Blu-Ray Player/Burner 50/100 GB

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by vze2mp9g, Nov 23, 2015.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Can anyone suggest a good External Blu-Ray Player/Burner 50/100GB? I thought I saw something on the internet about the new high capacity Blu-Ray Players/Burners, but I cannot remember where and who is the manufacturer. I appreciate any and all comments.
    Thanks! :cool:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

They're called BDXL's (tripple and quadruple layers) and LG is one of them that makes them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

3. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Pioneer make a slimline USB 3 External that will read and write BD-XL discs

BDR-XD05TB

4. vze2mp9g

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the quadruple layers. The media alone must be very expensive.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

No more extraordinary than the now common double layers cost. Those were expensive as well when they first appeared. Same thing with BDXL's.

6. vze2mp9g

I've been looking at the LG version, can you tell me if they have a quadruple Blu-Ray burner? For example: http://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-WP40NB30-external-blu-ray-dvd-drive?returnFlag=Y
    I really appreciate the feedback I've gotten.
    Thanks Again! :cool:

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Pretty sure they all do, at least my internal ones do. Just look in the specs for BDXL or something. Just don't pin yourself on it, there's no such commercially available blank discs yet, let alone retail movies.

8. Loonier

Loonier Guest

9. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

well maybe there are then but i aint paying that much lol. For $50 i get a 50 pack of single layers