• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[-BUG- FIXED in 1.0.9.1] Track length discrepancies again

Thanks. I’ll have to watch for it. Right now only available for purchase in the US. Looks to be a good show though.

its avalible in europe on amazon try uing a vpn maybe? :)

its avalible in europe on amazon try uing a vpn maybe? :)

Thanks. Please forgive my ignorance. I connected to my VPN in the UK but Amazon still pulls US search results. Is that because my account is US based or can I somehow change that?

Last edited:
Thanks. Please forgive my ignorance. I connected to my VPN in the UK but Amazon still pulls US search results. Is that because my account is US based or can I somehow change that?

You still need to switch the region in AnyStream as well. Just enabling the UK vpn server isn't enough. You need to tell AnyStream to load the UK region too.

You still need to switch the region in AnyStream as well. Just enabling the UK vpn server isn't enough. You need to tell AnyStream to load the UK region too.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the guidance. Have a great weekend.

Would be better if we could change regions via a button at the top of amazon tab to like uk, prime, us, etc

Would be better if we could change regions via a button at the top of amazon tab to like uk, prime, us, etc

Why? What's the mechanics there:- you need to dial-in to your vpn provider, then change the amazon region which requires a complete reload of the site; changing regions is not such a frequent operation (if a frequent operation at all by any measure!) that justifies taking up space in the primary interface...

True, but I think it's actually a good suggestion to be able to swap region without going into settings and doing a program restart for it to take effect.

@Prospere just a thought here. Considering some need a vpn for certain downloads, is it technically possible to:

1) implement a region swap button/drop-down/whatever in the top bar (same level as the downloadables button) and
2) for the region change to take actual effect in AnyStream WITHOUT having to restart the software?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

<snip>

2) for the region change to take actual effect in AnyStream WITHOUT having to restart the software?

You can technically do that already: just remove prime from providers then re-add it. The short of it, it needs a complete site reload.

You can technically do that already: just remove prime from providers then re-add it. The short of it, it needs a complete site reload.
That still requires going into settings. The ideal situation here is NOT to have to go into settings for any reason

Last edited:
You still need to be logged in and having your vpn active. You're missing the point. The entire suggestion is about being (once logged in) being able to swap the AS region and have it take a effect without going through settings. That's it. This changes nothing about having to login at least once.

You still need to be logged in and having your vpn active. You're missing the point. The entire suggestion is about being (once logged in) being able to swap the AS region and have it take a effect without going through settings. That's it. This changes nothing about having to login at least once.

I think you're missing what I'm saying: if you make it part of the main window (not something that is meant to be set once and for all) ordinary users will expect it to work "out of the box." In fact, the only reason why you can watch videos with prime in different regions is more to do with shoddy admission control as opposed to anything else...

i get what you're saying just fine. The button/drop-down at the top would be no different from having a copy of the drop-down that's currently in settings and also being accessible at the top. That's it. Everything else stays the same, except for having it take effect without doing a software restart. You still need to have the vpn set to the proper region first, before you change it in AS. That's unchanged.

i get what you're saying just fine. The button/drop-down at the top would be no different from having a copy of the drop-down that's currently in settings and also being accessible at the top. That's it. Everything else stays the same, except for having it take effect without doing a software restart. You still need to have the vpn set to the proper region first, before you change it in AS. That's unchanged.

I'm talking about people's perception: you're trying to make a side-effect into main functionality... Detecting a region change and forcing a reload is one thing, but moving a region change switch (which is supposed to be set-once-and-forget-it) gives the perception of it being main functionally.

True, but I think it's actually a good suggestion to be able to swap region without going into settings and doing a program restart for it to take effect.

@Prospere just a thought here. Considering some need a vpn for certain downloads, is it technically possible to:

1) implement a region swap button/drop-down/whatever in the top bar (same level as the downloadables button) and

I agree...I switch region depending on content available...for example it is the first of the month (that is usually when AP drops or adds movies/TV shows) so I will go and get what is available in each region...UK,DE,US,CA. This for me is would be a main feature, not a one time setup setting.

I agree...I switch region depending on content available...for example it is the first of the month (that is usually when AP drops or adds movies/TV shows) so I will go and get what is available in each region...UK,DE,US,CA. This for me is would be a main feature, not a one time setup setting.

There's someone getting the point :)

There's someone getting the point :)

You missed entirely what I said, I wasn't concerned with people who KNOW what they are doing, I was talking about 99% of the users who will see it, try to use it, then complain en masse that it doesn't work.

Let me repeat myself again: it only works because currently the providers have shoddy admission control, don't think that the providers are unaware of "impossible travellers"...

Easy fix

Settings > checkbox marked 'show region switcher art the top'

unless checked, doesn't show a copy of this switcher at the top so only people that know what that setting is useful for will enable is and get to see the switcher

Easy fix

Settings > checkbox marked 'show region switcher art the top'

unless checked, doesn't show a copy of this switcher at the top so only people that know what that setting is useful for will enable is and get to see the switcher

perhaps, together with a requirement to type in a string "I am not a moron, I really do know what I am doing"? ;)

Back