• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bug-Report: Season download - Audio settings are not applied to all episodes

Moosebacher

Hello developers.
Thank you for your hard work!

I have discovered the following reproducible bug:

When downloading a season, only the first episode is downloaded with 5.1 audio. All further episodes are downloaded "only" in stereo.

How to reproduce this?
1. select a season and select several episodes.
2. click on "Download selection".
3. Select "5.1" in the audio section.
4. click "Download".

Regards

This is a known issue and I had this as well, so now I add every episode by hand. Of course it is more work, but still the queue is running without any problems so you can set it up and let it run.

They probably haven't fixed that yet since they had to care about the DRM issues, so we just have to wait for another update.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I did not know that it is already a known issue.

I also add the episodes one by one...but as you said, it's time consuming.

But "patience is a virtue", so I will patiently wait for an update.

Btw. Is there something like an Known-Issue-Report?

it's time consuming.
of course it is, but still the queue is very helpful as you can add everything and then let it run all downloads. So it is not really a dealbreaker for me.

But "patience is a virtue", so I will patiently wait for an update.
Yes, just wait, they already fixed many things in the past.

Known-Issue-Report
no, they made a forum-wide banner for the DRM issues but for the other things you have to use the forum search.

Can everybody please use the search, that’s why the forum search is there, so posts don’t get repeated.. thank you

@RedFox 1 As a new user of AS this bug is new to me. So seeing this topic now is an eyeopener. I was happily using the "add all" function, which works great btw.

And if there is a bug, that's totally fine. Bugs happen. But in the mean time a warning message would have been greatly appreciated.

Like, for example, when you click add entire season. It's an easy thing to do for the devs, right?

Now I have to recheck everything I already downloaded to see what I have to re-download...

@RedFox 1 But in the mean time a warning message would have been greatly appreciated.

Like, for example, when you click add entire season. It's an easy thing to do for the devs, right?

I know that it can be frustrating but keep in mind that for the moment the devs have a lot of work with the DRM since the last week, this bug is known but very recent so the devs didn't check yet to fix this.
The download queue is a new feature and some bugs can still happen.

I know that it can be frustrating but keep in mind that for the moment the devs have a lot of work with the DRM since the last week, this bug is known but very recent so the devs didn't check yet to fix this.

I totally understand. It isn't a big issue, but for me (a new user) it's hard to find out what is working and what is not. Again, I don't care that there are bugs. They happen and I'm patiently waiting for a fix, but in the mean time I would like to be aware of the fact that there are bugs. I mean, download queue is something that seems to work great. If I hadn't seen this topic I would have never found out about the audio issue. I know DRM issues takes precedent as that impacts the primary function of the software, but it would be nice to see a list of known bugs somewhere. I at least can't find that. Only a search for "bug-report" in the forums, but that's a bit hard to keep track of.

And again, I'm no dev so unsure how hard this is to implement (to me it seems trivial?), but to have a "known issues tab" in AS pointing to a topic here where all confirmed bugs are gathered (with links to their respected topics) or something like that would be a great help. Just my 2 cents.

there is a "Current Status" section above and looking at the thread titles should give you all the info you need.

there is a "Current Status" section above and looking at the thread titles should give you all the info you need.

Huh? Current Status topic does not list any bugs. It just states that "there are issues". Not very informative. And looking at the thread titles... come on. That's just like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Just one topic (sticky) with confirmed bug reports and links to their respected topics. That's all I'm asking for. That organizes everything, prevents unnecessary topics that fill up the forum and thus also less work for mods (I hope :p). And if a bug is solved, just the bug in that topic and add "fixed in version xx.xx.xx". As an extra I would argue that an extra tab under "?" (weird name for a tab, no?) with "known issues" (above "about") with a direct link to that topic would be great help to everyone. If someone encounters a bug they can quickly check if it's already confirmed and if not; create a topic according to the guidelines in that sticky.

Last edited:
Bugs can always happen in any software. They get fixed. It's the nature of the business. If people didn't know about it before they will learn like you did when you came to the forum. The name of the game is patience.

Just one topic (sticky) with confirmed bug reports and links to their respected topics. That's all I'm asking for. That organizes everything, prevents unnecessary topics that fill up the forum and thus also less work for mods (I hope :p). And if a bug is solved, just the bug in that topic and add "fixed in version xx.xx.xx". As an extra I would argue that an extra tab under "?" (weird name for a tab, no?) with "known issues" (above "about") with a direct link to that topic would be great help to everyone. If someone encounters a bug they can quickly check if it's already confirmed and if not; create a topic according to the guidelines in that sticky.
When a new version is released it has a changelog, it says what was fixed and what still needs work. We had a big announcement as big as a forum billboard and people still didn't read it, so keeping a minute-to-minute update for something that works in one region and doesn't work in another region is a waste of time.

Huh? Current Status topic does not list any bugs. It just states that "there are issues". Not very informative. And looking at the thread titles... come on. That's just like looking for a needle in a haystack.

OR

You can just peruse the forums :)

Then you get to communicate with a bunch of cool folks, many of whom know a butt-ton of info about all these topics.

Just mah 2 cents ! :p

Just slow down.... The devs are working on it and you can't accelerate anything with such posts. Ok?

Back