• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia affecting rips only?

Can u at least tell us if there is chance to work with protected ISOs also? ;)

Where did he clarified that?

I think he is referring to original disks only.

Otherwise this would be a total cinavia defeat.

Read his comments closer. A total cinavia defeat....for those software players that he listed.

Read his comments closer. A total cinavia defeat....for those software players that he listed.

I read it carefully:

True, but I'm working on a solution for this problem
Using AnyDVD to play a disc with TMT 5 (with Cinavia detection), TMT 6 and PowerDVD 12 (with Cinavia detection) won't be a problem anymore.

Though I hope I am wrong (see my previous posts), I think he means a physical / original disc.

But, let's let him clear this himself :D

Though I hope I am wrong (see my previous posts), I think he means a physical / original disc.

Fortunately you are wrong.
It will work with everything. Protected isos, unprotected isos, original discs.

Don't get me wrong, the audio watermark / copy protection is not removed. As I said a while back, this is not possible (well, never say never, we have done some miracles in the past, thought to be impossible for on the fly remastering, so let's say it is extremely difficult) for an on-the-fly re-mastering tool like AnyDVD, as the stream needs to be de-muxed, the audio needs to be decoded, Cinavia removed, audio re-encoded, the stream re-muxed, while keeping the disc layout unchanged.
Slyce will be the better tool to offer this. Copying is much easier than this real time stuff.

So, an image created with the new AnyDVD will still trigger Cinavia on a standalone unit like the PS3.

But restriction-free playback on a HTPC - which is AnyDVD's primary purpose - is possible with the current versions of TMT 5.3 / 6.0 and PowerDVD 12.

I can't tell, how many times I watched the first 30 minutes of "The Losers" and "Men in Black 3" the last couple of days for testing. :D

Last edited:
Been there when I was testing the software players for Cinavia. I feel your pain. :)

Been there when I was testing the software players for Cinavia. I feel your pain. :)

Likewise... I'm not sure which is more annoying: banging my head against a wall or doing that.

Nice job, James. This ability will be superb for those who can't live without using a licensed software player that is Cinavia compliant and don't own a standalone player that predates the mandatory requirement.

Fortunately you are wrong.
It will work with everything. Protected isos, unprotected isos, original discs.

Don't get me wrong, the audio watermark / copy protection is not removed. As I said a while back, this is not possible (well, never say never, we have done some miracles in the past, thought to be impossible for on the fly remastering, so let's say it is extremely difficult) for an on-the-fly re-mastering tool like AnyDVD, as the stream needs to be de-muxed, the audio needs to be decoded, Cinavia removed, audio re-encoded, the stream re-muxed, while keeping the disc layout unchanged.
Slyce will be the better tool to offer this. Copying is much easier than this real time stuff.

So, an image created with the new AnyDVD will still trigger Cinavia on a standalone unit like the PS3.

But restriction-free playback on a HTPC - which is AnyDVD's primary purpose - is possible with the current versions of TMT 5.3 / 6.0 and PowerDVD 12.

I can't tell, how many times I watched the first 30 minutes of "The Losers" and "Men in Black 3" the last couple of days for testing. :D
WOW!

So are we are talking about a total cinavia defeat (in PCs at least)!

And with AnyDVD HD! (U said many times in the past that this won't be the tool for the job / ok I get it, you don't consider Cinavia "removed", so u stay true to your words :p)

What can I say, you impressed me for one more time guys!

One final question: Should I dare to ask if it will work with rips 2 folder?

... and don't own a standalone player that predates the mandatory requirement.

Or don't *want* a standalone player. Burning discs is such a pain.
If the licensed software players were of higher quality, I would be in heaven. During my tests I realized, in what bad shape the players actually are.
TMT 6.0 doesn't even get the basics right (stutter free playback with 23.xx fps without audio sync issues).
This really can't be so hard.... XBMC does a much better job.
PowerDVD 12 actually performed much better, but is bloated with features I don't like or want.

One final question: Should I dare to ask if it will work with rips 2 folder?

Ripping Blu-rays to folder is very wrong. Don't do it. ;)
But yes, it will work for folder rips, too (if the player can play them).

Ripping Blu-rays to folder is very wrong. Don't do it. ;)
But yes, it will work for folder rips, too (if the player can play them).
I know, I am not the one doing it :D

Great!

So, to conclude, it doesn't matter what version of AnyDVD HD was used to rip the disc, the only requirement is the "new" one to run in the backround during playback, right?

PS When should we expect the new "magic" version? :D

I know, I am not the one doing it :D

Great!

So, to conclude, it doesn't matter what version of AnyDVD HD was used to rip the disc, the only requirement is the "new" one to run in the backround during playback, right?
Right.

PS When should we expect the new "magic" version? :D
Pretty soon. Only some finishing to do. I still have to decide, where to place the check-box to enable this feature. ;)

Right.

Pretty soon. Only some finishing to do. I still have to decide, where to place the check-box to enable this feature. ;)

If it works for DVD's, as well, then it should be in general options. Otherwise it should be on the blu-ray video tab.

If it works for DVD's, as well, then it should be in general options. Otherwise it should be on the blu-ray video tab.

Lacking a Cinavia DVD I haven't tested it, but it should work for DVDs as well.
General options? You mean program settings? (Which already is a bit overcrowded).

Lacking a Cinavia DVD I haven't tested it, but it should work for DVDs as well.
General options? You mean program settings? (Which already is a bit overcrowded).

Yea, program settings. Unless you want to split that up and move "protection" related things (like the protected iso option, cinavia, etc) into a new tab.

(I mean the warning option for protected iso....but anything protection related that's a "general option" could go on a new tab)

Last edited:

Will this new feature be only for BDs with cinavia watched with the aforementioned players, or will regular DVDS with cinavia also get the "magic"?

Well, NM, I see this has already been addressed. *annoyed grunt!*

I was surprised recently... wasn't Skyfall supposed to have cinavia?

I bought the French Blu-Ray (original) yesterday as it was released March 1., and I watched it with AnyDVD HD enabled since I need it to get 24 bit audio through my "insecure" audio path and therefore removing the usual protections, I was kinda expecting the 20 minutes or so message and loss of sound, but the movie played to the end just fine with PowerDVD 12 latest patch.

Back