• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

that url don't work, this one does http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia#List_of_Known_Releases_with_Cinavia_Watermarking

Oh and for you ps3 peeps, here's a nice quote from it

Cinavia is detected in Mic recorded Audio, AC3, Stereo, Dolby Digital tracks, but it cannot be detected in DTS audio tracks with PS3, while streaming from a computer. As of June 2011 (Update 3.66), certain streamed video tracks enabled with Cinavia have been recognized via pc-ps3 streaming; this would be the aforementioned audio types, except DTS.

so if you stream, use the DTS track if it has one :)

I just bought the LG BD640. I played "The Other Guys" for 30 minutes without Cinavia detection. I'm not sure yet which firmware the LG BD640 has, but it would appear that Stock, it does not support cinavia detection.

Might I also add, that it is quite the nice player!
1. It's near silent at ~2 feet away.
2. It plays literally every type of burned media I've thrown at it! Verbatim LTH, Taiyo Yuden LTH, CMC MAG BD-R (Digistor bought), Ritek BD-R, Optical Quantum, etc. I'll be hard pressed to find a disc it won't play.

The only negative point I've come up with, is the included wireless dongle is rather tacky(Quite large). I haven't tested the wireless/Lan capabilities yet. I bought it more for blu-ray playback than anything. Though netflix will be a huge plus!

The BD611 is probably the same model, without the wireless capability. It likely has the same playback capability, while hurting the wallet less ;)

Update on Cinavia based title for Blu-ray

Updated list of Cinavia protected title for Blu-ray as of 4 Dec 2011.

Attachments

• Cinavia Based Title.jpg
    Cinavia Based Title.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 68
i have questions concerning the bdp-93 by oppo .....

is this player able to stream mp4 movies encoded using h.264 avc at a variable bitrate with aac-lc multichannel that also has a variable bitrate ?

typically, how many Mbps are people getting with the wireless connection and this player ? it's a wireless N 2.4GHz, so i think it's possible to connect at upto 300 Mbps, i've been able to connect with wireless N at 5 GHz with speeds above 200 Mbps from my router, but the 2.4 GHz frequency is what this player uses ....

just a thought. since the cinavia pops up after 20 mins on a PS3, would it be possible to cut the movie up into 15 minute segments and place them into a folder and turn the "continuous play" feature on in the PS3 settings?

i have questions concerning the bdp-93 by oppo .....

is this player able to stream mp4 movies encoded using h.264 avc at a variable bitrate with aac-lc multichannel that also has a variable bitrate ?

typically, how many Mbps are people getting with the wireless connection and this player ? it's a wireless N 2.4GHz, so i think it's possible to connect at upto 300 Mbps, i've been able to connect with wireless N at 5 GHz with speeds above 200 Mbps from my router, but the 2.4 GHz frequency is what this player uses ....

You don't have to use the included external USB connected wireless adapter. Just use an external wireless 802.11n 5 Ghz external adapter with the BDP-93. I've used a D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge on both my Oppo BDP-83 and BDP-93 at one point or another to connect to my 5 Ghz network. Plug it into the ethernet port after configuring things and I'm good to go.

Confirming cinavia on the following discs:

Zookeeper DVD: R2 & 5
Bad Teacher Blu-ray: Rfree (my copy is Region B)

Panasonic DMP-BDT110 firmware version 1.68 or older is free of Cinavia.

I see that "The Roommate" and "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night" are Cinavia protected titles. At least according to Wiki. And according to Blu-rayDOTcom, they're both 25Gb(single layer) discs. I would like to create an image of either while keeping the protection intact. Will this fool blu-ray players? I read once upon a time, that making exact images(protection intact) of 50gb discs, will work. But who wants to burn 8 - $10USD backup discs?!
Is this attempt futile? I'm sorry if this has been discussed. There's quite a few pages here now LOL! :S
Dylan Dog's Blu cover however, does not have the cinavia logo. I'll be getting it anyway. I haven't seen Brandon Routh in anything but Superman Returns ;)

I really wish people would understand what "keeping protection in tact" actually MEANS. :( You can NOT just burn a disc that hasn't had the protection removed and expect it to magically work. That's why it's called protection in the first place...it prevents you from doing exactly that. :) Now, what YOU'RE talking about is probably the DVDFab "solution" of adding AACS onto the disc by burning a BDMV-REC disc. This (currently) fools Cinavia, yes. But even that has had the protection removed before the backup is written and AACS is added back to it. I hope that helps clear up the confusion.

For the record so that people understand what the "Keep protection" checkbox in the AnyDVD ripper is all about...it's about making ISO images that haven't been touched. These are *USELESS* without AnyDVD running to deprotect the mounted image in realtime. Doing that, removes the AACS and would again fail the Cinavia check. So the Keep protection checkbox does absolutely NOTHING to help you with Cinavia. Again, I hope this also helps clear up some confusion and misconceptions about what works and doesn't.

Sorry to upset you. I had a feeling I missed something. I believe I understand a bit better now. Thanks :p

I'm not upset. I just have seen too many people led astray believing they can burn protected discs. But they are in fact protected...wouldn't be a very useful protection if you could just burn it right? :) I don't want people burning expensive discs and wasting time and money that's all.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

sony s580 has no cinavia current firmware

sony s580 has no cinavia current firmware

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you have researched anything about Cinavia, Sony would be the last player you would buy to expect it not to be eventually infected.

Good luck with those Sony players. The previous 2 comments that support Sony sound like spam to me.

Why? Just because it is a Sony ? I have a Sony S570 and it is not infected with cinavia and it's picture quality and speed in second to none. It is the best player I have ever owned. I sold my Oppo BDP-83 after purchasing the S570 because I could not justify the cost of the Oppo for Blu-ray playback on my 115" Cinemascope screen. I also have a PS3 and I don't use it that much expect to stream Vudu and Netfilx, again because there is other player that I know of that has the picture quality of the PS3 when it comes to streaming. My backup player, Panasonic DMP-BDT110 comes in second in this regard. When they make cinavia mandatory, any player you buy will have it. So if update is required to watch a certain title that contains cinavia, the already infected PS3 will be used. For the rest, my cinavia free Sony S570, Sony S1000ES, Pioneer BDP320 (X2), Samsung 2500 and Panasonic DMP-BDT110 will be used. As you can see I am a blu-ray junkie but I am NOT a spammer as you alluded to and I have been a member here longer that you. FYI, I hate Sony and the crappy moves they throw at us but that doesn't stop me from buying their product that fits my needs and if it is superior product and can be had for cheap. In general though, Sony is not the first brand I look at. But I will take a $90 Sony S570 over the $500 Oppo any day. But that is just me. As they say, to each his own.

Last edited:
You have a 115" screen?
There was a time when I liked Sony before they pioneered the Cinavia virus :)

I have a dual screen setup in my theater, 115" screen in 2.40 format and another 106" screen HDTV format (16:9) and I use these with a Panasonic AE4000U projector. No anamorphic lens required to enjoy both formats. I don't believe Sony pioneered cinavia. It was a separate independent company. Of course, evil Sony decided to include that as mandatory on BRA as usual. What is new with Sony ?

Last edited:
Back