• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Can't download The Bad Batch or X-Men 97..

Dominick_7

Hi for some reason I not only can't download them but when I click on the episode it says it couldn't retrieve playlist, may require payment.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    922.3 KB · Views: 3
If I had to guess ... those episodes are recently released.
Log out of D+, restart AnyStream, login to D+ again.
If that does not work, give it some days

I can download the newest episodes just fine, btw.

If I had to guess ... those episodes are recently released.
Log out of D+, restart AnyStream, login to D+ again.
If that does not work, give it some days

I can download the newest episodes just fine, btw.
dd as you suggested still doesn't work. Yea figure need to wait. Gonna try that cache powershell remedy too/

Make sure your region settings are accurate
The only options for region comes up for Netflix which is set to united states hevc. The rest are checked as well but settings are greyed out unless I use a proxy.

As you can see above they work just fine. Turn off any VPN you may be running in the wrong region.

What, these are Disney downloads, and there is no setting for HEVC Netflix.
Is just preferred though right? It's always worked with that selected, it just defaults to the highest setting which is usually 1080p or 900x700 something. Weird it downloaded the most recent Bad Batch. Now it won't.. What setting would you recommend for the codec? I prefer whatever the highest one, it's nice when it just selectes whatever is the highest.

Edit: I'm mistaken it didn't download the latest bad batch it was 4 episodes before this one. This hasn't happened for me in a while.

Last edited:
Is just preferred though right? It's always worked with that selected, it just defaults to the highest setting which is usually 1080p or 900x700 something. Weird it downloaded the most recent Bad Batch. Now it won't.. What setting would you recommend for the codec? I prefer whatever the highest one, it's nice when it just selectes whatever is the highest.
I have no idea what you are talking about. You cannot change the codec on Disney or Netflix or anything but Hulu Max or Amazon. Your issue is with Disney+, you cannot change the codec. Disney's highest resolution is 720p. Use that. It works as you can see in my screenshots.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You cannot change the codec on Disney or Netflix or anything but Hulu Max or Amazon. Your issue is with Disney+, you cannot change the codec. Disney's highest resolution is 720p. Use that. It works as you can see in my screenshots.
Not sure why my response is in bold. Huh? Hmm. You mentioned the region settings, in there I'm talking about the drop down box where you can choose the codec. We you can see in the screenshot, all are checked but only Amazon Prime (correction) allows me to select the HEVC codec. I've always had it set to hevc whenever that option was made available. It's also worked the entire time till now. Ask the other streaming services seen to work ok. The other options are AVC CBR and AVC CVBR. which of those 2 should it be on? Or does it matter since the only one I can adjust is for Amazon prime?

Attachments

• AnyStream codecs 3 31 24.png
    AnyStream codecs 3 31 24.png
    787.3 KB · Views: 9
  • AnyStream Screenshot codec 2.png
    AnyStream Screenshot codec 2.png
    789.2 KB · Views: 9
The region settings in your screenshot are for Amazon and Amazon only. The codec settings are for Amazon and Amazon only.

The region settings in your screenshot are for Amazon and Amazon only. The codec settings are for Amazon and Amazon only.
Ok seems so, so then why would they effect Disney plus? Unless there's some other issue going on?

I cant answer that but it could have something to do with your VPN. Just guessing. I can download them just fine. I cannot reproduce your issues.

I cant answer that but it could have something to do with your VPN. Just guessing. I can download them just fine. I cannot reproduce your issues.
Cant even get on Disney+ if my vpn is on. Hmm.. I tried rebooting without a vpn and it still does it.. weird..

For the next steps please leave your VPN off:
Uninstall AnyStream
Look for any leftover folders at
Code:
%programfiles%\RedFox
%programdata%\RedFox
%localappdata%\RedFox
and remove those
Reboot
Install the most recent version of AnyStream
Try again

VPN connections mess around with many network settings.
AnyStream needs to work with those also but, as you can see, it doesn't always work.
That's why VPNs aren't supported with AnyStream

Back