• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't explore Blu-ray in Windows UDF 2.5?

hammerdown

I thought AnyDVD HD comes with udf 2.5 support/driver? Shouldn't I be able to use windows explorer to see the files on a blu-ray disc? Please don't suggest I rip the movie. This question has nothing to do with the ability to rip, only asking about direct access to the disc in windows.

Well it does in a way I thought as well.
New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper no longer uses the Windows filesystem, it
has now its own UDF parser / reader.
Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with the
AnyDVD ripper.

Also assuming you have vista along with a Blu-Ray Drive too. If I remember right it doesn't rely on the UDF in vista.

1.gif

6.gif

7.gif

Yes, I'm running XP. This statement on the website is a bit misleading (if taken out of context)-
"Provides its own Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader, no need to install 3rd party filesystem..."

Why not make it a fully functional udf 2.5 driver (for XP)? Feature request???

Yes, I'm running XP. This statement on the website is a bit misleading (if taken out of context)-
"Provides its own Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader, no need to install 3rd party filesystem"

That just means Anydvd provides its own reader (Anydvd ripper). Nowhere does the site state that Anydvd provides Windows with its own UDF 2.5 filesystem.

Why not make it a fully functional udf 2.5 driver (for XP)? Feature request???

James or peer would have to address that request (not me; I don't work for Slysoft). I suspect James will tell you to download third party drivers (possibly from Toshiba).

He will. ;)
And the Toshiba driver works very well.

Safe for any model blu-ray drive?
Does not interfere with everyday blu-ray movie playback software?
Ability to uninstall just in case....?

Safe for any model blu-ray drive?
Does not interfere with everyday blu-ray movie playback software?
Ability to uninstall just in case....?
Sure, no, and uninstall... no, never tried.

Sure, no, and uninstall... no, never tried.

Just tried uninstall, works fine. But you need to start uninstall manually. Cut & paste this in the "run" dialog:
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.Exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\SetupAPI.Dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall.NTx86 4 C:\WINDOWS\INF\thdudf.Inf

Just tried uninstall, works fine. But you need to start uninstall manually. Cut & paste this in the "run" dialog:
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.Exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\SetupAPI.Dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall.NTx86 4 C:\WINDOWS\INF\thdudf.Inf

Or add the attached registry entry, and you can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs.

Attachments

• ToshUDFuninstall.zip
    333 bytes · Views: 136

There is an easy way to "trick" installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs, so it may be "safer" to download it from Toshiba support website:

1.) Unpack it.
2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.

There is an easy way to "trick" installation of the Toshiba UDF2.5 driver on non Toshiba PCs, so it may be "safer" to download it from Toshiba support website:

1.) Unpack it.
2.) Start setup.

It will tell you, that you cannot install it on your non-Toshiba PC.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS MESSAGE BOX.

Navigate to your temp directory with explorer. You'll find a directory named like this: {1347D5A6-4FE0-476A-B85F-D0FC91F55EB0}

Enter it. You'll find two files:
thdudf.inf and thdudf.sys

Right click thdudf.inf, select "Install".

Wait a while. Close the Message Box. Reboot.

Not working for me. I get the error about non-Toshiba PC and search my hard drive for those files and get nothing.

Can anyone just zip pm me a zip of that temp directory or just the inf & sys... please.

Did you try looking in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Temp?

Back