• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can AnyDVD do main movie only?

When you rip any DVD to your hard drive using AnyDVD, if you use DVD Shrink afterwards, will it still let you choose the main movie only along with select audio options (eg. Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, etc)?

Yes

What you're saying is that you ripped Transformers 2 to your hard drive and then used DVD Shrink to shrink it down to fit on a DVD-R?

When you rip any DVD to your hard drive using AnyDVD, if you use DVD Shrink afterwards, will it still let you choose the main movie only along with select audio options (eg. Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, etc)? I've used DVD Shrink before but AnyDVD is totally new to me.

AnyDVD removes the protections. With movies that have heavy structural protection you may need to use the Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... feature in AnyDVD or use CloneDVD to do a full-disc rip before using DVD Shrink. Once you have the files on the HDD then you open DVD Shrink and click on the Open Files button and navigate to where you saved the ripped DVD structure on your HDD. Once the proections have been removed you can do whatever you want with DVD Shrink just as you would have done in the past.

Last edited:
How to tell what you need to do.

The Correct Way:
If the AnyDVD status window reports Structural Copy Protection: - then use the built in AnyDVD ripper to rip and then import that rip into DVDShrink. If Structural Copy Protection is not reported... open the disk with Shrink and have at it.

I'm Feeling Lucky:
If the AnyDVD status window reports Structural Copy Protection: Then open the disk as normal with DVDShrink and check the timestamp of the Main Movie against the cover data. If it matches you are PROBABLY ok to proceed - but not for sure.

-W

Back