• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray 3d's

If you plan on ripping them and they use the new 3D technology like in avatar rip the disc to ISO ONLY. Or you'll end up with a folder structure that can easily be 60-70GB+ (for double layer discs)

hmm,can u just rip it to folders,and take out the trailers,etc to make it smaller?
I think i have single layer bd-r discs

No, if you rip to folders then you lose the structure and it can't be packed back up again to fit on a SL disc. You have to rip as an ISO if you intend to put it back onto a BD-r to be watched on a 3D player

ok,in that case , what is the best site to get dual layer bd-r's from? Best i've seen so far is 12 bucks a disc without buying 50 of them

EDIT: just found 10 pack for 62.95 at smartimports , but im still curious for your input on this,seeing as, these forum members are more experienced at this than I.

Last edited:
it's rather simple really. The way the video stream is sent to a 3D display is contained in the other files of the bd structure. If you rip them to files, anydvd has no way of knowing this. This results in the video file being ripped for each eye (while on the disc there is only 1 stream). This results in the increased space usage. The only way to avoid this is to rip to iso and burn the iso

it's rather simple really. The way the video stream is sent to a 3D display is contained in the other files of the bd structure. If you rip them to files, anydvd has no way of knowing this. This results in the video file being ripped for each eye (while on the disc there is only 1 stream). This results in the increased space usage. The only way to avoid this is to rip to iso and burn the iso

but after this, is it possible to modify the iso? (for example: change the language in the principal m2ts)
thank's
bye

where I get my DL BDs

ok,in that case , what is the best site to get dual layer bd-r's from? Best i've seen so far is 12 bucks a disc without buying 50 of them

EDIT: just found 10 pack for 62.95 at smartimports , but im still curious for your input on this,seeing as, these forum members are more experienced at this than I.
Ebay. I can get 10 DL BD for about $50.00, so it's about 5 bucks a piece. But I don't do this anymore. I now rip the main movie to my external hard drive and then view it on my HD TV using WESTERN DIGITAL media player. After viewing it, I delete it. You could rip the extras but you'll have to keep track of the file names.
But I've found out that a lot of movies are available for free on the torrent sites or other usenet sites. It usually takes a few hours to download a movie, especially a HD movie. I was trying to get GRAND PRIX, that 60's movie with JAMES GARNER converted to blu ray but I couldn't. Found it, in HD on a torrent site and now I can watch it from my exernal hard drive.
J.

Last edited:
As the previous poster said, eBay is the current cheapest price for Verbatim dual layer BD-R's. There is a Japanese seller on there who is selling them. He's very reliable and I usually receive my orders from him within 3 days at the most in the USA.

A word of advice: I strongly recommend avoiding the "repackaged" discs. Get the shrink wrapped product only. I had a whole bunch of repackaged discs fail at the layer break due to excess glue near the edge. The seller did replace them all with shrink wrapped discs though.

and bet windata is crappy media aswell. Stick to verbatim

i had some problems with the Verbatim 2x (printable),
but the 6x worked fine ...

I've had issues with Verbatim discs. I use PIdata for SL and Sony for DL BD-R. Have written well over 1000 SL so far with only a couple of failures due to the drive trying to burn them faster than the rated speed

Back