• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray downsized to fit on DVD-R or +R ??

Movietime

I have been using Anydvd and Clonedvd for years, thanks to Slysoft for such a great product.

My question: It seems lately it is getting more difficult to find new movies on DVD, it look like the industry is moving to Blu-Ray now. I would like to be able to copy Blu-rays to DVD's. I have Anydvd-HD and CloneDVD2, I would like to know is there anything else I need before I drop some cash buying a Blu-Ray player.

Is it reasonable to think I would be successful doing this? Will the copy look like crap? I really don't wish to change out my DVD players for Blu-ray and this could be the solution. :doh:

Thanks for any and all help!

Couple of things to remember blu-ray on DVD will still use blu-ray format for files as such it will not play on DVD player.

If you want to play there is program known as BD-Rebuilder (free) which can convert blu-ray disc to DVD format thus then it can be used to play on DVD player. However you loose menu.

Is this what you want?

This is a feature the Blu-ray backup product will also be able to do. Shrink to single layer size. I'd have to try & find out if it will do menu's too or just movie only.

This is a feature the Blu-ray backup product will also be able to do. Shrink to single layer size. I'd have to try & find out if it will do menu's too or just movie only.

You mean that it will Shrink the Blu-Ray (double layer) to a single layer Blu-Ray disc, correct?

I think that the OP wants to know if Slyce (SlySoft's Blu-Ray Back-Up program) will Shrink the Double Layer Blu-Ray disc down to a Double Layer DVD disc (8.5Gb), if I'm reading it correctly. Because the OP "really don't wish to change out my DVD players for Blu-ray and this could be the solution." I don't blame him. Money is tight everywhere, and of course the Blu-Ray movies are a little more expensive than the DVD versions of the same movie. But when and if he decides to make the switch, his new Blu-Ray player will also be able to play the normal DVD movies as well as the Blu-Ray movies. It all comes down to the issue of money. 8)

That is what I'm saying yes, what i do not know yet since my copy won't encode yet is if it will be a bluray structure on a DVD or if it will convert the main movie only into a real DVD format like bdrb can.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I have been using Anydvd and Clonedvd for years, thanks to Slysoft for such a great product.

My question: It seems lately it is getting more difficult to find new movies on DVD, it look like the industry is moving to Blu-Ray now. I would like to be able to copy Blu-rays to DVD's. I have Anydvd-HD and CloneDVD2, I would like to know is there anything else I need before I drop some cash buying a Blu-Ray player.

Is it reasonable to think I would be successful doing this? Will the copy look like crap? I really don't wish to change out my DVD players for Blu-ray and this could be the solution. :doh:

Thanks for any and all help!

First off you going to need a BD burner if you going to do the downsizing if you can as your dvd burner isn't going to read or recognize a BD media-that would be the first thing you will need to do. Also are you playing it on your computer or standalone? Regardless if standalone you will need a BD/DVD burner drive to even begin to work the process of making a BD fit a DVD media. Also once you get a BD burner just get BD media sure they do cost more but then again you will retain all menu functions for both your computer BD burner and standalone BD player of which they now sell that plays both formats. You can still find older movie that come on DVD on amazon or other online retail sites to buy so they aren't out of style yet as not everyone else has standalone BD or have yet to upgrade to BD format players. I got a BD burner for my desktop to backup my BD media and will in time get a ext BD burner for my laptop so I can have BD option burning when I need to have it. Alot cheaper then getting a BD burner for each laptop replacement. Also if other haven't told you CloneDVD doesn't do BD media that would be only if you make a ISO image with Anydvd HD and then use Imgburn to burn back to a BD media of matching size 25G or 50G media size. But that my .02 worth.....

First off you going to need a BD burner if you going to do the downsizing if you can as your dvd burner isn't going to read or recognize a BD media-that would be the first thing you will need to do.

No he doesn't, he only need BD-Rom and dvd burner. He is not burning BD-Disc at all.

This is what I am experimenting with now. I have NO plans to move to Blu-ray. I don't feel the little extra resolution is worth investing in a format that is even more consumer hostile than DVDs are. Hell, I was forced to update PowerDVD before I could even play the thing. What happens years down the road, when Blu-rays are obsolete, and you can't do that necessary update to software and/or firmware? Besides, from 10' back I think the difference between Blu-ray and a good quality, upscaled DVD is miniscule (certainly not enough to "blow my skirt up").

That being said there are movies that were never released on DVD in their proper widescreen format, but are now available that way on Blu-ray. So, I bought one (for around $10) to play with. I don't perceive there being an issue (honestly I thing this 15% is nonsense), as the quality of the transfer isn't even up to DVD standard, let alone blu-ray.

I just recently built a new gaming rig and put a Blu-ray burner in it, just for the Hell of it. I have it ripped (thanks AnyDVD HD!) and plan to test various piece of software that purport/advertise to be able to do the conversion this weekend.

converting a blu-ray to a dvd

When I am finished, I'd like to post my notes on testing various pieces of software to convert a Blu-ray to a DVD. Is it allowable to post it here, or may in the "Third Party Products" forum? I read the forum rules, but it wasn't clear on this matter.

Thanks.

it's just fine there, but there aint no match to BD-Rebuilder atm

it's just fine there, but there aint no match to BD-Rebuilder atm

So far, from what I am seeing, I tend to agreeing you, except for a few minor points.

1) Speed: BD Rebuilder seems much slower than commercial offerings (but for free, I won't complain!).

2) Size: It used much less of the available space on a DVD-9 than other tools (5.67 GB). I could not figure out how to make it use more (i.e., compress less). Admittedly, the results still looked very good, though.

Clearing up the confusion,

Perhaps I confused many by being a little obscure, here is what I want to do:

1. Buy a blu-ray burner (doesn't make sense to just buy the player when a burner is only a few bucks more)

2. I have AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD2, Once we get this figured out I will purchase whatever extra software is required.

3. I will take a Genuine Blu-Ray Movie and put it in my Blu-ray computer drive.

4. I will put a blank DVD-R or +R in my Lite-on iHAS424 drive (I can use a DVD-R DL if necessary but not preferred)

5. Copy from the Blu-ray to DVD (using whatever software is needed, don't care about menu's or special features, just want the movie!)

6. Take the newly made backup and use it in a standard home DVD player. :eek:

I have a 400 Disc Sony DVD Jukebox that I don't want to upgrade to Blu-ray, this is one of the reasons I am willing to do this. Thanks for all the help!

Blu Ray to standard dvd

I rip all my Blu Rays to full size .ISO

If I want to convert a Blu Ray movie .ISO to standard dvd format I use a competitor's product to process the .ISO image so that the end result is a standard VIDEO_TS folder. I have the option to set the output size to fit either a dual layer or single layer dvd.

I use ImgBurn (Free blu ray/cd/dvd burning software) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to dvd.

Processing time is typically under 1 hour on my pc and the resulting dvd plays fine.

There is FREE software available that also converts a Blu Ray movie .ISO to a standard VIDEO_TS folder but I have no experience using it.

Last edited:
I rip all my Blu Rays to full size .ISO

If I want to convert a Blu Ray movie .ISO to standard dvd format I use a competitor's product to process the .ISO image so that the end result is a standard VIDEO_TS folder. I have the option to set the output size to fit either a dual layer or single layer dvd.

I use ImgBurn (Free blu ray/cd/dvd burning software) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to dvd.

Processing time is typically under 1 hour on my pc and the resulting dvd plays fine.

There is FREE software available that also converts a Blu Ray movie .ISO to a standard VIDEO_TS folder but I have no experience using it.

What is the name of this "competitor's product" that allows you to convert a Blu-Ray disc to a regular DVD disc? This is news to me! I guess you loose allot of quality because that's allot of data to compress down to a duel layer regular DVD. I don't think that Slyce will be able to do that when it's first released!

Perhaps I confused many by being a little obscure, here is what I want to do:

1. Buy a blu-ray burner (doesn't make sense to just buy the player when a burner is only a few bucks more)

2. I have AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD2, Once we get this figured out I will purchase whatever extra software is required.

3. I will take a Genuine Blu-Ray Movie and put it in my Blu-ray computer drive.

4. I will put a blank DVD-R or +R in my Lite-on iHAS424 drive (I can use a DVD-R DL if necessary but not preferred)

5. Copy from the Blu-ray to DVD (using whatever software is needed, don't care about menu's or special features, just want the movie!)

6. Take the newly made backup and use it in a standard home DVD player. :eek:

I have a 400 Disc Sony DVD Jukebox that I don't want to upgrade to Blu-ray, this is one of the reasons I am willing to do this. Thanks for all the help!

I understood you perfectly. That is exactly what I did this weekend. There are several pieces of software that will do this for you. The free ones are:

BD Rebuilder
Clown BD
multiAVCHD

All three do a great job (good video and well sync'd audio). I am sure there are others, but any one of these will do. I think BD Rebuilder is by far the easiest of the three to use.

After you convert the Blu-ray to a DVD folder, just use IMG Burn to burn the DVD. Again, I did just this, this weekend and watched the result on a 52" TV. It looked and sounded superb.

I am in the same boat as you. I am unwilling to move to Blu-ray.

I understood you perfectly. That is exactly what I did this weekend. There are several pieces of software that will do this for you. The free ones are:

BD Rebuilder
Clown BD
multiAVCHD

All three do a great job (good video and well sync'd audio). I am sure there are others, but any one of these will do. I think BD Rebuilder is by far the easiest of the three to use.

After you convert the Blu-ray to a DVD folder, just use IMG Burn to burn the DVD. Again, I did just this, this weekend and watched the result on a 52" TV. It looked and sounded superb.

I am in the same boat as you. I am unwilling to move to Blu-ray.

Perfect, do I still need AnyDVD to break the copy protection?
Thanks,

yes and no. No, you don't need Anydvd to break the protection, yes you'll need anydvd HD. Classic Anydvd does not handle blu-rays or anydvd, Anydvd HD does. That being said neither of those 3 free tools decrypt. They only process the discs, anydvd hd must break the protection for them

Perfect, do I still need AnyDVD to break the copy protection?
Thanks,

Yes, as Ch3vr0n said, you need AnyDVD HD to rip the disc onto your hard drive. Use one of the tools above to convert the Blu-ray folder to a DVD folder. Then use Img Burn to burn the DVD. I would use a media player, like VLC, to test the DVD folder before you burned it.

There is another thing op needs to be aware of, if you downsize to a dvd it will still be a blu-ray structure but on a DVD. Something us more advanced users call a BD5 (for single layer DVD) or BD9 (if dual layer dvd media). However a standard dvd player won't be able to read the disc as it won't be a valid dvd, regardless of the fact that it's burn't on a dvd it's still a blu-ray structure. BD-Rebuilder has the ability to shrink & conver to a valid DVD structure however it can do this only for the main movie. You'll lose all menu's.

Back