Can't rip blu-ray disc

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by banders100, Sep 13, 2007.

1. banders100

banders100 Guest

I have a blu-ray disc that I created, but anydvdHD can not rip ANY blu-ray disc that is inserted in blu-ray drive. I also can not see folders on blu-ray disc. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why it will sometime work and sometimes not. I can however play the disc using powerdvd.

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Sounds like you're having UDF problems on your machine. Try using the AnyDVD Ripper function to rip it to the hard drive.

3. banders100

banders100 Guest

I was trying to rip to hard drive and bassicaly, ANYDVDHD is doing nothing!
    I am getting an error when I put a disc in my drive that reads :error processing blu-ray disc.
    media is AACS protected. I created the disc, so I know it's not protected.

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

What did you use to create the disc?

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I don't even try to answer promblems, before seeing at least the AnyDVD status window...

6. banders100

banders100 Guest

Aacs

I guess I was wrong. The disc did have AACS protection, but isn't AndyDVD supposed to access the disc anyway? I installed Nero Incd and am now able to view the contents of the disc. Again, Anydvd is supposed to come with a udf reader, so I don't know why it still does not accept the AACS disc. I keep getting an error in the status window that reads: error processing blu-ray disc!
    Media is AACS protected!

7. banders100

banders100 Guest

Encore

I used Encore to author the disc.

8. SamuriHL

You REALLY need to post the AnyDVD status window...

9. banders100

banders100 Guest

Encore

I guess Adobe has found a portection system that AnyDVD can't crack!

10. banders100

banders100 Guest

Status window

And exactly how would you post a status window? I gave you all of the info that is pertinent to the situation.

11. SamuriHL

You open AnyDVD, click on status on the left, highlight all the text in the status window, right click, select copy, and then paste it into a post here. And no, that's not all the relevant information. Trust me. James wouldn't have asked for the status window if he had enough information.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  12. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Encore doesn't put on AACS, so I suspect there's something wrong with the disc, none of my discs written in Encore CS3 have any problems with AnydvdHD, and all state 'Media is not AACS Protected'. Also if they are discs you've made yourself I don't quite see why you'd need Anydvd HD running to watch them

13. banders100

banders100 Guest

Status window reads:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
    SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0A JLY03 ,2006RC3D
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)
    Video Blu-Ray label: BDROM
    Media is AACS protected!
    ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

14. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

looking at the drive I'd recommend updating the firmware, it should be on 1.0E now, 1.0a was awful, and only came with the very first release of the drives, by the time I got round to buying mine they were on 1.0c back in Feb I think

http://sony.storagesupport.com/blu-ray/bwu-100a.htm

It may very well be that the drive doesn't read back the discs properly. Encore does not add AACS, only authoring houses can add that in when you get them mass produced

15. banders100

banders100 Guest

ANYDVD Can't rip encored DVD's

I just got an email from support stating that ANYDVD can only rip commercial DVD's. This is great news for me as the content I create can not be rippid, so my copy protection at least for now is better than that of hollywoods. ANYDVD is not capable of ripping my discs.

16. banders100

banders100 Guest

Firmware

Thanks for the firmware link!

17. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Encore does not put on AACS encryption, so anyone can make a disc to disc copy of your discs. The discs it creates are not even officially accepted by replication houses at the moment. I suspect that something went wrong when writing the disc and it's just being read back wrong

18. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Does the disc contain an AACS directory?
    Does the disc contain a BDAV directory?
    Does the disc contain a BDMV directory?

19. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

I was a beta tester for encore, It makes BDMV with standard dvd menu's and no AACS encryption. It has no options to allow you to put it on, and Creates a BDMV and a Certificate folder

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007