• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CBR

EvilMonkey

I searched and did not find anything with that topic name.

At what point will it be possible for this software to access all of the CBR streams instead of the lower quality VBR?

Last edited:
NO, only if they are available in that, i downloaded something the other day from amazon and it was 10,000kb i was like wtf but that was the only one that has that high kb

I searched and did not find anything with that topic name.

At what point will it be possible for this software to access all of the CBR streams instead of the lower quality CBR?
Hi Evil Monkey:
I am not a developer but I know enough that this question has been asked before, the developers would have to answer this so I am not sure if it is possible or not. But just common sense tells me if it was available it would have been implemented already. I hope we are talking about the same thing here CBR Let me know. If we are, what paid provider would offer .cbr files?

Last edited:
Hi Evil Monkey:
I am not a developer but I know enough that this question has been asked before, the developers would have to answer this so I am not sure if it is possible or not. But just common sense tells me if it was available it would have been implemented already. I hope we are talking about the same thing here CBR (Comic Book Reader files. Let me know. If we are, what paid provider would offer .cbr files?

Im guessing he meant Constant Bitrate - CBR

The mods seemingly have absolutely no clue on how anything works or what CBR even means. It certainly doesn't mean 'Comic Book Reader' files....(my god!)

Try the settings in the link below (you will need to be amend it for each country and current url forms) and let me know how you get on.

My god, this is hard work with AS sometimes....

link removed- no links in the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Im guessing he meant Constant Bitrate - CBR

Yes that is correct but since I mentioned VBR, I figured they knew that CBR is constant bit rate. I know that CBR is available with nearly everything on Amazon but just not with anystream. I'm not sure what the challenge for the coders would be in order for them to force the software to always grab the CBR version because Amazon's encoding method for VBR is rather poor.

Yes that is correct but since I mentioned VBR, I figured they knew that CBR is constant bit rate. I know that CBR is available with nearly everything on Amazon but just not with anystream. I'm not sure what the challenge for the coders would be in order for them to force the software to always grab the CBR version because Amazon's encoding method for VBR is rather poor.
I knew that, but I thought you meant something different, this also has been brought up several times, its not available, I should say as of yet, maybe never, maybe in the future, I thought you meant something different sue me.

@LUT-FC I have been here for many years, on the other hand you just got here. Please don't post links.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the bit rate / resolution is tied to the machine / browser you are using. The services detect this and only allow to stream their shows according to the hardware / browser you use. Therefore AS just downloads the best resolution the provider sees on your machine. No way to influence CBR / VBR as this is a straight pass-through and no re-encoding.

I first did a search for the word CBR and nothing came up.

My understanding is that the bit rate / resolution is tied to the machine / browser you are using. The services detect this and only allow to stream their shows according to the hardware / browser you use. Therefore AS just downloads the best resolution the provider sees on your machine. No way to influence CBR / VBR as this is a straight pass-through and no re-encoding.

I'm not talking about re-encoding anything. I just know that Amazon has a CBR version and the VBR version. I'm running an Intel i7-11700 and 32 gigs of ddr4. So I don't think my machine would have any limitations as far as that goes. Anyway, I'll look forward to the software being upgraded to grab the constant bit rate videos.

I'm not talking about re-encoding anything. I just know that Amazon has a CBR version and the VBR version. I'm running an Intel i7-11700 and 32 gigs of ddr4. So I don't think my machine would have any limitations as far as that goes. Anyway, I'll look forward to the software being upgraded to grab the constant bit rate videos.
AS just does an emulation the provider sees. Your physical hardware doesn't matter.

I, too, know that CBR is available for every single video on Prime, but in their backroom because that how they want it delivered (preferably at 30Mbps for 1080p), doesn't mean that Amazon will store copies of CBR on its CDN (which they don't own and have to pay for) or stream that to the browsers. If you can get CBR from elsewhere, there are two plausible answers. One, someone's using a screen recorder (maybe even downscaling from 4K); two, someone who can get their hands on submitted materials transcodes it and seeds it... I could find no way to force a web browser, Prime App, or the applet on my UHD player to pull CBR from Prime, and boy did I try!

Why do you say Amazon's VBR is rather poor, what objective metric did you use, you didn't pause and stare at every frame (that's meant to be on screen for at most 1/(24000/1001) of a second)?

Maybe I'm dumb, if so, please tell me how to get my browser to stream CBR from Prime...

I, too, know that CBR is available for every single video on Prime, but in their backroom because that how they want it delivered (preferably at 30Mbps for 1080p), doesn't mean that Amazon will store copies of CBR on its CDN (which they don't own and have to pay for) or stream that to the browsers. If you can get CBR from elsewhere, there are two plausible answers. One, someone's using a screen recorder (maybe even downscaling from 4K); two, someone who can get their hands on submitted materials transcodes it and seeds it... I could find no way to force a web browser, Prime App, or the applet on my UHD player to pull CBR from Prime, and boy did I try!

Why do you say Amazon's VBR is rather poor, what objective metric did you use, you didn't pause and stare at every frame (that's meant to be on screen for at most 1/(24000/1001) of a second)?

Maybe I'm dumb, if so, please tell me how to get my browser to stream CBR from Prime...

AMZ store CBR for everything as far as I know. It's nothing to do with screen recording or any of the sort. Certain devices or browsers get CBR and others get VBR - 9 times out of 10 CBR on AMZ is superior to their VBR streams. But if you get CBR you don't get Dolby Digital Audio but AS can easily implement the video stream from the CBR manifest paired with the VBR manifest to get the audio stream. It's as simple as mixing two different mpd files (they can get them both served using what they're using).

In regards to why AMZ VBR is so poor, it's a matter of fact that they changed their encoding settings about 2-3 years ago on the VBR streams and they no longer look as good as the available CBR streams.

I mistakenly linked to an image hosting website earlier so my apologies. But if you use Fiddler and change the settings similar as per the attached image you should get the CBR stream (you will need to turn this on and off so you can get the CBR video and then the DDP audio from the VBR manifest)

EDIT: Because 0x0x0x0x0 is such a prick I've removed the relevant tweaks to get the CBR manifest.

Last edited:
AMZ store CBR for everything as far as I know. It's nothing to do with screen recording or any of the sort. Certain devices or browsers get CBR and others get VBR - 9 times out of 10 CBR on AMZ is superior to their VBR streams. But if you get CBR you don't get Dolby Digital Audio but AS can easily implement the video stream from the CBR manifest paired with the VBR manifest to get the audio stream. It's as simple as mixing two different mpd files (they can get them both served using what they're using).

In regards to why AMZ VBR is so poor, it's a matter of fact that they changed their encoding settings about 2-3 years ago on the VBR streams and they no longer look as good as the available CBR streams.

I mistakenly linked to an image hosting website earlier so my apologies. But if you use Fiddler and change the settings similar as per the attached image you should get the CBR stream (you will need to turn this on and off so you can get the CBR video and then the DDP audio from the VBR manifest)

I have no idea what the picture is of, how do I get my web browser to get CBR?

I have no idea what the picture is of, how do I get my web browser to get CBR?

You need Fiddler Auto Responder or something like Requestly... As standard your web browser will request VBR, so with the tweaks I sent above, as you're sending your request to AMZ, it will modify it to request CBR instead of VBR.

Like I said, if you request CBR you will NOT get the best audio so bear that in mind

Instead of us messing about, can you not download a VBR manifest and a corresponding CBR manifest and show the better bitrate in the latter?

Back