• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Audio problems

Jon Single

I bought a Pink Floyd box set with a Blu Ray audio disc encoded for europe. I thought no problem , just strip the region encoding from the disc. WRONG . I have the asus BW 16 D with the downgraded bios. Any DVD does not recognize the disc nor does makeMKV ...and of course win 7 does not either. The same goes when loading the disc in my win 10 laptop, no disc recognized. Any one out there that can help?

Last edited:
When you put the disc in just Win7 or Win10 (without AnyDVD) is there any message at all? Or just nothing?

Just nothing....no sign of any thing in the drive

I find that sort of odd. When you put the disc in can you hear the drive struggling with it? Maybe trying to read it over and over and so you hear the drive spin up and down several times? Or no activity?

Can you try it in a stand alone Blu Ray player if it plays there? Do all 3 discs behave the same?

You can also try to wipe the disc(s) with a microfiber cloth as used for cleaning glasses. Sometimes there is an unvisible film that makes them unreadable (mostly a problem with UHDs).

Can you try it in a stand alone Blu Ray player if it plays there? Do all 3 discs behave the same?

You can also try to wipe the disc(s) with a microfiber cloth as used for cleaning glasses. Sometimes there is an unvisible film that makes them unreadable (mostly a problem with UHDs).

Listen to coopervid. The man KNOWS what he is talking about.

The drive does try to read the disc....then nothing

The disc being a different region....it wont play in my Sony home BD players....I have 2

There is only 1 disc

Last edited:
How about cleaning? Most of the times the microfiber cloth is sufficient for UHDs but sometimes I also have to wash them with liquid soap and warm water. Did you try to clean them?

I try not to use any liquids when cleaning discs....I did use a micro fiber

No change in disc readability

Sorry... I have no ideas anymore. Usually these discs can be decrypted with AnyDVD or Makemkv. But all of yor drives and the standalone players don't recognize it. I would return the disc.
@James ,

any idea from your side?

I dont know if BD audio is different than regular BD...this disc is does have one video file on it...but the rest of the disc is high res audio files...usually a BD audio disc will have a main menu to select different items...but being a different region I cant get to the main menu

I can get a multi region player but that defeats the high res capability of the disc

I have not tried any of my other BD audio discs to see what they do in my computer

The track listing from the CD cover tells me what files are on the disc

I have never tried to rip BD audio files from a disc but supposedly it can be done

There lies my confusion....is it a region problem or a disc problem

My guess is it's a disc problem. Otherwise AnyDVD would complain about some yadyada, But you tried it, Makemkv and standalone players. All without luck.

Just for shits n giggles....took my other 3 BD audio discs....easily recognized by anydvd

Strange

BD Audio worked fine for me. If it is a regiona problem you can change it in the settings. Look for the Reg code of the disc and rip it as code free. This should work for you.

This is an indication that the disc is defective. If possible - return it.

I find it interesting how often bad discs are the case. I recently processed 3 boxed sets I bought and had a bad disc among them that would not read at all. I imagine there is little quality control often times.

BD Audio worked fine for me. If it is a regiona problem you can change it in the settings. Look for the Reg code of the disc and rip it as code free. This should work for you.
I have changed region in hardware settings....and region in anydvd

Not recognizing the disc leaves me little I can do to it

I have changed region in hardware settings....and region in anydvd

Not recognizing the disc leaves me little I can do to it

I think you are victim of a bad disc my friend. Unfortunately it seems to happen not so infrequently.

Back