• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get rid of English Descriptive on backups from CloneBD

blizzard2014

I have a problem with the audio stream. I was backing up both American Sniper and Jupiter Ascendant. The preview showed there were 2 audio files, Tru-HD and AC3. When i play them on my Samsung PC via PowerDVD, they work. When I play them through my SonyBP-1500 3D BluRay player which has the newest update, I get English descriptive or nothing. If I only select the Tru-HD file in preview which extracts an AC3 file, then with the with Sony I get an AC3 file that is quiet, no sound. If I only select the AC3 file in preview it gives me English with the descriptive for the blind. When I uncheck the subtitle for English and again ony check the AC3, the preview plays without descriptive, but when I process the disc and put the backup it in my Sony player it again only has the desriptive version. I am using the latest CloneBD version and compressing down for a 25 GB disc. I saw one post that said the compression might be affecting audio tracks. Would buying and using 50GB discs fix the problem? Funny thing is when I tried the trial version and backed up the SpongBob movie, it worked fine. I don't know if there was a descriptive file for a cartoon or not, but it worked. Then i bought the lifetime key and this happened. I am using ANYDVDHD with CloneBD. I never had this problem with CloneDVD. On my Sony, the pop up menu that lets you pick audio language and English with/without Descriptive is non functional. I can't choose anything. Do I need to check "Preseve the Original menu"? Thanks

I have a problem with the audio stream. I was backing up both American Sniper and Jupiter Ascendant. The preview showed there were 2 audio files, Tru-HD and AC3. When i play them on my Samsung PC via PowerDVD, they work. When I play them through my SonyBP-1500 3D BluRay player which has the newest update, I get English descriptive or nothing. If I only select the Tru-HD file in preview which extracts an AC3 file, then with the with Sony I get an AC3 file that is quiet, no sound. If I only select the AC3 file in preview it gives me English with the descriptive for the blind. When I uncheck the subtitle for English and again ony check the AC3, the preview plays without descriptive, but when I process the disc and put the backup it in my Sony player it again only has the desriptive version. I am using the latest CloneBD version and compressing down for a 25 GB disc. I saw one post that said the compression might be affecting audio tracks. Would buying and using 50GB discs fix the problem? Funny thing is when I tried the trial version and backed up the SpongBob movie, it worked fine. I don't know if there was a descriptive file for a cartoon or not, but it worked. Then i bought the lifetime key and this happened. I am using ANYDVDHD with CloneBD. I never had this problem with CloneDVD. On my Sony, the pop up menu that lets you pick audio language and English with/without Descriptive is non functional. I can't choose anything. Do I need to check "Preseve the Original menu"? Thanks

If I was you, I'd send them from your movie both the AnyDVD HD log and the CloneBD log as well.

Right now I'm having a issue with CloneBD not having audio on my backups made with the software, so what I did was to send in all the info to elby just so they take a look at my situation.

You probably need to do the same like I did just so they can see what the issue is with your system.

Good luck.

Unless you want the descriptive audio then you should drop the AC3 track as that is the descriptive audio track. As to the audio coming out blank I suspect it's down to the Atmos audio used on both films.

I just made a Movie only backup of Jupiter Ascending and told CloneBD to convert the HD audio to AC3 and it seems to play back fine in PowerDVD 14. I haven't tried putting it onto a disc and playing back in a settop player though

Last edited:
Just tried again. Checked English, Spanish and French. Set both TruHD and AC3 options checked. Unchecked all subtitles. This time I checked the box to keep the Menu. When it plays, English is silent, English DD5.1 has desrcipive audio. Spanish and french DD5.1 also have descriptive audio in those languages. Any ideas?

Unless you want the descriptive audio then you should drop the AC3 track as that is the descriptive audio track. As to the audio coming out blank I suspect it's down to the Atmos audio used on both films.

I just made a Movie only backup of Jupiter Ascending and told CloneBD to convert the HD audio to AC3 and it seems to play back fine in PowerDVD 14. I haven't tried putting it onto a disc and playing back in a settop player though

I tried unchecking the AC3 and only checking the TruHD. I had no sound at all.

I haven't tried checking the box to convert HD to AC3 yet. Will try next. They all seem to work in PowerDVD8. It is on my Sony 3D Bluray plyer that I am having problems.

I have the US version of this film and only get descriptive audio on the English AC3 track. The other AC3 tracks are just the standard audio but in those languages. As I said, the English AC3 track is descriptive you can hear that by playing it back in CloneBD. Just having it ticked in CloneBD doesn't make it the track that is played. There's a tick to the left for tracks you want to keep and then a speaker icon to the right of the track that is actually playing. If you click on the track you want to hear the speaker icon should then move to that track.

Last edited:
I have the US version of this film and only get descriptive audio on the English AC3 track. The other AC3 tracks are just the standard audio but in those languages. As I said, the English AC3 track is descriptive you can hear that by playing it back in CloneBD. Just having it ticked in CloneBD doesn't make it the track that is played. There's a tick to the left for tracks you want to keep and then a speaker icon to the right of the track that is actually playing. If you click on the track you want to hear the speaker icon should then move to that track.

Hi, I tried that also. The AC3 is the descriptive. The TruHD is supposed to have the plain English, but I get nothing when in a bluray player. When i am previewing both TruHD and AC3, the TruHD is intermittent and keeps cutting out. The AC3 gets caught in a sound loop like a record skipping.

When you say 'previewing', do you mean in CloneBD? I don't have any issues previewing the TrueHD or AC3 in CloneBD.

When you say 'previewing', do you mean in CloneBD? I don't have any issues previewing the TrueHD or AC3 in CloneBD.

Yes, when previewing in Clone BD to see which track gives me which audio.

I had the same issue awhile back while beta testing and it was my Bluray Software viewing program, I used a different one and it went away.

Sadly that's the exact opposite of what's going on here. On the OP he states that in his software player everything works fine, but in his standalone player he's getting the descriptive audio.

Sadly that's the exact opposite of what's going on here. On the OP he states that in his software player everything works fine, but in his standalone player he's getting the descriptive audio.

I don't understand why this happens. When i try the track from the TRUHD, nothing plays, only the AC3 track with descriptive. The foreign language tracks are also desriptive. It is being played in a Sony BP-1500 3D BluRay player that I updated the firmware on. It goes into a Sony STR-DN850 Surround Sound system via the HDMI jack.

Ah, I understand now, thanks Ch3vron. :bowdown:

@blizzard2014: that you connected the standalone to an external receiver is need info you didn't mention until now. What happens if you connect the standalone directly to the TV as most users do. Do the audio tracks work correctly then?

If they do, it's not a problem with your standalone but with your surround system that can't process the audio streams correctly and as such defaults to the first stream it can decode (descriptive) or no sound at all and you'll need configure your surround so it can and read the manual to know which streams it can play.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Do the original discs playback fine with your Sony BD player?
Will prove if your setup does have an issue or not (it shouldn't as your equipment is compatible with those formats)

Might be worth getting a BD-RE DL disc and testing without any CloneBD processing (AnyDVD/ImgBurn)

As Adbear said it could be the Atmos track causing an issue in CloneBD.
Can anyone confirm that CloneBD does handle discs with Atmos when keeping original audio? (I haven't tried any Atmos discs in CloneBD yet)

@ddjmagic:

He already said they didn't play properly in his standalone. (Though when he brought up his surround I'm pretty sure that's the problem not his standalone)

Why bring atmos into this. Dolby Atmos and TruHD (which is the track he has a problem with) are 2 totally different sound tracks and technologies. Atmos is irrelevant here, and AFAIK atmos isn't handled yet by CloneBD. Adbear said nothing about atmos.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Hi again. I hooked my BluRay player directly to the TV, but no change. I also tried it on a friend's bluray player. Same thing. No matter what i do, I can't get the TruHD stream to burn onto the discs. I have tried this title about 6 times now with different settings checked. All the same. I tried American Sniper as well and had the exact same results. Is it possible that compressing it down to a 25gb disc is causing a problem. I saw a post somewhere that Atmos takes a lot to process, and might not work with the compression. Thanks again for your help.

@ddjmagic:

He already said they didn't play properly in his standalone. (Though when he brought up his surround I'm pretty sure that's the problem not his standalone)

Why bring atmos into this. Dolby Atmos and TruHD (which is the track he has a problem with) are 2 totally different sound tracks and technologies. Atmos is irrelevant here, and AFAIK atmos isn't handled yet by CloneBD. Adbear said nothing about atmos.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Actually I did say it could be the Atmos (I mention it in my first post in this thread). Atmos is built into the TrueHD track on both of these films which is what I suspect is causing the problem.
Dolby Atmos audio tracks (both Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus) are backward compatible. If you play a movie mixed in Dolby Atmos on a non-Dolby Atmos system, you’ll hear traditional 5.1 or 7.1 audio, depending on the type of system you have. This means content providers don’t need to maintain separate Dolby Atmos and non-Dolby Atmos mixes
The way I got round it was to get CloneBD to convert the HD audio track to AC3 rather than keep the HD Audio

The Op needs to untick the English AC3 track as that is purely descriptive audio, so if he doesn't want to ever hear a descriptive audio track then he needs to remove that track completely

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that CloneBD does handle discs with Atmos when keeping original audio? (I haven't tried any Atmos discs in CloneBD yet)

I have now myself tried American Sniper in CloneBD - movie only, compressed to BD-R SL keeping only the TrueHD track.
I experienced the same issues as the OP - It does not have any sound when played back on my standalone players. Works on my PC, but audio drops in and out and not shown as TrueHD (shows as DD+)

A non compressed version works fine on the standalone and PC and plays in TrueHD as expected (I don't have Atmos equipment)

I decided to try a standard TrueHD disc (Dark Knight) with the same settings (to see if Atmos was the issue) and strangely the same thing happened, the compressed copy did not keep the TrueHD track correctly and resulted in no sound on the standalone, uncompressed worked fine again.

So it may not actually be Atmos causing an issue, it could just be TrueHD that CloneBD has a problem with when compressing (but keeping TrueHD intact). For some reason it tries to output/convert to DD+ :confused:
DTS-HD MA discs are fine for me with the same settings.

I'm trying another standard TrueHD disc right now to see if it was just a one off (takes a couple of hours to compress/burn on my setup)

Anybody else able to reproduce this with a standard TrueHD disc?

Note: Both my playback PC and Standalone go through a AV receiver (set to Bitstreaming)

Back