Blu Ray Audio problems

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Jon Single, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

I bought a Pink Floyd box set with a Blu Ray audio disc encoded for europe. I thought no problem , just strip the region encoding from the disc. WRONG . I have the asus BW 16 D with the downgraded bios. Any DVD does not recognize the disc nor does makeMKV ...and of course win 7 does not either. The same goes when loading the disc in my win 10 laptop, no disc recognized. Any one out there that can help?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

When you put the disc in just Win7 or Win10 (without AnyDVD) is there any message at all? Or just nothing?

3. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

Just nothing....no sign of any thing in the drive

4. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I find that sort of odd. When you put the disc in can you hear the drive struggling with it? Maybe trying to read it over and over and so you hear the drive spin up and down several times? Or no activity?

5. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Can you try it in a stand alone Blu Ray player if it plays there? Do all 3 discs behave the same?

You can also try to wipe the disc(s) with a microfiber cloth as used for cleaning glasses. Sometimes there is an unvisible film that makes them unreadable (mostly a problem with UHDs).

whatever_gong82 and DQ like this.
  6. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Listen to coopervid. The man KNOWS what he is talking about.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  7. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

The drive does try to read the disc....then nothing

The disc being a different region....it wont play in my Sony home BD players....I have 2

There is only 1 disc

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  8. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

How about cleaning? Most of the times the microfiber cloth is sufficient for UHDs but sometimes I also have to wash them with liquid soap and warm water. Did you try to clean them?

9. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

I try not to use any liquids when cleaning discs....I did use a micro fiber

No change in disc readability

10. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Sorry... I have no ideas anymore. Usually these discs can be decrypted with AnyDVD or Makemkv. But all of yor drives and the standalone players don't recognize it. I would return the disc.
    @James ,

any idea from your side?

11. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

I dont know if BD audio is different than regular BD...this disc is does have one video file on it...but the rest of the disc is high res audio files...usually a BD audio disc will have a main menu to select different items...but being a different region I cant get to the main menu

I can get a multi region player but that defeats the high res capability of the disc

I have not tried any of my other BD audio discs to see what they do in my computer

12. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

How can you tell? Just from research or from your disc?

13. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

The track listing from the CD cover tells me what files are on the disc

I have never tried to rip BD audio files from a disc but supposedly it can be done

There lies my confusion....is it a region problem or a disc problem

14. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

My guess is it's a disc problem. Otherwise AnyDVD would complain about some yadyada, But you tried it, Makemkv and standalone players. All without luck.

15. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

Just for shits n giggles....took my other 3 BD audio discs....easily recognized by anydvd

Strange

16. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

BD Audio worked fine for me. If it is a regiona problem you can change it in the settings. Look for the Reg code of the disc and rip it as code free. This should work for you.

17. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

This is an indication that the disc is defective. If possible - return it.

18. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I find it interesting how often bad discs are the case. I recently processed 3 boxed sets I bought and had a bad disc among them that would not read at all. I imagine there is little quality control often times.

19. Jon Single

Jon Single Member

I have changed region in hardware settings....and region in anydvd

Not recognizing the disc leaves me little I can do to it

20. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

I think you are victim of a bad disc my friend. Unfortunately it seems to happen not so infrequently.