• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

can't download new version of ANY DVD

bliznyansky

hi--we keep getting the following error message when trying to download Any DVD from the Redfox website:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on? Thanks!

You anti-virus (or Firefox) is screwing up is all.
-W

clams--i can't agree. Avast antivirus has been rock solid reliable for me for years. as for the browser being the problem, a comparable inability to download the latest version of Any DVD occurs with Chrome as well.

It's not FireFox. Disable Avast 'shields' temporarily & it will allow the download. You should also report the false positive to Avast. Ran into this this morning.

Actually I don't think it's the av this time. I remember reading something a few days ago that 'let's encrypt' had some hardware problems that would affect certificates. And let's encrypt is what RedFox uses.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The procedure I describe allows the download. When Avast is disabled, the download worked just now. Avast reports the detection as 'URL:Mal' when blocking. It appears they are detecting the URL only, without consideration to how it resolves. Once downloaded, it scans clean.

The procedure I describe allows the download. When Avast is disabled, the download worked just now. Avast reports the detection as 'URL:Mal' when blocking. It appears they are detecting the URL only, without consideration to how it resolves. Once downloaded, it scans clean.

Exactly......... :)
Avast still thinks it's last week - when a malicious party hijacked that URL for an hour or three.
-W
PS: Get rid of 3rd party anti-virus - Windows Defender now rules them all.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/8140-secure-connection-failed.72810/#post-467509

Last edited:
hi--we keep getting the following error message when trying to download Any DVD from the Redfox website:

Secure Connection Failed

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Learn more…

Please try to ping redfox.bz in a Windows command prompt:
Code:
ping www.redfox.bz
It should resolve to 93.190.142.127

Next, please check the website certificate in browser while on redfox.bz. In Firefox, enter CTRL-I, Security, View Certificate and check the "Expires On" date.

If both is okay, it's most likely a "false positive" by Avast (after our DNS got hi-jacked last week for a several hours and malware was served on a malicious server somewhere in GB).

edit: corrected TLD

Last edited:

Secure Connection Failed

Learn more…

It is not our
antivirus. I have the same issue. redfox told me I was the only one person with this issue. I can't view any redfox.bz site.

It is not our
antivirus. I have the same issue. redfox told me I was the only one person with this issue. I can't view any redfox.bz site.

Please try to ping (howto ping) to www.redfox.bz

It should return the IPv4 address 93.190.142.127 (or, if you are connected with IPV6 2a00:7c80:0:71::8).

If you get a different address, you should reset your router and flush DNS of your Windows PC (howto flush DNS) and check again with ping

It is not our
I see you are able to view this site and this is a RedFox.bz site. Try Ivans advice to you.

Back