• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request can youtube have its own file name template?

filmgal

I would love it if AS could provide a 3rd naming template for "Video" (youtube).
Personally I put all my youtube videos in a "Video" folder and would love that process to be automatic.

Or maybe have a checkmark next to "downloaded media is saved to" such that I can set that to my Video folder, and the checkmark would say: use this for youtube.

1714174550359.png

This is what I use "K:\DVRTV\TV\%n\/%n S%s E%e %t" and it puts YouTube downloads in its own folder at K:\DVRTV\TV\YouTube automatically. Is that what your asking?

This is what I use "K:\DVRTV\TV\%n\/%n S%s E%e %t" and it puts YouTube downloads in its own folder at K:\DVRTV\TV\YouTube automatically. Is that what your asking?
Not really what I was asking, because as you can see, your youtube videos are going into the TV folder. AS distinguishes Films from TV. My request is to add a third option: Video.

This is what i use and it works :)

Films: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\Films\%t
TV Shows: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\TV_Shows\%n Series %s Episode %e - %t
Youtube: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\Youtube\%t

This is what i use and it works :)

Films: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\Films\%t
TV Shows: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\TV_Shows\%n Series %s Episode %e - %t
Youtube: C:\Users\DannyBoi\Desktop\Anystream\Youtube\%t
I don't understand. There are only two fields in Settings where you can put in default locations. How do you manage to have a 3rd for youtube? I find that I have to first go into Settings, change my "films" setting to a different one for youtube, download from youtube, then go back and change it back for Films.

I don't understand. There are only two fields in Settings where you can put in default locations. How do you manage to have a 3rd for youtube? I find that I have to first go into Settings, change my "films" setting to a different one for youtube, download from youtube, then go back and change it back for Films.
Tv shows🤦 u can add more than 1 directory

Tv shows🤦 u can add more than 1 directory

I'm using 1.8.8.0 and I only see one "downloaded media is saved to" directory.

Below that there are templates, but only one template for movies and only one template for TV shows can be selected at a given time.

What version are you using, and what are the steps to add a second directory?

I'm using 1.8.8.0 and I only see one "downloaded media is saved to" directory.

Below that there are templates, but only one template for movies and only one template for TV shows can be selected at a given time.

What version are you using, and what are the steps to add a second directory?
Yes add it

Youtube is the only provider currently that would use this feature.
Since it was only added to calm the calls to add youtube (afaik) and just a subset of all youtube videos are supported ... I doubt that will be implemented anytime soon.

Since youtube videos use the movie template, why not use the second one of the default templates?
That would create a folder named "youtube" inside the default download location containing your downloaded videos
1714755865184.png

Youtube is the only provider currently that would use this feature.
Since it was only added to calm the calls to add youtube (afaik) and just a subset of all youtube videos are supported ... I doubt that will be implemented anytime soon.

Since youtube videos use the movie template, why not use the second one of the default templates?
That would create a folder named "youtube" inside the default download location containing your downloaded videos
View attachment 79375

I see what you are saying.
I would have to move way more files (out of "source" directory and into "Film" or "Video"), but at least I would know which is which.
Of course, there is nothing in that solution that I don't already have to do: look in my Films directory, and move the youtube videos out of there.
Probably easier to just move the youtube videos than move films AND videos. Hence the ask.

Last edited:
Well "moving" itself shouldn't be that bad/slow, because it's just a rename in the background (unless you move to a different disk/partition) ... the hard part is to tell the videos from the movies ;)

Do you have more content in the movies folders than the video file itself?
Because, (that's my personal thing) if not, you could just throw all the movies in one folder, makes searching faster and libraries (Plex and such) can still handle that fine.🤓

I'm sure one can come up with many reasons why my request will not be implemented and that is fine, but I just want to be clear about why I am requesting it.

It isn't just a matter of youtube videos going into the Film or TV folder and ADHD stuff about wanting a Video folder.
It's that youtube videos error out more than 1/2 the time because of their extra-ordinary long file names.
If there is a folder/name structure in your template, odds are you will receive an error from youtube.

So before downloading something from youtube I have to remember to
1. stop all queues except for youtube (because I need to change the template)
2. go to settings and change my template to save the file without using a folder at all.
3. get the youtube file with AS
4. go back to settings to put the templates back as they were
5. re-enable all queues.

I'm sure one can come up with many reasons why my request will not be implemented and that is fine, but I just want to be clear about why I am requesting it.

It isn't just a matter of youtube videos going into the Film or TV folder and ADHD stuff about wanting a Video folder.
It's that youtube videos error out more than 1/2 the time because of their extra-olong file names.rdinary
extra-ordinary long file names

If there is a folder/name structure in your template, odds are you will receive an error from youtube.

So before downloading something from youtube I have to remember to
1. stop all queues except for youtube (because I need to change the template)
2. go to settings and change my template to save the file without using a folder at all.
3. get the youtube file with AS
4. go back to settings to put the templates back as they were
5. re-enable all queues.
If the extra-ordinary long file names give you problems you can always just paste the URL or link to the video you want to download in the box and AS will download the video. You do not have to change the template just change the location your videos are being saved to temporarlly unless they add another template in the future.

If the extra-ordinary long file names give you problems you can always just paste the URL or link to the video you want to download in the box and AS will download the video. You do not have to change the template just change the location your videos are being saved to temporarlly unless they add another template in the future.
"Just paste the URL or link to the video you want to download in the box and AS will download the video."
Thanks, I know how to download from youtube.

"You do not have to change the template just change the location your videos are being saved to"

No, I DO have to change my template, that's why I've been saying it all along.
Tell you what. You try doing that, and see where your downloaded youtube video ends up.
Hint: It's going to use your Movie template.
And if I change my "Media location" from "D:/MTV" to "D:/", it's STILL going to use my movie template.

1714851070254.png

Try it. Download this youtube video:
If your MOVIE TEMPLATE is short (or maybe even non-existent), it might work.
If your MOVIE TEMPLATE includes <movie title>/<movie title> you will get this error.

1714850355945.png

Attachments

• 1714850535247.png
    1714850535247.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 1
That's why I asked if you put more into the movie folder than the video file itself.
If you don't, then why create a movie folder at all?
Without it, the path would be about 50% shorter and wouldn't error out with long titles...

That's why I asked if you put more into the movie folder than the video file itself.
If you don't, then why create a movie folder at all?
Without it, the path would be about 50% shorter and wouldn't error out with long titles...
Look, I'm Canadian and I hate being rude, but I'm gonna be, because this thread is just crazy. And I truly don't mean for you in particular to get the brunt of it. This is mostly addressed to everyone in this thread, if I'm being honest.

I'm requesting a feature, and everyone comes at me insinuating that there is an 'easy' workaround and there IS NOT.
Worse, people are telling me to do stuff that just outright is irrelevant and here I am explaining over and over again what the issue is. Why is everyone assuming I have no clue what I'm doing?

I use movie folders because I want to, and I can, and that should be the end of it.
But, believe or not, I actually have a reason for it. My default Windows Explorer view is set to details, and I include extra columns such as Length, Frame Width, Frame Height, and Bitrate so that I can see quickly which films I ought to upgrade in the future. I use Teamviewer to look at my server Good enough?

Yes, I can change my templates. Of course I can. I know that. I choose not to. I get more films and tv than youtube videos, so I'm good with what I have. I'm requesting a 3rd option for "videos" for the reasons I have given.

I'm sorry for not being all "thank you for the suggestions" etc, but honestly, I'm done with this topic and I'm tempted to never again suggest anything.

"Just paste the URL or link to the video you want to download in the box and AS will download the video."
Thanks, I know how to download from youtube.

"You do not have to change the template just change the location your videos are being saved to"

No, I DO have to change my template, that's why I've been saying it all along.
Tell you what. You try doing that, and see where your downloaded youtube video ends up.
Hint: It's going to use your Movie template.
And if I change my "Media location" from "D:/MTV" to "D:/", it's STILL going to use my movie template.

View attachment 79397

Try it. Download this youtube video:
If your MOVIE TEMPLATE is short (or maybe even non-existent), it might work.
If your MOVIE TEMPLATE includes <movie title>/<movie title> you will get this error.

View attachment 79395
I don't have a movie or tv folder so i just make a Youtube folder where ever I want to and browse to the location and select a folder. Maybe they will fallow your suggestion and make a template for Youtube.

Attachments

• Youtube.jpg
    Youtube.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 6
I don't have a movie or tv folder so i just make a Youtube folder where ever I want to and browse to the location and select a folder. Maybe they will fallow your suggestion and make a template for Youtube.
When you downloaded that url of how to cut men's hair that I suggested, did it just show up in your Videos folder or did it show up in your Youtube folder (without you doing/changing anything in your settings)?

When you downloaded that url of how to cut men's hair that I suggested, did it just show up in your Videos folder or did it show up in your Youtube folder (without you doing/changing anything in your settings)?
It went to my Youtube folder but I selected the youtube folder as the saved media location.

Back