• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia affecting rips only?

Muyfa666

I have very basic understanding of Cinavia, but there's one thing I'm not quite sure of; does Cinavia only affect rips, or will it also affect playback of original discs?

Example - I only use AnyDVD HD for region free playback of original discs. Will Cinavia be an issue for me?

I have very basic understanding of Cinavia, but there's one thing I'm not quite sure of; does Cinavia only affect rips, or will it also affect playback of original discs?

Example - I only use AnyDVD HD for region free playback of original discs. Will Cinavia be an issue for me?
If Any DVD HD is running in the back ground removing the region code and if that disc has Cinavia as well as the player (eg Total Media Theatre 6) _ then the sound track will be muted after about 20 minutes.
Also know that 99% of the discs with Cinavia only have it on only on the the English sound track.
If you run to a problem like this, a free un-licensed player like XBMC or a Media Player like the Dune H1 will work as a solution.
So yes, Cinavia will affect playback of original discs, with Any DVD HD running in the back ground, but the disc and the player also have to have Cinavia present.

Last edited:
Yes. To remove the region, protection must be removed. When the protection is removed, the cinavia signal detects the disc as non-original disc and kicks in. The same is true for rips. Bds can techinally be copied without decrypting. However to be able to play the rip, protection must be removed and there we go again protection removed, cinavia signal sees that and kicks in for the rip too

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's so very sad to hear. However, my software of choice is WinDVD 11 Pro, which to my knowledge does not have Cinavia.

So, both player (or software) and the disc have to have Cinavia for it to be a problem? If the disc or player is Cinavia free all is good?

I also have a region free standalone player without Cinavia (custom firmware) that I can use if need be. I prefer the HTPC thou... but I do think that WinDVD 11 is ok so far.

That's so very sad to hear. However, my software of choice is WinDVD 11 Pro, which to my knowledge does not have Cinavia.

So, both player (or software) and the disc have to have Cinavia for it to be a problem? If the disc or player is Cinavia free all is good?

I also have a region free standalone player without Cinavia (custom firmware) that I can use if need be. I prefer the HTPC thou... but I do think that WinDVD 11 is ok so far.
You will be fine with WinDVD, it has not been updated to include Cinavia the last time I checked.
You are correct, both the player (computer based or stand-alone) have to have Cinavia to be a problem. If the player is Cinavia free and/or the disc, then all is good.

Right then. Tnx. Here's to hoping SlyPlayer and Slyce will be above all that copy protection nonsense. :)

The problem with AnyDVD running is it will remove the protections too, not just adapt the region code. So that will flag Cinavia in the software player.

That would be a nice AnyDVD option actually. Region change or removal only. I don't know if that's possible but it would be nice.
A region free player is probably the simplest solution. I don't know what software players enforce region codes and which don't. Probably need to have the PC's blu ray player to be "region unselected" too.

But playing the original disk on a licensed software player shouldn't trigger Cinavia and shouldn't need AnyDVD running.
If you want to have AnyDVD running to adapt the region code, the only solution for now, is to have a Cinavia free software player.

Last edited:
So yes, Cinavia will affect playback of original discs, with Any DVD HD running in the back ground, but the disc and the player also have to have Cinavia present.

True, but I'm working on a solution for this problem
Using AnyDVD to play a disc with TMT 5 (with Cinavia detection), TMT 6 and PowerDVD 12 (with Cinavia detection) won't be a problem anymore.

If you want to have AnyDVD running to adapt the region code,
... or to get rid of the annoying texts / clips on a disc, user prohibited operations, ....

the only solution for now, is to have a Cinavia free software player.

... or wait for an updated AnyDVD, which will address this problem for TMT 5, TMT 6 and PowerDVD 12.

If someone would be so kind to tell me, what exactly I have to buy to get a Nero player with Cinavia detection, I'll look into this player, too.

Using AnyDVD to play a disc with TMT 5 (with Cinavia detection), TMT 6 and PowerDVD 12 (with Cinavia detection) won't be a problem anymore.
This is great, that will be a nice feature. :agree: There's a thread over at ArcSoft with allot of angry people about this issue that I am sure you've seen _ maybe...

You know that you're going to be bombarded with all sorts of questions whether or not it will remove the Cinavia mark altogether. You'll have to put something in big red letters explaining this when the beta is released and a link to the Cinavia sticky of course. :rolleyes:
Thanks James !

Last edited:

... or wait for an updated AnyDVD, which will address this problem for TMT 5, TMT 6 and PowerDVD 12.
OK, let's start bombarding :p

Let me get this straight: Are we talking about a ‘’total’’ Cinavia defeat? I suppose, not.

Is this a trick to ‘’fool’’ the software players in order to ‘’disable Cinavia detection’’ (even only with original discs)? Again, I suppose not.

So I suppose that:

1. It will work with original disks.

2. It will NOT work with Rips

Any chance to work with ''rips to (protected / non decrypted) ISO''? (no high hopes, since if it would work it would be like a ''almost total cinavia defeat'').

Last edited:
OK, let's start bombarding :p

Let me get this straight: Are we talking about a ‘’total’’ Cinavia defeat? I suppose, not.

Is this a trick to ‘’fool’’ the software players in order to ‘’disable Cinavia detection’’ (even only with original discs)? Again, I suppose not.

So I suppose that:

Any chance to work with ''rips to (protected / non decrypted) ISO''? (no high hopes, since if it would work it would be like a ''almost total cinavia defeat'').
The simple way to do what James said would be for AnyDVD HD to essentially turn itself off if a known Cinavia player (updated TMT5/PDVD12, any TMT6, etc.) is launched. The known Cinavia triggers are (a) lack of AACS and (b) presence of Cinavia watermark, and we all know AnyDVD HD can't remove (b); making up AACS keys was the same dog-ate-my-homework solution that got the competition caught with its pants down. The only other solution is to present Cinavia players with the AACS keys from the original disc.

(Edit: The only way I can see it making protected ISOs readable despite Cinavia is if the ripper copies all aspects of the protection, including the BD-ROM Mark. The BD-ROM Mark can't be reproduced on BD-Rs or BD-REs, but in theory it could be reproduced by a virtual drive like VCD. But that's extreme enough that it could lead to players blacklisting VCD, as PDVD once did.)

Last edited:
So I suppose that:

:confused:
Cinavia won't trigger anyway with original discs.
Or do you mean "original discs with AnyDVD running in the background"?
In that case 1. and 2. are absolute identical things.

So I really don't understand what you mean.

... or to get rid of the annoying texts / clips on a disc, user prohibited operations, ....

If someone would be so kind to tell me, what exactly I have to buy to get a Nero player with Cinavia detection, I'll look into this player, too.

It's part of the Nero 12 Platinum software package. Towards the bottom of the page you will find the included applications.

http://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero12-platinum/applications-templates-and-themes.php

The simple way to do what James said would be for AnyDVD HD to essentially turn itself off if a known Cinavia player (updated TMT5/PDVD12, any TMT6, etc.) is launched.

Yes, but since James said that Region removal, speed menus etc will still work, AnyDVD HD should load (and then probably ‘’turn off before starting decrypting AACS’’) at some point. Or something like that.

So, I thought that maybe James found a loophole in the software players which could lead to tricking them in order also to disable cinavia detection.

But of course, this is highly improbable (especially for all players).

(Edit: The only way I can see it making protected ISOs readable despite Cinavia is if the ripper copies all aspects of the protection, including the BD-ROM Mark. The BD-ROM Mark can't be reproduced on BD-Rs or BD-REs, but in theory it could be reproduced by a virtual drive like VCD. But that's extreme enough that it could lead to players blacklisting VCD, as PDVD once did.)

Just for confirmation: A protected ISO is not readable by software players in any case (cinavia or not),without AnyDVD HD running (thus removing AACS) right?

My, probably silly, thought was that James may found a way to ‘’start and stop’’ AnyDVD HD (like mentioned above) in order to ‘’make the ISO readable for the necessary minimum amount of time’’ (needed for ‘’recognizing the iso / disc’’ but without providing AACS decryption - and using the original keys included in the ISO).

But I am sure I am talking silly - this whole matter always gives me a headache: P

PS If not reproducing the BD Mark is technical or a ‘’policy’’ matter (meaning if it is technically possible but not applied due to law issues etc) is an another, interesting, discussion.

Last edited:
:confused:
Cinavia won't trigger anyway with original discs.
Or do you mean "original discs with AnyDVD running in the background"?
In that case 1. and 2. are absolute identical things.

So I really don't understand what you mean.
Yes, I meant with ''AnyDVD running in the background'' of course

And yes, it is obviously the same the thing

Maybe I phrased it badly. ;)

My actual point / question was about case 3 (protected ISO).

WOA! No kidding? That's damn awesome!!

a solution as in anydvd feeds the video to TMT5 or something so it won't detect the cinavia? Can you elaborate a bit more?

The simple way to do what James said would be for AnyDVD HD to essentially turn itself off if a known Cinavia player (updated TMT5/PDVD12, any TMT6, etc.) is launched.

No, this would be .... lame. And all of AnyDVD's beautiful features (Region lock removal, skipping annoyances, ... ) wouldn't work with such a player.

AnyDVD will run as usual.

a solution as in anydvd feeds the video to TMT5 or something so it won't detect the cinavia? Can you elaborate a bit more?
And spoil the surprise? :D

Back