• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

it was verance that created it but sony was afaik the first to massively employ it (namely on their PS3)

I reviewed the first page for infected players but was not sure if it was the most up-to-date list.

I am looking to get a 3d blu ray player and wanted to see if anybody here has experience with one(s) that do not contain cinavia.

I read that this one does NOT contain cinavia - Panasonic DMP-BDT210. Can this be confirmed.

Any other 3d players recommended?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Friends with Benefits BD (All Regions) has Cinavia as well. Cinavia icon on back of packaging.

LG BD650 fw ver 8.62.376.E is cinavia free.

There is a newer version pending that I haven't tested yet. So if you want the above version, you will have to download and install it using a PC and thumb drive.

Hello there, fellow LG fan :) I recently bought the LG BD640. Played a cinavia infected backup for 30+ minutes, and no detection. Not sure of the firmware yet, but it's a dandy unit. Plays everything I throw at it. Including 2 tested LTH type burnable medias :D

LD BD640 firmware/software version

Well, it doesn't say firmware version. But it does say:

---Software information
Main Ver: BD5.636.00
Servo Ver: H08LGN0905

I can post a screeny if asked.

Panasonic BD75 - Cinavia-Free V1.33 Firmware

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to pass along that my BD75 which I upgraded to FW 1.33 is Cinavia-free. My DVD backup of the The Tourist played fine.

G.

Just so you guys know, I got the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D player for xmas and updated the FW to 1.70. So far, cinavia-free!

PS: Even if you don't install newer versions, it's a good idea to download and archive firmware versions while they're available on the vendors websites. You might find out later they are cinavia free and safe to install. But if they do add the cinavia code eventually, you have the previous versions before the infection.

They probably won't start infecting firmware until at least the feb deadline. So archive the f/w while it's probably still cinavia free.

A wise suggestion. I believe I'll do just that :)

PS: Even if you don't install newer versions, it's a good idea to download and archive firmware versions while they're available on the vendors websites. You might find out later they are cinavia free and safe to install. But if they do add the cinavia code eventually, you have the previous versions before the infection.

They probably won't start infecting firmware until at least the feb deadline. So archive the f/w while it's probably still cinavia free.

A wise suggestion. I believe I'll do just that :)
It should be noted that not all players will allow a firmware "update" to an older/earlier version. It's best to never update unless you have a good reason, and know what you're getting yourself into i.e. have researched the "update" online first.

That's correct. The concept of downgrading a firmware to an earlier version should be thought of with extreme caution. It's not very difficult for them to block old firmware versions from installing over a new one. And if they add Cinavia, that will be very likely.

LOL, I'd hardly entertain the idea of rolling BACK a firmware. Not much of a protection, if people can simply downgrade a firmware ;)
The only reason I'll save the different F/W's, is if hacking them becomes a possibility, or the current firmware I have is deemed safe ;)

The Ides of March

The Ides of March BD is not scheduled to be released in North America until January 17. I am in the UK and received my Zone A locked copy today, however, and the Cinavia logo is present on the rear cover. Another disc for the list, I'm afraid.

About this firmware hassle !

Many of you think if you buy an non-cinavia player and you choose not to update or set it to manual update your player keeps the old firmware right ... !?

wrong...

What if company's force you to update in order for you to play future blu-ray / dvd discs just like it has been long the case whit games these day's on consoles :eek:

Either you will need to update through ethernet or asked to update once you insert the movie disc itself !!

Now, that's troublesome and worries me :( !!!

Or you make a movie only backup and not worry about it. :)

Thats just the thing samuri.. !!

As i understand it , the copy protection is embeded in the audio channels from the movie !! Now, what if they manage to enhance that protection in such a way that the movie first detects if the cinavia protection system is indeed present in the current firmware from the player (like an handshake protocol) and won't proceed the playback due to the lack of that pesky cinavia protection !!

Unless and again you put in the original disc containing your players firmware to (forced) update!!!

you see !!

Worst case scenario, i know but the disc woudnt even play at all unless it passes that checkpoint somehow !!

And from what i have read and understand that's only possible by altering the audio/video streams (content) from the movie disc itself , which is not possible if iam not mistaken !!

Also, workarrounds are just temporarely sollutions in my opinion.
Because they always can patch the exploint afterwards, leaving you with an useless backup (again) that has cost you money and time !!

That's what worrie's me.. !

cheers,

Last edited:
Woa woa woa. Calm down. Let's step through this cause you are quite confused. :)

1) Your theory that a non-Cinavia player is going to do ANYTHING with a movie only backup is incorrect. It'll do nothing...except, you know, play. :)
2) Firmware updates to play *ORIGINAL* discs might be necessary due to changing protection. But a movie only backup contains nothing but the Cinavia signal, which at the present, can't be removed. But again, if you have a player that doesn't detect Cinavia in the firmware version you're using, this is meaningless.

So relax. Those with non-cinavia players can continue using them as they do today if they don't update the firmware. And if they're doing movie only backups, which removes all the protection/bd-j/menus, there is NO NEED to update the firmware.

Now, on such a player, playing originals may or may not be possible going forward depending on the protection. But that is not the goal of keeping such a player around.

So relax. Those with non-cinavia players can continue using them as they do today if they don't update the firmware. And if they're doing movie only backups, which removes all the protection/bd-j/menus, there is NO NEED to update the firmware.

Now, on such a player, playing originals may or may not be possible going forward depending on the protection. But that is not the goal of keeping such a player around.

Yes exactly, currently four non-cinavia players anywhere from one to three firmware issue's out, three will be to play current library movie only with all protections removed, and one will be to be used for only the latest source Blu-ray disks and the firmware will ONLY be updated if it will NOT PLAY the latest movie release's and ALL other know problems have be fixed.

This way I will be able to play current library and new releases.:agree:
And, hopefully Slysoft is in high gear on the planning stage, and what team members will be in the group to remove the cancer Cinavia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woa woa woa. Calm down. Let's step through this cause you are quite confused. :)

1) Your theory that a non-Cinavia player is going to do ANYTHING with a movie only backup is incorrect. It'll do nothing...except, you know, play. :)
2) Firmware updates to play *ORIGINAL* discs might be necessary due to changing protection. But a movie only backup contains nothing but the Cinavia signal, which at the present, can't be removed. But again, if you have a player that doesn't detect Cinavia in the firmware version you're using, this is meaningless.

Whoaaa.. Keep your shirt on... back down a bit... :bang:

Oh noes, you got me all wrong...

My theory and fear factor is all about a non-cinavia player going to do anything BUT PLAY (just the opposite to what you say) because of future protected movies with the embedded signal in the audio track which you woud extract allong with the MOVIE ONLY backup option you suggested back there :bang:

Look, i know for cinavia to be detected on disks the player must have a .. let's call it an cinavia-firmware currently.

But what if that signal works just the other way arround and works from the disc/content looking for cinavia-firmwares instead of the player doing the detection scanning the content from the disc in the future!?

And might i remind you, the signal is intertwined with the audio from the content of the disc that can't be removed currently !!

If that protection system woud work the opposite way and starts to detect dvd players (not software players pc) for the right firmware for the obviously reason to get the protection to do its work , then and only then it woud be game over right now, isnt it!

If that would happen next, no cinavia discs would play right NOW anymore.. am i right or am i right?

Since there's no sollution to get arround that signal .. right.. are you with me now?

Just saying...

No, I'm NOT with you at all. Because what you're saying isn't how it works. At all.

Back