• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot Back up on DL discs

pprizwan

Ever since I got the new program, I have not been able to back up on a DL discs, not one !!!!
Could someone send the pics of the setting ? Maybe there is something not set right on my settings for backing up.
I have been a member for many, many years and this has never happened to me before.
Thanks in advance

AnyDVD doesn't write to discs, so there are no settings for you to look at.

When it comes to writing to discs that will be down to your 3rd party software and your writer

Last edited:
AnyDVD doesn't burn to blanks. What are you using for burning. No amount of anydvd settings will fix your issues with DL discs

Sorry, guys, I should have known that answer to that......I am using Clone DVD2 for burning....are there settings there that would do this ?

Do the DVDs burn correctly with something else such as Imgburn?

Sorry, guys, I should have known that answer to that......I am using Clone DVD2 for burning....are there settings there that would do this ?
Yes there are setting in CloneDVD2, just look at the drop down box labeled DVD5 and drop down and use DVD 9. Its on the second GUI.

Attachments

• 2017-06-06_20-52-50  DVD 9.jpg
    2017-06-06_20-52-50 DVD 9.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 10
That wouldn't cause Clone to not write, it would produce a smaller write on the DL disc.
I use that selection sometimes to make a smaller backup to fit on a 4.75 blank.
I am having the same problem right now, some DLs I got won't write, but other blanks (4.75 ) do.
A friend can write to them on his Win 10 laptop, but my external burner won't.
First time for this problem...tossed 15 blanks trying to figure out the problem.
Imgburn and Clone both won't do a complete burn to the DL discs.

This is what he wrote

Ever since I got the new program, I have not been able to back up on a DL discs, not one !!!!
Could someone send the pics of the setting ? Maybe there is something not set right on my settings for backing up.
I can only assume he is asking for the DVD 9 setting. If not, I tried to help.

@ Philbert, I can only assume you are using crappy DVD9 blanks. If this happened to you, why haven't you brought it up? What does this tell you
Imgburn and Clone both won't do a complete burn to the DL discs.
Your external drive could also be taking a dump. If Imgburn and CloneDVD2 will not do it, its not the programs, its the media or your drive.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem right now, some DLs I got won't write, but other blanks (4.75 ) do.
A friend can write to them on his Win 10 laptop, but my external burner won't.
"What is "Them"? His own good quality blanks or the blanks that you lent him?

the aforementioned blanks, mine.
The burner is at fault, the +Rs burn fine, but DLs have a different write speed.
The blanks are temp storage, until I go the 80 or so miles to get my hard drives...they (the temp blanks) worked before and are working now.
Just not with my external writer.
My new one will be here Monday and all will be well...Clone isn't at fault.

Back