• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cell

@fabrikator It didn't, if you'll read the messages people DESELECTED a certain title in the GUI. That specific title is the one anydvd 8042 choked on due to it being the protection and anydvd didn't know how to handle it. 8043 did and as such CloneDVD can process it without needing to untick titles. DVD protections are handled by anydvd versions, all cloneDVD can do is (de)select titles and shrink. It doesn't decrypt. So if AnyDVD doesn't properly support the disc then neither can CloneDVD without a workarround.

That's what unticking certain titles does, it's a WORKAROUND (the problem) until a new AnyDVD version has a full fix :)

OK Chev .. I believe I got it .. It was the bogus Title 45 on my disc messing up the Ripper ... so by unselecting it in CloneDVD, then AnyDVD "bypassed" it when decrypting thus allowing it to work OK. I just learned something very valuable about CloneDVD. Thanks again for more "schooling"

fab

@fabrikator It didn't, if you'll read the messages people DESELECTED a certain title in the GUI. That specific title is the one anydvd 8042 choked on due to it being the protection and anydvd didn't know how to handle it. 8043 did and as such CloneDVD can process it without needing to untick titles. DVD protections are handled by anydvd versions, all cloneDVD can do is (de)select titles and shrink. It doesn't decrypt. So if AnyDVD doesn't properly support the disc then neither can CloneDVD without a workarround.

That's what unticking certain titles does, it's a WORKAROUND (the problem) until a new AnyDVD version has a full fix :)

I got it now ... Thanks Chev for more schooling !! fab

And I did not mean to double post again ... sorry ... I am not used to multiple pages .. did not look to "Page 2 of 2" Won't happen again.
Now it's bedtime here in south/central USA Later !!

Last edited:
Yup, that's why CloneDVD is the perfect companion for anydvd. Anydvd can only rip 1:1, which means everything on the disc. If the disc isn't properly handled the protection means anydvd choke. With the deselecting there's a workaround until anydvd can correctly handle a disc. After all, not everyone owns a copy of CloneDVD and workarounds aren't full fixes.

Glad I could help!

Yup, that's why CloneDVD is the perfect companion for anydvd. Anydvd can only rip 1:1, which means everything on the disc. If the disc isn't properly handled the protection means anydvd choke. With the deselecting there's a workaround until anydvd can correctly handle a disc. After all, not everyone owns a copy of CloneDVD and workarounds aren't full fixes.

Glad I could help!

So much for bedtime here ... I wanted to say that I used AnyDVD/CloneDVD all the time a few years back, but ran into a lot of problems due to the decrypting & compressing happening at the same time on the fly. So I started using the Ripper then compressing with Shrink with never a problem. It was just too soon with this "CELL" DVD, but I have learned much about all these "fake titles" and Clone v2.9.3.3 does it well.

Schools out for summer

The new version of AnyDVD seems to work fine.
I'm attaching a logfile of the *new* scan in case it's somehow helpful going into the future....
And yes - under AnyDVD 8.0.4.3 the correct main movie title is 31.
The disk alone to PowerDVD (and Shrink) without AnyDVD running presents title 41 as correct.
-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_G_CELL.ziplog
    802.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back