• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip blu-ray disc

B

banders100

I have a blu-ray disc that I created, but anydvdHD can not rip ANY blu-ray disc that is inserted in blu-ray drive. I also can not see folders on blu-ray disc. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why it will sometime work and sometimes not. I can however play the disc using powerdvd.

Sounds like you're having UDF problems on your machine. Try using the AnyDVD Ripper function to rip it to the hard drive.

I was trying to rip to hard drive and bassicaly, ANYDVDHD is doing nothing!
I am getting an error when I put a disc in my drive that reads :error processing blu-ray disc.
media is AACS protected. I created the disc, so I know it's not protected.

I don't even try to answer promblems, before seeing at least the AnyDVD status window...

Aacs

I guess I was wrong. The disc did have AACS protection, but isn't AndyDVD supposed to access the disc anyway? I installed Nero Incd and am now able to view the contents of the disc. Again, Anydvd is supposed to come with a udf reader, so I don't know why it still does not accept the AACS disc. I keep getting an error in the status window that reads: error processing blu-ray disc!
Media is AACS protected!

Encore

I guess Adobe has found a portection system that AnyDVD can't crack!

Status window

And exactly how would you post a status window? I gave you all of the info that is pertinent to the situation.

You open AnyDVD, click on status on the left, highlight all the text in the status window, right click, select copy, and then paste it into a post here. And no, that's not all the relevant information. Trust me. James wouldn't have asked for the status window if he had enough information.

Last edited:
Encore doesn't put on AACS, so I suspect there's something wrong with the disc, none of my discs written in Encore CS3 have any problems with AnydvdHD, and all state 'Media is not AACS Protected'. Also if they are discs you've made yourself I don't quite see why you'd need Anydvd HD running to watch them

Status window reads:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0A JLY03 ,2006RC3D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: BDROM
Media is AACS protected!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

looking at the drive I'd recommend updating the firmware, it should be on 1.0E now, 1.0a was awful, and only came with the very first release of the drives, by the time I got round to buying mine they were on 1.0c back in Feb I think

http://sony.storagesupport.com/blu-ray/bwu-100a.htm

It may very well be that the drive doesn't read back the discs properly. Encore does not add AACS, only authoring houses can add that in when you get them mass produced

ANYDVD Can't rip encored DVD's

I just got an email from support stating that ANYDVD can only rip commercial DVD's. This is great news for me as the content I create can not be rippid, so my copy protection at least for now is better than that of hollywoods. ANYDVD is not capable of ripping my discs.

I just got an email from support stating that ANYDVD can only rip commercial DVD's. This is great news for me as the content I create can not be rippid, so my copy protection at least for now is better than that of hollywoods. ANYDVD is not capable of ripping my discs.

Encore does not put on AACS encryption, so anyone can make a disc to disc copy of your discs. The discs it creates are not even officially accepted by replication houses at the moment. I suspect that something went wrong when writing the disc and it's just being read back wrong

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0A JLY03 ,2006RC3D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: BDROM
Media is AACS protected!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Does the disc contain an AACS directory?
Does the disc contain a BDAV directory?
Does the disc contain a BDMV directory?

I was a beta tester for encore, It makes BDMV with standard dvd menu's and no AACS encryption. It has no options to allow you to put it on, and Creates a BDMV and a Certificate folder

Last edited:
Back