• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

People should read the "Talk" part of the Wikipedia entry for Cinavia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cinavia). There has been some debate as to what constitutes info that should be listed. A conspiracy theory is completely unwarranted.

A very valid point is this:

I am not from verance nor am I a supporter of the watermark. There are websites dedicated to listing all of the players and movies such as Slysoft and DVDfab you can monitor them. Wikipedia does not need to maintain a list as it just gets messy and keep growing and growing. Wiki doesn't keep lists for ANY copy protection, that is not our purpose.

Tyros1972 (talk) 07:43, 21 April 2012 (UTC)

Nonetheless, if people want an updated list in these forums then someone needs to step up to maintain the list.

People should read the "Talk" part of the Wikipedia entry for Cinavia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cinavia). There has been some debate as to what constitutes info that should be listed. A conspiracy theory is completely unwarranted.

A very valid point is this:

Nonetheless, if people want an updated list in these forums then someone needs to step up to maintain the list.

That certainly makes more sense than my post

I would like to buy this to use instead of my PS3:

WDBGXT0000NBK

Does it contain CINAVIA?

Is there a list somewhere that has all the known cinavia blu rays on it... ?

cant find one....

Old firmware for Sony?

My BDP-S570 unfortunately has the latest firmware on it. Although I suspect there are blockers built in to flashing an older firmware, I'd love to at least try. Does anyone on the forum have a copy of firmware M04.R.624, or could someone point me to a place where I can download it? (I have Googled for about an hour now to no avail.)

Is there a list somewhere that has all the known cinavia blu rays on it... ?

cant find one....

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

Also I think I'm not going to buy the WD TV live I see a lot of people have stuttering issues with MKV's.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/MKV-Full-HD-Stutter/idi-p/286900

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-L...ions/MKV-stuttering-on-WD-TV-Live/td-p/314891

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-L.../WDTV-live-stutters-with-USB-disk/td-p/139516

Did anybody here have such issues?

I had a WD media player for a time. It was agreeable. VERY few files had issues. Flash drives can play a role in the playback. High bitrate could bring a slow drive to its knees. I haven't had any issues with an LG BD640, and file playback :) I hope it never gets updated :S Files are so much more convenient.

I like my old PS3 with SHOWTIME media player, but it's constantly YLODing.

What you guys should investigate for cinavia is for example:

Get a BD convert the DTS track to MP3.

Get the same movie (Like RE:Afterlife or Underworld Awakening for example) in DVD and convert the AC3 (Extract the audio with for example DVD AUDIO EXTRACTOR) track to MP3 without CINAVIA.

What I noticed (You can see this really well in audacity) is that the cinavia audio seems overdriven and clipped compared to the non cinavia audio. You can also hear that when playing the non cinavia vs cinavia audio IMO. Loud scenes seem much louder on the cinavia protected track.

Couldn't you somehow lower the dB level so both audio tracks are identical and subtract the non cinavia audio from the cinavia audio so you remain with only the cinavia signal?

I know some stuff about audio like transforming from the Time Domain to the Frequency domain using convolutions and stuff but...

I just joined recently and I would like to say DO NOT BUY the Philips BDP2900 BluRay player which is available at Walmart for $68.00 It has been infected with the Cinavia **** VIRUS!!!:bang: I bought one and when I got home I found out it had Cinavia on it. :mad: I immediately got back in my car and returned it and then I went to Best Buy and for $69.99 I bought the Panasonic DMP BD75 BluRay player which does NOT have Cinavia **** on it.

The Panasonic will play any MKV files burned onto on DVD -R or DVD +R DL as long as the files are encoded or remuxed with MKVmerge version 2.2.0 which is also known as mkvtoolnix-2.2.0-setup.exe which you can get here: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-2.2.0-setup.exe

As for USB connected files it recognizes MKV's as long as you remux your files to the older MKV container format using MKVmerge version 2.2.0. I have a new USB 3.0 2 TB Seagate External hard drive here with 120+ BluRay 720p and 1080p movies in MKV format connected to the Panasonic DMP BD75 Bluray player and it plays them all flawlessly. 8) GO get the Panasonic DMP BD75 before they are sold out and no longer available. One thing I would like to add is to NEVER update the firmware on it and you will never have to worry about the Cinavia crap on it. Mine has firmware version 1.28 on it and I will never update it and it will always play MKV files fine. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please re-read the rules you agreed to when you signed up. I've edited your post for language. Thank you. :policeman:

No new comments lately? The number of Cinavia protected disks are growing;)

Last edited:
Really? Huh, since it doesn't effect me, I hadn't noticed :p I can see the concern for some people though. Heck, I haven't even come across a new encrypted disc. I'm still on version 7022. My annual membership expired :( Thankfully, I have a second job now. I'll more than likely be buying the lifetime key before too long. Even if Slysoft becomes no more, they deserve the return, for all these years :D

I just noticed this update to post 1 (Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 17th March 2012 at 21:30. Reason: Updated Oppo information.
): (Players without Cinavia)

Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it

Is this true and where did this information come from? How did they get out of the Cinavia requirement?

TIA ;)

I just noticed this update to post 1 (Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 17th March 2012 at 21:30. Reason: Updated Oppo information.
): (Players without Cinavia)

Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it

Is this true and where did this information come from? How did they get out of the Cinavia requirement?

TIA ;)

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=50984

Read that thread in these forums. You've even posted in that thread, yourself, so... really? The information came from Oppo support. They didn't get out of the requirement. It has to do with timing. Myself and others have stated for AGES in these forums that it was doubtful that the Oppo players could support Cinavia to begin with and regardless that due to timing it was doubtful and this was long before confirmation from Oppo. We were right.

Thanks for the reply. But that link is just the first page of the thread. And, though I have posted in that thread, I don't remember seeing the details about the Oppo cinavia requirements.

So are you saying that the Oppo's are not physically capable of supporting the Cinavia firmware, or is it manufacturing timing thing and these models are not manufactured after the Cinavia requirement date?

Sorry if the question is a re-hash, but I couldn't find it in the thread.

TIA ;)

Back