• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cheech and Chong: Still Smokin'

That does beg the question, where did that !ANY folder come from. Did the seller use AnyDVD to decrypt an original (old?) disc to make an image perhaps that's then burned "on-demand" to disc?

That does beg the question, where did that !ANY folder come from. Did the seller use AnyDVD to decrypt an original (old?) disc to make an image perhaps that's then burned "on-demand" to disc?
I have a theory. Paramount has released "Still Smokin'" as a regular Blu-ray in 2018. In 2021 they decided to re-issue the movie as an on-demand disc.
What is the easiest way to do this, if you have misplaced the original mastering info? Take the AACS encrypted retail BD-ROM and make a copy with AnyDVD because it works so well and use the iso as source. The "on-demand" manufacturing process adds Sony's "Blu-Lock" protection, and voila, you have your Blu-lock protected BD-R with ANY! directory and disc.inf.
Deleting AnyDVD's leftovers would have required an additional step and may have introduced unknown problems (copy to folder, delete stuff, fire up Imgburn, but maybe the meta data is incorrect...)
Funny, if you think about it... ;)

I have a theory. Paramount has released "Still Smokin'" as a regular Blu-ray in 2018. In 2021 they decided to re-issue the movie as an on-demand disc.
What is the easiest way to do this, if you have misplaced the original mastering info? Take the AACS encrypted retail BD-ROM and make a copy with AnyDVD because it works so well and use the iso as source. The "on-demand" manufacturing process adds Sony's "Blu-Lock" protection, and voila, you have your Blu-lock protected BD-R with ANY! directory and disc.inf.
Deleting AnyDVD's leftovers would have required an additional step and may have introduced unknown problems (copy to folder, delete stuff, fire up Imgburn, but maybe the meta data is incorrect...)
Funny, if you think about it... ;)
It'd be interesting if true, that the product the Entertainment industry worked hard to almost get rid of (and almost did in February 2016 with the downfall of Slysoft) is being used to create more of their products.

:ROFLMAO:

Lol the irony, if that's true. And then they still go after developers that create tools like AnyDVD :p

Lol the irony, if that's true. And then they still go after developers that create tools like AnyDVD :p
Just adding: they used to use DVDFab, too. Some DoDs had tell-tale signs (though not as obvious as ANY! and disc.inf).
So I assume, this isn't the first time, AnyDVD was used, either. Nice touch, though.

Or maybe they switched to AnyDVD just now, because they noticed, that it works better.

That is absolutely hysterical. I would never have guessed this would happen.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That is absolutely hysterical. I would never have guessed this would happen.
Oh, AnyDVD was used by ... "the industry" before. Some poor assistant needed to to copy parts from retail DVDs for use on set of parody (spoof) movies (like Scary Movie part ...), to watch the original scenes to get it "right". IIRC there was a support ticket a long, long time ago...

Back