up as they may do more harm than good.

Last edited:
Can we please let some air out of this balloon before it bursts?
This is not preschool.

OPs Problem: CloneBD taking the whole system down - that would have been possible back in the good ol' Windows 95 times.
But with the current Windows design, there are only ('by design') two possiblilties (and an unlikely third):

• bad hardware component (this sort of includes overclocking, since that renders the CPU bad under the circumstances)
  • bug in some driver
  • the unlikely third: virus with rootkit (which is sort of the same thing as "bug in some driver")

A user mode application can crash, but simply cannot take down the system.

CloneBD does use a driver (elbycdio.sys from Elby as well), but that thing has been around for so many years, I'd rule it out as a "buggy driver".

CloneBD tries to utilize the whole CPU power (meaning: 100% usage, ideally sees to it, that all cores are fully loaded). Has to do that, of course, because you want your results as fast as doable.
Flaws in the PC hardware - heatwise - will show up that way.
Since most applications, like word processors, internet browsers and such let the CPU doze off bored (doesn't do anything but wait for your keystrokes, then goes back to bed), such things will not pop up just like that.

So it's possible, that heating up the CPU (and with that some components surrounding it) will cause your PC to fail.

If you want to rule that out, maybe run a tool like this one: http://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/?language=EN
for a few hours (over night) and if it survives 100% CPU load without crashing, then that's probably not the cause.

System crashes usually come with a minidump.
See control panel - system - advanced - recovery for settings controlling if and where they are stored.
There you can also specify that the system should display a bluescreen instead of just rebooting. That thing is annoying, but doesn't leave you in the dark as much as a plain reboot without explanation.

Check if a minidump file has been created in that given location (usually c:\windows\minidump). If it was a failing driver, a minidump will - in maybe 50% of the cases - reveal that (unfortunately no more than that, if at all, it's a bit of a crystal ball thing, because a misbehaving driver can make other drivers look like the cause, even if innocent).

Always speaking in a condescending manner, as if we're all nitwits, until proven wrong then it's the cold shoulder. I posted a multitude of log files, look what it got me. Pretty hard to post a log file when it crashes upon opening - see what I mean? Seems they don't comprehend your issue yet "you been told before". Shame on you for not doing the impossible.

I was talking about an ANYDVD log file (maybe the protection is not removed). Sorry for trying to help.:doh:

I'm out.... Good luck with your issues.

@SvT, that can't be it. If decryption wasn't removed cloneBD would simply refuse processing it completely

@Pete

A user mode application can crash, but simply cannot take down the system.

Then how do you explain my PC running for weeks on end non-stop not overclocked, then as soon as I try putting a 2 hour movie on an SL disc and proceed with burn and 23.89 GB "resulting size" down it goes? If I put same on DL disc, I get a copy. 90 minute movies fit on an SL disc no problem. I can tell by looking at the "resulting size" numbers cloneBD comes up with what size blank I will need. Don't understand what any PC has to do with those "resulting size" numbers that dictate what blank I'm forced to use?

I always (except Chappie...see attached snapshot) get a backup of any movie I desire. Problem is I don't believe cloneBD is designed to force me to use a DL disc for just about every 2 hour movie. Simple solution to the crash problem but I can't understand why the PC requires DL discs at or above certain cloneBD created resulting size numbers (23.89 GB) and resulting size bar on burn screen way to the right. On good burns, it's in the middle? When I see bar way to the right as it processes, I abort the burn and go to DL disc. Bar is in the middle and burn works fine. Same thing with 90 minute movie on SL discs, bar in middle = good burn, bar way to the right = crash.

So I get no more crashes by employing above methodology. I took your advice and found 3 windows dump files where you said they'd be, dated at probable cloneBD crashes, as that's the only time PC crashed. They are attached. Thanks for an insightful comment.

View attachment 022215-70855-01.dmp
View attachment 032615-117000-01.dmp
View attachment 042515-75894-01.dmp
2015-06-17_chappie.jpg

My similar experience

I have had a similar experience prior to Clone BD. My go to for compression has been BD Rebuilder, quite abruptly after 5 yrs. of successful compression to BD-25 fro BD 25 plus rips my PC would suddenly shut down towards the end of conversion, PC home built HTPC is 6 yrs. old. It was overheating at end of compression due to it requiring up to 8 hrs. with some larger media. Replaced the cooler also cleaning and reapplying thermal paste, no more problems. This only happened with compression not 1 to 1 copies to SL or DL.

So I get no more crashes by employing above methodology. I took your advice and found 3 windows dump files where you said they'd be, dated at probable cloneBD crashes, as that's the only time PC crashed. They are attached. Thanks for an insightful comment.

View attachment 27060
View attachment 27061
View attachment 27062
View attachment 27063

Thanks for the dumps - all three pretty much identical. The cause of your crashes is the graphics card or -driver.
The code is: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_TIMEOUT
and the driver is atikmpag.sys, so obviously an ATI/AMD card.

The crash code means: graphics card is not responding, is stuck somewhere. Normally Windows (DirectX) tries to restart the driver set in such case - that's something not uncommon, you'll see a notification for that happening in the tray area.
In your case a restart probably doesn't work, so the system goes byebye.

Can't tell you how exactly CloneBD rubs that driver/card combo wrong, but in any event - those are your culprits.
Could - again - be an overheat problem (GPU overheating clearly will result in unresponsive hardware, also quite plausible that a driver restart would fail in that event).

Try a driver update, also monitoring the GPU temperature (suppose ATI tools come with some possibility).

Do you have the video preview active while converting? Or the data rate plotter?

@Pete

Thank you, now we're getting somewhere at long last :)

Do you have the video preview active while converting? Or the data rate plotter?

data rate cos I though that would be less of a strain on PC

Try a driver update

Have the latest update. One thing, looking back, I maybe should have done is take the old video card drivers out before installing the new card, did't say to but left myself open for a conflict, Would you recommend uninstalling everything I can and reinstall from original disc then add any updates?

Could - again - be an overheat problem

6 x10" fans + dedicated processor fan and fact it only happens when I try to backup 2 hour movie on SL blank kinda rules that out. In addition, MB came with a real nice set of monitoring tools and nothing is overheating. can leave PC run for weeks, multi-task whatever and never crashes. 32 MB of DDR3 ram and 64bit OS to use it. I did get overheating warnings, so mb monitoring works, but they stopped when I added 2 more fans.Chose a corsair case that has all the cables and wires channeled underneath the mb, so a lot of open space for ventilation.

What about the dubious "resulting size" numbers and the fact I can tell by looking at them whether or not I will get a backup with an SL blank or need to go to DL? Don't see how that relates to video card.....Just put "The Game" (1997 Douglas) in and will crash if I attempt to put it on SL disc (2 Hour+ movie) but will back up fine on a DL disc. Also the ETA is way out of whack (almost 3 hours) when I attempt to do a 2 hour SL and 1/3 of that on a DL that works.

Is this how the cloneBD is designed? Why can't it go on an SL blank? As I mentioned previously, I can tell by the position of the "slider bar" on the conversion screen what's gonna happen. SO there are multiple ways of telling before I even begin a job what will result. In the middle, good burn. Way to the right, crash. Can show screenshots illustrating what I'm trying to say. Need to understand the connection of above with video card.

Again, I'm getting my backups but it seems like I'm using DL discs unnecessarily. Thanks in advance for your consideration and time dealing with these issues.

Can you try a roll back and install a older driver?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Or yes, uninstall the video and install from a cd(if you hve it). Sometimes older drivers have better compatibility.

Or yes, uninstall the video and install from a cd(if you hve it). Sometimes older drivers have better compatibility.

Yeah I have the original CD and will try that today, thanks. So you think I should just leave the original CD drivers there or upgrade, cos I remember there was an upgrade when I first installed it?

Yeah I have the original CD and will try that today, thanks. So you think I should just leave the original CD drivers there or upgrade, cos I remember there was an upgrade when I first installed it?

Test it with the older driver in the CD. If it works then dont upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back