• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Sony BDP-BX18 Blu-ray player

I have a Sony BDP-BX18 Blu-ray player with firmware M09.R.0036, it has cinavia. When I tried my Wrath of the Titans copy it muted sound 20 mins into it.
On the other hand my Sony BDP-BX38 Blu ray player which was updated to M06.R.0579 plays that BD-9 copy just fine.

Last edited:
I have a Sony BDP-BX18 Blu-ray player with firmware M09.R.0036, it has cinavia. When I tried my Wrath of the Titans copy it muted sound 20 mins into it.
On the other hand my Sony BDP-BX38 Blu ray player which was updated to M06.R.0579 plays that BD-9 copy just fine.

If you want to keep your Sony BDP-BX38 working the way you'd like it to work, I suggest you NOT update the firmware . . . as M06.R.0621 appears to include cinavia - look here:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...te_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

Last edited:
Cinavia Becoming More Prevalent

I just tried 3 brand new3d blu-ray players and they all have cinavia protection.

1. Panasonic
2. LG
3. Samsung

What's happening!!!

vic

I just tried 3 brand new3d blu-ray players and they all have cinavia protection.

1. Panasonic
2. LG
3. Samsung

What's happening!!!

vic

You're surprised? It was bound to happen ;) An HTPC however cannot be leashed. Not for long anyhow :p

Hi all

An update to the predicament I had. I had a Sony BDP-S780 (Non Cinavia) BD Player. Only had it 5 months and the diode died - was intermittently playing / not playing original and backup discs which all played perfectly on my BD Windows laptop. I sent my BD player away for repair under warranty, and apparently the BD drive itself had failed to such a point the drive itself was replaced. So, still have the 780 model but with a new optical drive and tray. The new Sony BDP-S790 enforces Cinavia as stated in it's manual, so glad they just replaced the internal drive on my 780 and didn't just give me the new Cinavia infected 790. The repairer upgraded the Firmware to M07.R.0615 (Australian Model), and successfully played back Green Lantern BD backup which originally had Cinavia. The movie was still playing fine after 29 minutes no issues whatsoever.

Just discovered Sony have released a newer Firmware - http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/490515/product/bdp-s780 - M07.R.0600 yet still no mention of Cinavia, so is it risky to upgrade or have Sony just conveniently not mentioned the "C" word? Mentions: This utility upgrades BDP-S480/S485/S580/S780 firmware to version M07.R.0600 and provides the following benefits: BRAVIA Internet Video improvement - Same as what the last upgrade said. Australian Link: http://download.sony-asia.com/downloads/electronics/SW/HV/490512/UPDATA_M07R0600.zip

Decided to do a comparison with the Sony US support site for the same model BDP-S780 which has a newer firmware - M07.R.0620 which includes Note: This upgrade includes Cinavia™ content protection technology. For those interested here is the file link: http://S02.download.sony.com/US/bluray/UPDATA_M07R0620.ZIP

Last edited:
Wrath of the Titans

For general info...After backing up a dozen BluRay 3D discs of various new titles, I ripped Wrath of the Titans 3D to my HDD using Rip Image. Burned on a BD-R 50GB blank. When played back on my new Sony BDP-S790 the AUDIO quit after 10 minutes with a "Cinavia Protection" warning. Never had a problem with this on any 3D. Will dig deeper to hopefully find a solution.

The solution is to not play it on a Cinavia enabled player, at the moment the only way to remove Cinavia is to find a copy of the film from elsewhere in the world that doesn't have Cinavia and replace the audio track with that one

Lockout US region Blu-ray is Cinavia protected

22 minutes in got the Error 3.

Ghost Rider 3: Spirit of Vengeance US Region Cinavia protected

Very interesting. The Blu-ray is protected with Cinavia. I then took the backup and using BD Rebuilder, shrunk it to a DVD-9 side and reburned, thinking that because Cinavia looks for AACS keys and there aren't any, maybe the Cinavia wouldn't impact playback. It did. Can anyone explain how Cinavia can work on a DVD-9?

I assume you mean that when you played it back you got the Cinavia message, if so then that's what it's supposed to do, Cinavia looks for the correct AACS etc, and if it's missing then any Cinavia detecting player will flag up that it's missing and trigger the warning messages. It wouldn't be much of a copy protection if it was that easy to get round

I assume you mean that when you played it back you got the Cinavia message, if so then that's what it's supposed to do, Cinavia looks for the correct AACS etc, and if it's missing then any Cinavia detecting player will flag up that it's missing and trigger the warning messages. It wouldn't be much of a copy protection if it was that easy to get round

To confirm, yes, when I played back the DVD-9 version of a "shrunk" Blyu-ray that is Cinavia-protected, I got the error. I was just surprised to find that a DVD-9 on a Blu-ray player would still trigger the protection, because I didn't think that non Blu-rays had an AACS key.

So are standard DVD-ROMs (dual layer) also showing up with Cinavia protection as well? Or is it just limited to Blu-rays due to the cost of encoding?

Thanks

I would think the engineering design by Verance corporation, for the addition of the cancer audio stream Cinavia to the pressed BD-ROM would be the same as for pressed DVD-ROM.
You are only looking at a format change and disk size change, the processing of adding the cancer Cinavia audio stream might be just a touch different from BD-ROM to DVD-ROM but the end results are the same.

To confirm, yes, when I played back the DVD-9 version of a "shrunk" Blyu-ray that is Cinavia-protected, I got the error. I was just surprised to find that a DVD-9 on a Blu-ray player would still trigger the protection, because I didn't think that non Blu-rays had an AACS key.

So are standard DVD-ROMs (dual layer) also showing up with Cinavia protection as well? Or is it just limited to Blu-rays due to the cost of encoding?

Thanks
This is the whole point of the Cinavia watermark, there'd be no point putting it in if it was so easy to bypass. If you play back on a Cinavia detecting player and have the correct AACS etc on a disc then the disc plays fine, if you remove the AACS then it causes the player to trigger the Cinavia message.
You might want to read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

Sony BDP-S350 & S550 Firmware 026

I downloaded the latest firmware update for the Sony S350/S550 & burned it to a CD-R following Sony's instructions exactly (Windows 7 Pro/64).
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sup...=1&info_id=605
I have now installed firmware 026 on both my S350 & S550 with no problems and they both work fine.
I also did some testing and can confirm the players have remained free of cinavia as promised by Sony tech support.

Sony BDP-S1000ES firmware 014

I ordered and received my free firmware #014 update disc from Sony (free since this player is still under warranty).
I installed it today.
It installed with no problems, the player works perfectly fine, and after doing some testing, I am satisfied my player remains free of cinavia. 8)

Is there someone who can approve that the latest fw for the Panansonic DMP-BDT110/111/210/310 (Update Ver 1.88 dated 2012/7/9) is still Cinavia free? Since there is no way to get back to an ealier ver. updates for these Panasonic players are risky. I would prefer to avoid an update witch adds Cinavia to my BDT110... :confused:

Yesterday I updated my Sony BDP S350 BluRay player with the latest firmware 026 from 6/21/2012. No Cinavia Protection on this Firmware :rock:

Is there someone who can approve that the latest fw for the Panansonic DMP-BDT110/111/210/310 (Update Ver 1.88 dated 2012/7/9) is still Cinavia free? Since there is no way to get back to an ealier ver. updates for these Panasonic players are risky. I would prefer to avoid an update witch adds Cinavia to my BDT110... :confused:

I have updated and tested my 210 and 215 players with Ver 1.88. No Cinavia infection.

i need some help with dlna blu-ray players.
my ps3's bd drive just croaked. i don't care for the ps3 much to play games, but it was easy to use for watching bd's and streaming mp4's from my NAS via wifi.

i'm looking to buy a dlna blu-ray player that can stream most media formats, music, pictures, videos. but in particular the videos are HD mp4's (most @ 1080p and bitrates from 4Mbps to 16Mbps, variable). i also have some mts files i pull directly from my camcorder, which are also HD.

i know that the bdp-93 can handle all this, but i don't want to buy one right now because i have a 2 yr old that could potentially damage it .... so i'm looking for something less expensive that can play blu-rays and also stream my video library via wifi from my dlna NAS. obviously i'd prefer it to be cinavia-free, but i'll look at anything at this point.

any suggestions ?

Back