• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and Fab

Status
Not open for further replies.

therivetman

Since modification of first screen, I cannot get the options to eliminate the 'FBI' and other copyright cautions, nor can I get it to select Main Menu as the start point. This could be done without difficulty with original start screen. I had no problems with it. Great reason to switch to DFDFab

I tried DFDFab and it wouldn't copy any of the latest DVD's pure garbage

Also, DVDfab has not had any updates on their BD-REC disks to circumvent Cinavia, its like DVDfab just forgot about updating BD-REC disk building. What happened to the dedication on circumventing Cinavia? I'm sure Verance and Sony did NOT buy them out.

Also, never did care about the huge amount of software programs they have, it can get very confusing, and one program really never meets all of your back-up needs. A huge amount of mb download, and too many programs mixed together with the download.

My first choice is AnyDVD HD.:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony has also disable BDMV-Rec support in ps3. Meaning dvdfab has become useless garbage for cinavia based title.

According to reports from fab forum.

Sony has also disable BDMV-Rec support in ps3. Meaning dvdfab has become useless garbage for cinavia based title.

Just like I said earlier to vtpeters but could also apply to oldkibs as well, right when Sony or Cinavia would do their update to their scheme, any DVDFab backups would be less than useless.

:D

Let's see Fengtao send any of their 'Slysoft bashing posters' to troll on here and talk their way out of that.

I tried that competitors trial version and I can tell you it does not "detect cinavia". Not sure how that rumour started. :)

The only reason I tried it, was because of that rumour that it could detect cinavia. It doesn't ;)
The claim is that even a pioneer BD-206 works. I have a much newer burner and it didnt detect anything. So I don't believe it.

I have 2 burners and tried all the different configurations. It doesn't work. I suspect it's a database scam they use to make known cinavia titles appear as a scan discovery. It's a workaround and doesnt remove the cinavia signal. Next time the PS3's get a major firmware update, it won't work and probably won't work for most new players in 2012.

Last edited:
there's nothing about the cinavia detection removal in v4 according to wikipedia

That would be ideal. I don't know why I got carried away though.

@Roycal

Sony has already disable cinavia playback in ps3 with firmware 4. Accroding to some reports from their forum. Although only time will tell.

It's cool, Hawk. I get tired of the trolls and sometimes respond in ways I shouldn't, especially on this Forum.

What I try to do now is when someone comes on here that's an obvious troll, I don't post any comments until one of the mods (or a regular poster like you) do.

It's my 'count to 10' method of not saying something I'll regret later.

I tried that competitors trial version and I can tell you it does not "detect cinavia". Not sure how that rumour started. :)

The only reason I tried it, was because of that rumour that it could detect cinavia. It doesn't ;)
The claim is that even a pioneer BD-206 works. I have a much newer burner and it didnt detect anything. So I don't believe it.

Sometimes its better to go to the source telling you how to find out, and not count on heresay or rumours or YOUR trial and errror.

> Load the cinavia protected disc into DVDFab, DVDFab will trigger the copy protection and pop up a window reminding you the disc contains cinavia protection and asking you to create a protected disc (BDMV-REC)with Blu-ray Copy . If your source disc doesn't consist of this protection, this will not happen.

http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/blu-ray-copy/blu-ray-protection-cinavia

It doesn't detect cinavia, it works from a database of known discs

It doesn't detect cinavia, it works from a database of known discs

Thanks, Adbear. That's what I thought too. Tried 2 different original discs with known cinavia and couldn't make it trigger a 'cinavia detected' in the logs with the trial version.

If it really worked, there is no way they would disable it for the trial version. It's their big selling point, but if it doesn't work in the trial version, forget it.

Spent several hours trying to make it work. Refused to be a sucker and pay for the full version. I thought I could use it for a test tool, but if it has to connect to the internet to detect that the signal is there, it's proof it doesn't really work.

Last edited:
Sometimes its better to go to the source telling you how to find out, and not count on heresay or rumours or YOUR trial and errror.

> Load the cinavia protected disc into DVDFab, DVDFab will trigger the copy protection and pop up a window reminding you the disc contains cinavia protection and asking you to create a protected disc (BDMV-REC)with Blu-ray Copy . If your source disc doesn't consist of this protection, this will not happen.

I read everything I could find to read about cinavia on that website. It doesn't work with the trial version and could find nothing about it "not working" for the trial version (not trial and error).

But like I said, if it doesn't actually detect the cinavia signals, it's worthless to me anyway.

Edit: Hope the problems with the original poster worked out. But this thread has changed topics since then.

PS: There is some chatter about only certain BD writers will work, but that would only be a requirement for creating the BD-REC protected discs and would have nothing to do with detecting cinavia.
Funny thing, I couldn't find even one list of the burners that work with their so-called "cinavia solution."

PS I saw that question asked on their forum "Is it detection or a database" and it was never answered. I believe and agree with Adbear, ie "it's a database" and not a detection ;)

Last edited:
Peer said yesterday in the HD forum that when Cinavia becomes a widespread issue - Slysoft will address it properly.

-W

I missed that from Peer but, very glad to hear that, and hope Slysoft will address it properly.

From my viewpoint and many, many other hardware player DVD/Blu-ray fans it will become a widespread issue VERY SHORTLY, and by the end of the year it will have a full blown effect on hardware playing for DVD/Blu-ray fans who do back-ups or at least when their existing hardware Blu-ray players wear out.

Big time acknowledgement and money in the special interest groups or large corporations who come up with the death procedure for Cinavia.:agree:

And, I don't think any hardware player DVD fan is going to complain if the audio has to be re-encoded and takes a lot of time, if it is one of the procedures it takes for the death procedure of Cinavia.

No worries. It will be solved. But all solutions require a positive attitude. Don't tell me something does or doesn't work if you actually haven't tried it yourself or have a highly credible source ;)

ps. I do agree with Clams on the "snake oil remark" regarding a competitors cinavia solution.

Last edited:

http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/blu-ray-copy/blu-ray-protection-cinavia

How can they honestly say they have defeated Cinavia when they don't even understand it

Movies protected by Cinavia technology carry inaudible codes embedded by the copyright owner in their audio tracks that indicate where and how they are allowed to be used

Cinavia 101 - record a spot on the wall with an infected disk playing in the background. Then make a disk of your recording using a player infected with Cinavia detection (such as a PS3). You will get the Cinavia alert. So if the signal is inaudible, do praytell how the signal has gotten on the recording, hmmmm???

Well, that didn't take long. If this is true, it doesn't surprise me in the least and i do feel sorry for all those people who didn't head warnings and now have a bunch of useless plastic.

Oh well, maybe the next product from DVDFab will be a BD-Rec encryption remover:D

Well, that didn't take long. If this is true, it doesn't surprise me in the least and i do feel sorry for all those people who didn't head warnings and now have a bunch of useless plastic.

Not entirely useless look at bright side you have free frisbee.

Oh well, maybe the next product from DVDFab will be a BD-Rec encryption remover:D

That how fengtao make money by inventing useless things or should I say steal them.

. So if the signal is inaudible, do praytell how the signal has gotten on the recording, hmmmm???

There is a fundamental difference between what is "audible" and what is within "Audio" frequencies. Cinavia does actually modulate audio frequencies without making them within the human's audible range.

Thus, any recording device capable of recording normal audio frequencies have no problem recording the cinavia signal. But that doesn't mean the cinavia signal itself is actually "audible". It is not audible. Rather ingenius too. ;)

Next time I watch a cinavia infected movie I am going to be looking for lip synch problems. But with +/- 3 msec of audio phase change I doubt you can even see that :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back