• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Cannot download shows with anystream using screan reading software

Hello there
I really do not know if this is the right place to post this, however, for me this is a huge problem, at least.

Being a blind PC user, I am relying on screenreading software to navigate software, the web, and my computer in general. This means that I am relying on the keyboard and cannot click or drag items using the mouse. I am a happy owner of your other products like any DVD, which work flawlessly for ripping using my screen reader. When I heard of Anystream, I was thrilled of the oppotunity to download my favorite shows to my pc, mostly because your software seamed to let me get the audio described version of a show (an alternative audio option for us who cannot see the screen). Most of the shows I am after I have purchased physical coppies of on BD, shows like Jessica Jones, Daredevil etc. However, on most of these releases the companies are failing to put the AD audio track on the release, and if they do, they only put a 2.0 track on there, even if a great 5.1 track with description do excist!
I have tried to get there attention on this matter but they dont seem to care. So, my only option to get the AD tracks into my collection would be to use your programme for that.
I therefor downloaded the trial version, but soon found out that for some reason it is not quite accessible for users with screen readers. I can set up the programme without any issues, and I am also able to log into my Netflix account and see my profile and the search bar. However, from there I cannot seem to do anything else using the keyboard at all. I am not able to brows for show, nor to see whare I am supposed to start a download, which is quite annoying.
As my trial has long expired, I am not even able to tell if you have addressed such an issue in future upgrades (I tried at the beginning of march).
My question is now, could you please try to do something to make the programme more accessible to screenreader users? I'll be more than happy to take the programme for a special test drive if you do want to try to do something about this, as I am very kean on the oppotunity to download all of these shows with audio description.

All the best from Allan

Hello there
I really do not know if this is the right place to post this, however, for me this is a huge problem, at least.

Being a blind PC user, I am relying on screenreading software to navigate software, the web, and my computer in general. This means that I am relying on the keyboard and cannot click or drag items using the mouse. I am a happy owner of your other products like any DVD, which work flawlessly for ripping using my screen reader. When I heard of Anystream, I was thrilled of the oppotunity to download my favorite shows to my pc, mostly because your software seamed to let me get the audio described version of a show (an alternative audio option for us who cannot see the screen). Most of the shows I am after I have purchased physical coppies of on BD, shows like Jessica Jones, Daredevil etc. However, on most of these releases the companies are failing to put the AD audio track on the release, and if they do, they only put a 2.0 track on there, even if a great 5.1 track with description do excist!
I have tried to get there attention on this matter but they dont seem to care. So, my only option to get the AD tracks into my collection would be to use your programme for that.
I therefor downloaded the trial version, but soon found out that for some reason it is not quite accessible for users with screen readers. I can set up the programme without any issues, and I am also able to log into my Netflix account and see my profile and the search bar. However, from there I cannot seem to do anything else using the keyboard at all. I am not able to brows for show, nor to see whare I am supposed to start a download, which is quite annoying.
As my trial has long expired, I am not even able to tell if you have addressed such an issue in future upgrades (I tried at the beginning of march).
My question is now, could you please try to do something to make the programme more accessible to screenreader users? I'll be more than happy to take the programme for a special test drive if you do want to try to do something about this, as I am very kean on the oppotunity to download all of these shows with audio description.

All the best from Allan
Hello there

All the best from Allan
I am pretty sure you hit the nail on the head, many of these movies and Shows do not have commentators audio track that you need on them, so let’s let the developers see what your issue is. Sorry If I do not understand your issue correctly. The Anystream program just downloads whats on the screen, some of the other programs like AnyStream record the video on the screen. This does not do that. Sorry if I misunderstood your issue.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure you hit the nail on the head, many of these movies and Shows do not have commentators audio track that you need on them, so let’s let the developers see what your issue is. Sorry If I do not understand your issue correctly. The Anystream program just downloads whats on the screen, some of the other programs like AnyStream record the video on the screen. This does not do that. Sorry if I misunderstood your issue.

The problem isn’t what gets downloaded, but the UI of anystream. The UI can’t be navigated fully using the keyboard, which is the primary, and in most cases only, way to use a computer when you’re blind. I can confirm what OP is saying. 99 percent of the UI isn’t keyboard or screen reader accessible, only the setup and login screen, and (in some cases) the search field.

The problem isn’t what gets downloaded, but the UI of anystream. The UI can’t be navigated fully using the keyboard, which is the primary, and in most cases only, way to use a computer when you’re blind. I can confirm what OP is saying. 99 percent of the UI isn’t keyboard or screen reader accessible, only the setup and login screen, and (in some cases) the search field.
That is probably why no one has adapted that python automatic key strokes app, to do automatic downloads for TV series.

That is probably why no one has adapted that python automatic key strokes app, to do automatic downloads for TV series.

Maybe, but I don’t really see how that’s relevant to this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello there

Sorry for not replying earlier, I wasnt notified of any replies to this thred for some reason.

Well, you hit the nail on the head there. The problem is indeed the UI of Anystream, and like you said, when you are blind, using the keyboard is the only way of accessing a computer.
As stated earlier, Netflix and Disney have tuns of shows with audio description for blind people, shows I'd hapily buy on fysical media, however whenever I do, the track is not pored over on the disks unfortunatlly. That is why I'd love to access the anystream programe if at all possible.

All the best from Allan

Hello again

I am bumping this thread in order to once again request to the creaters of anystream that my issue posted some time ago could be addressed in a coming update. I have just tried out anystream once again in order to see if the UI had become more accessible over time, but it actually seems to have gotten even worse. The last time I tried out anystream, I could locate some log in and search buttons, however now these dont appear to me either, which is very very frustrating!
As stated previously I am a blind user who rely on the keyboard to navigate the interface in conjunction with screen reading software.
I'd like to download various shows that have audio description for my own private use, shows that will soon be taken down and are not accessible with audio description anywhare else.
Just to pick an example, in about 14 days, netflix will pull all of there Marvil shows from there platform and they'll then only be availible on Disney+. This wouldn't be a big deal for most people, because then you can just wach it on there, right? But no, unfortunatlly, concerning audio description, Disney has not got the same great standard as Netflix does, because even if the tracks will be pulled over, they'll only be in boring 2.0, whare Netflix provides the tracks in glorious 5.1 sound.

Had I been able to use your product, I would have grabbed the tracks for my own personal enjoyment, however, as stated, this is still not possible due to the lack of UI keyboard navigation options.
I really wish that the creaters would try to make this otherwise great product more accessible, and I'd be only to happy to take it for a testdrive, if accessibility could be implimented.
Your other products like any DVD clone DVD works fine with keyboards, and screen readers, so why not this product also?

All the best from Allan

Unfortunately, the app is inaccessible with both NVDA and Narrator for keyboard only use.
The hackiest way to get around this is:
- Use Narrator
- Set up AnyStream and your account
- Search for the content you want and press enter. The Search box is accessible.
- Use your mouse pointer and start moving down from the top until you hear "Search results for <search term>"
- move down a bit more until you hear "Image".
- You will hear "Image" multiple times if you move the pointer horizontally, these are multiple results.
- The leftmost item is usually the result you want.
- If you click left once you will get a new screen. This is readable with a screen reader as normal.

I am aware this is very user unfriendly. Unfortunately this has been the only way I was able to use the app as a fellow blind user.

Thanks alot for your kind helpfullness, I am happy to see that other blind users like myself are trying to use this product as well, as this might perswade the devoloper to make it more user friendly, because it really needs to be done!

Your suggestion is not indeed user friendly at all, but hey, it's worth a try at least! :)
Actually I do not use either narrator nore nvda in my daily rutines, I am a jaws user, however I of course have them both installed just in case I should ever need them.
I'll give it a go, howver first off, I'd like to ask in here if somebody inhere do know if it is possible to uptain another trial licence in order to try this out. My own trial has expired some time ago, and I'd like to see how this works for me untill I get to my pockets and make a purchase?

All the best from Allan A fellow blind user who love all of the described shows that these services actually do offer.
Unfortunately, the app is inaccessible with both NVDA and Narrator for keyboard only use.
The hackiest way to get around this is:
- Use Narrator
- Set up AnyStream and your account
- Search for the content you want and press enter. The Search box is accessible.
- Use your mouse pointer and start moving down from the top until you hear "Search results for <search term>"
- move down a bit more until you hear "Image".
- You will hear "Image" multiple times if you move the pointer horizontally, these are multiple results.
- The leftmost item is usually the result you want.
- If you click left once you will get a new screen. This is readable with a screen reader as normal.

I am aware this is very user unfriendly. Unfortunately this has been the only way I was able to use the app as a fellow blind user.

Hello

Have any other blind users cince I started this post manage to find other workarounds for using anystream with screen reading software?
Again, I really wish that the makers of anystream would try to do something to make the UI more screen reader freindly.

No, and it’s not going to happen. AS uses a special version of chrome that the developers have created. Amazon used to be accessible with just using tabs, but that is no longer the case. Other blind people have given you ideas on how to use the program, and that is the best you’ll be able to do.
Little key functions work here and there, but to actually click on what you want is the difficult part. For search you can use alt+S. For getting into the menus it’s alt+F.

Hi Nick88

That's sad news indeed!! Thanks for responding, though. I've tried following the hints I got concerning narator, however, I don't seem to get the "image" read aloud when searching, for instance, after stranger things on Netflix. Normaly I am a jaws user, so am really not very familior with the narator screen reader. Perhaps there is something I am missing?
I can get to the search field as has been suggested, however after typing in my queary I seem to be stuck.

All the best from Allan

Hi Nick88

That's sad news indeed!! Thanks for responding, though. I've tried following the hints I got concerning narator, however, I don't seem to get the "image" read aloud when searching, for instance, after stranger things on Netflix. Normaly I am a jaws user, so am really not very familior with the narator screen reader. Perhaps there is something I am missing?
I can get to the search field as has been suggested, however after typing in my queary I seem to be stuck.

All the best from Allan

I am not too sure with narrator since I don’t use that screen reader. I use NVDA as my main screen reader. With NVDA dragging your mouse across different things tells you what they are except for the search results. But it does tell you when your mouse is on top of the search results. It’s just knowing on how the layout is set up. to be honest with you it’s just a learning curve that I decided to take upon myself to use the program.
If I could suggest some thing, if your vision is really low or non-existent, there is screen recorders that are a little more accessible. There is also a script that allows you to get the audio tracks from Netflix since they’re not encrypted.

Hello Nick88

Thanks alot for your reply.

Well, even that Jaws is my main screen reader, I have indeed got nvda installed also, and I have also tried that together with the mouse pointer like you suggest. Problem is, I am simpley not getting the read out responses from nvda as you apreantly do. If I did, I would have no problem going down that lirning curb myself also in order for me to make this work.

However also thanks for telling me about the script for Netflix. I wasnt aware that such a script was availible, and I might look into that at some point. However, to be onnest I'd rather try to get this going, so I can get both picture and sound, I just need to find out why nvda does nott react the same way on my system as it does on yours. I am using windows eleven, btw, and indeed, I got no sight whatsoever.

All the best from Allan

Back