Blu-Ray BD+

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by ukuser, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ukuser

ukuser New Member

can someone please tell me what code the studios are running or going to run utilising Blu-Ray BD+ DRM please as it seems the most anti consumer drm ever created (even more so than xcp "phone home" rootkit) or i have just heard 1001 scare stories?

Thank you ppl.

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Well it's hard to really say as it is or can be constantly evolving.

3. ukuser

ukuser New Member

i'm aware of HDCP in HDMI connections forcing you to go out and purchase new hobbled by drm equipment, which is great for bravia sales but it sucks when you have to purchase all new equipment (thanks anydvd-hd) but wasn't sure of bd+ limitations as i was considering purchasing a Hi-Def media player but i won't make the jump until i know i can use my current none hdcp 780 HD screen without either having the picture downgraded by the soon to be released ict (Image Constraint Token) or blocked by HDCP or whatever anti consumer tactics BD+ has to offer.

4. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

720p is a downgrade compared to the 1080p.

5. ukuser

ukuser New Member

there is virtually, no noticeable difference on a 40" screen at 10 feet. unless ict has downgraded all your content to less than current broadcast quality or HDCP blocks it all together!

6. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

AnyDVD HD removes the ICT