• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cinavia

mac007

I don't know if I am posting in the correct place, sorry if I'm not. I have never encountered cinavia before. I use anydvd, clone dvd, and have a Samsung blue ray player. Is there anyway around this. My last 3 discs have the cinavia code. Thank You

I don't know if I am posting in the correct place, sorry if I'm not. I have never encountered cinavia before. I use anydvd, clone dvd, and have a Samsung blue ray player. Is there anyway around this. My last 3 discs have the cinavia code. Thank You

Use a SOFTWARE player with AnyDVD running and it will play it. Or use a Bluray hardware player built before 2012. Better still, use a DVD player, the vast majority of them do not detect Cinavia.

Cinivia

It depends how old your blu-ray player if made before march 2012 and Firmware not updated you should be okay. Not too many dvds are infected with cinivia but I noticed a few recently. I do not know of a way around this except you can play on your computer with anydvd running with most software players.

It depends how old your blu-ray player if made before march 2012

Actually the mandatory implementation date was Feb 1st, 2012. Not march

and Firmware not updated you should be okay.

Up until jan 31st any licensed player that still receives FW updates will not get one that implements cinavia (not that there are (m)any that old that get FW updates anymore) for the simple reason that A) they don't fall under the mandatory implementation date and B) they lack the internal hardware to do it.

I do not know of a way around this except you can play on your computer with anydvd running with most software players.

That's because there isn't a way around cinavia atm. There is a "company" that likes to claim they have, but until they can keep the HD audio, they havent done squat didely

Use a SOFTWARE player with AnyDVD running and it will play it. Or use a Bluray hardware player built before 2012. Better still, use a DVD player, the vast majority of them do not detect Cinavia.

Thank You

yup, that's a 2010 model. so even if it still gets updates it will never be able to detect cinavia. For the simple reason that it lacks the internal hardware to do it and cinavia was still being developped / added to the blu-ray standard.

Any licensed player before Feb 1st does not fall under the detection rule. So technically if a new player was licensed for playback on Jan 31st, 2012 it wouldn't have to detect cinavia, as the mandatory detection implementation date is Feb 1st, 2012.

help please

is her a way to check a dvd before you copy it for cinavia (nieabors) I ran another ( a million ways to die in the west) it
did not show but it poped up....
I did find one program that did but don't trust it

is her a way to check a dvd before you copy it for cinavia (nieabors) I ran another ( a million ways to die in the west) it

More about cinavia : https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?48789-*Cinavia-Protection*

To put it simple, no. Cinavia can't be removed atm with any slysoft product.

Copy it for neighbours? Sorry that's piracy, my help ends here. Anydvd is ment for fair-use backups, not to make copies and distribute them to our friends/neighbours. If they wanna see the movie, they need to buy/rent it.

Copy it for neighbours? Sorry that's piracy [...].
I respect your statement as your personal view. However, from a legal point of view, it depends on where you live. Copying free of charge for close friends and relatives is okay in some countries.

euhm not really. Fair-use allows for making backups for YOURSELF from discs YOU own. Tell the MPAA that statement of yours and see how they react, they'll sue you for copyright infringement with intent to distribute.

euhm not really. Fair-use allows for making backups for YOURSELF from discs YOU own. Tell the MPAA that statement of yours and see how they react, they'll sue you for copyright infringement with intent to distribute.
Yes, really. There are different laws in different countries. If you understand some German, you might want to read this text on the legal situation in Germany: http://anwalt-im-netz.de/urheberrecht/privatkopie-im-urheberrecht.html Here's the relevant part:
Die Kopien dürfen nur für den eigenen privaten Gebrauch gemacht werden, zum Beispiel für den CD-Player im Fahrzeug oder als Zuwendung für Personen, zu denen man eine engere persönliche Beziehung hat, wie Verwandte oder Freunde.

Roughly translated:
The copies may be made for private use only, e.g. for the CD player in one's vehicle or as a gift for persons one is closely connected to like relatives or friends.

Not even the almighty MPAA can sue a German for not breaking German law in Germany. There's a similar law in Switzerland.

might wanna start reading torrentfreak.com then. MPAA doesn't give a rat's ass about laws in different countries. They're trying to push the US laws onto other countries. Take the case of the MPAA vs Megaupload/Kim Dotcom for example. New zealand laws are similar, still didn't stop them from suing him and confiscating pretty much everything he owned. And they're pushing the same thing onto germany. But you are right in your case, i stand corrected. Still probably wouldn't stop em though ^^

The detail is that you are allowed to make copies yes, but circumventing the protections to MAKE those copies is NOT legal and that's exactly where the problem lies.

U can make copies, but u can't remove the protections on the discs to make em.

anyways, we're drifting way off topic :)

A DVD? Look for an AACS directory.

might wanna start reading torrentfreak.com then. MPAA doesn't give a rat's ass about laws in different countries. They're trying to push the US laws onto other countries. Take the case of the MPAA vs Megaupload/Kim Dotcom for example. New zealand laws are similar, still didn't stop them from suing him and confiscating pretty much everything he owned. And they're pushing the same thing onto germany.
I'm not sure about this, but using US servers, Kim Schmitz could violate US law even as a German and Finnish NZ resident. That's very different from copying a few discs and "distributing" them to your friends via sneakernet.

The detail is that you are allowed to make copies yes, but circumventing the protections to MAKE those copies is NOT legal and that's exactly where the problem lies.

U can make copies, but u can't remove the protections on the discs to make em.
Take a look at § 108b Abs. 1 UrhG:
Wer in der Absicht, sich oder einem Dritten den Zugang zu einem nach diesem Gesetz geschützten Werk oder einem anderen nach diesem Gesetz geschützten Schutzgegenstand oder deren Nutzung zu ermöglichen, eine wirksame technische Maßnahme ohne Zustimmung des Rechtsinhabers umgeht [...] wird, wenn die Tat nicht ausschließlich zum eigenen privaten Gebrauch des Täters oder mit dem Täter persönlich verbundener Personen erfolgt oder sich auf einen derartigen Gebrauch bezieht, mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu einem Jahr oder mit Geldstrafe bestraft.

Very roughly translated:
If one circumvents copy protections, one will be fined or sentenced to up to one year, except if it was done exclusively for the offender's private use or for the use by persons who are personally connected to the offender.

anyways, we're drifting way off topic :)
Right you are! :)

Last edited:
More about cinavia : https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?48789-*Cinavia-Protection*

To put it simple, no. Cinavia can't be removed atm with any slysoft product.

Copy it for neighbours? Sorry that's piracy, my help ends here. Anydvd is ment for fair-use backups, not to make copies and distribute them to our friends/neighbours. If they wanna see the movie, they need to buy/rent it.

I believe the OP was referring to the dvd movie neighbors and not his neighbor.

Back