• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Uf, the scene releases with Cinavia are usually Cam rips, therefore not interesting. But those come up on PS3 with Message 1, while bd copies with Cinavia trigger Message 3 (like EAGLE-1 with kk2010).

So it would be more interesting/useful to ask what message did the user get :)

No need to ask. They posted a pic of a message 3. Hence retail disc. We just wanted to take a look at the log from the original for various reasons.

Oh, I just realized I replied to your message instead of another... sorry... :eek:

No problem, James. It happens to us all. :eek:

Uf, the scene releases with Cinavia are usually Cam rips, therefore not interesting. But those come up on PS3 with Message 1, while bd copies with Cinavia trigger Message 3 (like EAGLE-1 with kk2010).

As I noted I was aware of the scene releases and any information from them is utterly meaningless in my book. I hope all these idiots creating screeners rot. They screw over the legitimate consumers.

So it would be more interesting/useful to ask what message did the user get :)

And we did see pictures with Message Code 3 clearly visible.

No need to ask. They posted a pic of a message 3. Hence retail disc. We just wanted to take a look at the log from the original for various reasons.

Yep.

Maybe the original disc isn't available for some reason ;)

That's always a possibility but EAGLE-1 stated the disc was a purchased retail disc and I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt because I know a lot of people who can get retail discs way before the official street date so having this movie so early is legitimately possible.

Anyway, all I wanted were logs to take a glance at out of interest. Until someone reports Cinavia with the retail disc, posts actual log files from the original retail unmolested pressed disc, and posts a picture of a Message Code 3 from the backup produced from that Blu-Ray disc then I am not going to consider Karate Kid 2010 to be a Cinavia release.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie said:
Anyway, all I wanted were logs to take a glance at out of interest. Until someone reports Cinavia with the retail disc, posts actual log files from the original retail unmolested pressed disc, and posts a picture of a Message Code 3 from the backup produced from that Blu-Ray disc then I am not going to consider Karate Kid 2010 to be a Cinavia release.

The picture with Message 3 or just saying you got a Message 3 is just as strong. If you're not gonna believe Karate Kid 2010 has Cinavia until you see an original log... well I can post an original log from, let's say, "Slumdog Millionaire" and a picture from the movie with Message 3 on it :p

It's just more reports about Karate Kid (2010) from various ppl that will confirm Cinavia.

The picture with Message 3 or just saying you got a Message 3 is just as strong. If you're not gonna believe Karate Kid 2010 has Cinavia until you see an original log... well I can post an original log from, let's say, "Slumdog Millionaire" and a picture from the movie with Message 3 on it :p

It's just more reports about Karate Kid (2010) from various ppl that will confirm Cinavia.

You are free to have your own opinion but you are not me and I am not you. What you feel is enough information isn't what I feel is enough nor does it satisfy my curiosity. I want to see legitimate logs from the retail disc. Until I do I really don't care what people "claim".

You are free to have your own opinion but you are not me and I am not you. What you feel is enough information isn't what I feel is enough nor does it satisfy my curiosity. I want to see legitimate logs from the retail disc. Until I do I really don't care what people "claim".

This is your version of "let's agree to disagree" :D Ok, mate.

Karate kid (US) does in fact have cinavia. The 'Protected by Cinavia' logo is printed on the back cover of the Blu-ray

Attachments

• KK.jpg
    KK.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Karate kid (US) does in fact have cinavia. The 'Protected by Cinavia' logo is printed on the back cover of the Blu-ray

Thank you for providing this information, Adbear. The one positive thing to take out of this is the fact that it would seem that consumers will be able to see whether a release makes use of Cinavia by looking at the disc cover but then again we can't be sure that it's a requirement. Regardless, thank you for providing some factual and tangible information.

PS: I still want to see log files from the retail disc. :p

I don't have it, I got a friend to scan the cover and email it to me. I think the film is awful and wouldn't waste my money on it.

I don't have it, I got a friend to scan the cover and email it to me. I think the film is awful and wouldn't waste my money on it.

That's fine. :) You may not have been able to provide logs but what you did provide was nice in and of itself.

Frankly, it appears that Cinavia is being tested on junk movie releases just as we saw the initial use of X-Protect in Region 1 with test cases like Blade: House of Chthon and Snakes On A Plane.

The logo obviously isn't "required" since The Losers doesn't have it (shame).

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1534924&tab=5&back=1&anchor=1#topoftabs

True, Losers doesn't but possibly this is something the industry has decided might be in their best interest to advise users of? I suppose that actually means I am saying they are intelligent which they quite often prove themselves to not be. Nonetheless, let's hope that the logo is printed on future Cinavia releases so consumers know what they are getting before spending the money and without having to look things up online before making a purchase.

In my opinion the Cinavia logo should be printed on the back of any retail movie disc case or cover art box if that movie contains Cinavia. Wouldn't the customer have the right to know this information before they buy the disc? Even if it was listed in fine print somewhere.

Well, it is enough to print on the cover it is copy protected in the point of legal.

True, Losers doesn't but possibly this is something the industry has decided might be in their best interest to advise users of? I suppose that actually means I am saying they are intelligent which they quite often prove themselves to not be. Nonetheless, let's hope that the logo is printed on future Cinavia releases so consumers know what they are getting before spending the money and without having to look things up online before making a purchase.

Also, Losers was Warner and Karate Kid (2010) is Sony. Maybe it is a decision per company.

fix cinavia?

any dvd hd no found fix the problem with cinavia ?? for wath???

Well, it's not like the BDs you buy specify that they're protected with AACS or BD+, they just are, so I don't see a Cinavia logo on the box to be mandatory, but it would be nice if they did put it on every Cinavia-protected disc's box.

any dvd hd no found fix the problem with cinavia ?? for wath???
Try reading the threads. Cinavia isn't like other BD protections; it's embedded throughout the audio stream. For now, it's not something you can easily strip out on-the-fly in a driver like AnyDVD HD.

The ultimate "fix", if any, is more likely to come with CloneBD & SlyPlayer (whenever they drop) than AnyDVD HD. The simple fix, however, is simply don't play Cinavia-infected rips in a Cinavia-infected player; that should be easy to do. For one, HTPCs are safe; AFAIK no commercial software player is Cinavia-infected, odds are they never will be (that would likely lead to a Cinavia crack via memory dumps), and FOSS players will NEVER be Cinavia-infected. (SlyPlayer may or may not be open-source, but it'll be free and in the same category as FOSS players.) Most older SAs are also safe; they'll never have the horsepower to implement Cinavia even by firmware update.

AFAIK no commercial software player is Cinavia-infected, odds are they never will be (that would likely lead to a Cinavia crack via memory dumps)

The AACS license agreement forces all AACS licensees to add Cinavia detection. IMHO it's only a matter of time.

The AACS license agreement forces all AACS licensees to add Cinavia detection. IMHO it's only a matter of time.

Yea, but, if they code Cinavia like they code everything else, it won't work right for 10 versions after it's released anyway. :D

Back