• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray movies will not play

Hawk7

I recently purchased the latest RedFox software. I then imported six movies via my Fusion machine and everything went as normal. However, when I tried to play four of the movies, John Wick, A Good day to die hard, Mission Imposible - Rogue Nation, and Spectre they would not play. I would click on the cover art and it would fade to grey as usual, but then it would return back to the cover art. This never happened with SlySoft. Thanks for the assistance!

Nothing has changed functionality wise just because you updated to the first official redfox anydvd release. There's something else at work here. The more likely scenario is something's "up" with your "fusion machine". Whatever that is.

I, too, am experiencing issues while using a Fusion Research movie player with RedFox. The movie in question for me is Gods of Egypt. My issue is that the movie skips around and plays scenes out of order.

For those unfamiliar with the Fusion Research player-- it is an appliance with a optical drive that copies the bluray disc to a NAS and allows you to play the movies back from the NAS using a GUI developed by Fusion . I have never used SlySoft (or RedFox for that matter) to rip using a PC, etc (I've only ever used it in the setup described). The only thing that's changed is from SlySoft to RedFox. I'm not saying the issue might not be with the Fusion player itself and its ability to properly use the new version of AnyDVD, but I wonder how someone who's been able to rely on SlySoft "just working correctly" might go about getting RedFox to work as seamlessly.

I've read through the forums and understand many users post "logfiles" from their PC/Mac and are given help accordingly. I do not believe what Fusion copies/rips is the same thing. When successfully imported, the BD creates three files that are saved onto the NAS-- one file with an extension called ".amv", one with ".art" and the last one called ".udf". The last one is the only one of any size, so it appears to be the bit-for-bit copy of the disc. I have attached a screengrab of the Adjustment Bureau from my NAS (no problems with this move, just using it for illustration).

I realize my setup may be niche, but I am hoping there's a way to receive help in similar ways as others throughout these forums.

Thank you for any help and advice you guys can provide.

-Brian

Attachments

• Adjustment Bureau screengrab 071016.PNG
    Adjustment Bureau screengrab 071016.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Ajustment Bureau screengrab 07-10-16.JPG
    Ajustment Bureau screengrab 07-10-16.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Ajustment Bureau screengrab 07-10-16.JPG
    Ajustment Bureau screengrab 07-10-16.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
The codebase of anydvd hasn't changed in the transition to redfox. It's not an anydvd problem.

I, too, am experiencing issues while using a Fusion Research movie player with RedFox. The movie in question for me is Gods of Egypt. My issue is that the movie skips around and plays scenes out of order.

For those unfamiliar with the Fusion Research player-- it is an appliance with a optical drive that copies the bluray disc to a NAS and allows you to play the movies back from the NAS using a GUI developed by Fusion . I have never used SlySoft (or RedFox for that matter) to rip using a PC, etc (I've only ever used it in the setup described). The only thing that's changed is from SlySoft to RedFox. I'm not saying the issue might not be with the Fusion player itself and its ability to properly use the new version of AnyDVD, but I wonder how someone who's been able to rely on SlySoft "just working correctly" might go about getting RedFox to work as seamlessly.

I've read through the forums and understand many users post "logfiles" from their PC/Mac and are given help accordingly. I do not believe what Fusion copies/rips is the same thing. When successfully imported, the BD creates three files that are saved onto the NAS-- one file with an extension called ".amv", one with ".art" and the last one called ".udf". The last one is the only one of any size, so it appears to be the bit-for-bit copy of the disc. I have attached a screengrab of the Adjustment Bureau from my NAS (no problems with this move, just using it for illustration).

I realize my setup may be niche, but I am hoping there's a way to receive help in similar ways as others throughout these forums.

Thank you for any help and advice you guys can provide.

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I am having less of a problem currently. Most of the movies I was having issues with are now playing. John Wick and Mission impossible, Rogue Nation still go to a dark screen when I hit play. I have about 300 movies loaded, but I have not had time to check them all out. I am set up to have my fusion player receive automatic software updates, so I am not sure if that has helped the problem.

Moving to third party as the issue is with playback itself and anydvd is not a player.

Is this it?
http://www.fusionrd.com

I want to look into this because I don't understand how it "the fusion" uses AnyDVDHD by itself.
It looks like they are essentially running a copy of Windows but with a front end on so the home user can't get access to the operating system.

@Brian Betzel
Your problem with Gods of Egypt is down to playlist obfuscation. The playback software is picking up on the wrong playlist from the disc.
AnyDVD will be working exactly the same way on these machines as it does on any other, it's the Fusion software that rips them into their own proprietary format from the original discs

Yes, that is the player/company we are referring to.

It appears that your problem is being handled by support already.
We should post any outcome here for others using this Fusion Server solution.

Back