• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

That depends on your hardware. Albain found that out the hard way. :)

Not really. ReClock "streams" HD audio as PCM. :) But this only works if the receiver accepts 192kHz PCM, and I'm not sure this is an allowed PCM bitrate for Blu-ray (I doubt it).

Not really. ReClock "streams" HD audio as PCM. :) But this only works if the receiver accepts 192kHz PCM, and I'm not sure this is an allowed PCM bitrate for Blu-ray (I doubt it).

Hmm, that's interesting. I believe with the Xonar, it required making a PCM connection first and then using "special" bitstream types that weren't standard. Stupid Xonar. Everything else worked "normally". I know 96 is allowed for blu-ray, but, I've never seen or heard of a 192 blu-ray. Can it work at 96 or is there some "magic" to sending it at 192? :)

Hmm, that's interesting. I believe with the Xonar, it required making a PCM connection first and then using "special" bitstream types that weren't standard. Stupid Xonar. Everything else worked "normally". I know 96 is allowed for blu-ray, but, I've never seen or heard of a 192 blu-ray. Can it work at 96 or is there some "magic" to sending it at 192? :)

I believe it had to be 192kHz 2 channels, but I'm not sure. It's been ages since I added this to ReClock. ;)

EDIT: That's basically what ReClock's ASAudioRenderer.dll does, it receives the bitstream from TMT and sends it to the HDMI port as PCM.

Last edited:
I believe it had to be 192kHz 2 channels, but I'm not sure. It's been ages since I added this to ReClock. ;)

EDIT: That's basically what ReClock's ASAudioRenderer.dll does, it receives the bitstream from TMT and sends it to the HDMI port as PCM.

Neat! That's a pretty slick way of handling it.

maybe there are some MIPS assembler gurus around. here is the cinavia (libawm.so) library extracted from the lg bd 560 firmware (8.31.231c).

happy reversing the watermark detection routines ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if it's been asked before but I'd like to know if cinavia is only on region A discs or can it be found on region B discs ?
My Denon 2010 player seems to be cinavia free but I want to check with a cinavia protected movie.

The last we knew it was region A so far. I've yet to see confirmation on a different region.

There's a couple discs with cinavia with region B too. See my latest reply in cinavia stickie. Made a note of that a couple times, list never got updated

Hello all

It was recently posted on the AVSForums that Cinavia is going to be implemented on the Netgear NeoTV 550 Media Player.

Does anyone know if Full 1:1 BD Rips with Protection Intact as created by AnyDVD HD would work with a Cinavia Enabled Media Player?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Yes, we know for sure that full 1:1 BD rips with protection intact won't work on ANYTHING without AnyDVD enabled on it. :) Hence why it's called protection. ;)

Yes, we know for sure that full 1:1 BD rips with protection intact won't work on ANYTHING without AnyDVD enabled on it. :) Hence why it's called protection. ;)

Thanks for the confirmation :)

It will be interesting to see how Netgear implements Cinavia on the Neo without crippling the box.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks for the confirmation :)

It will be interesting to see how Netgear implements Cinavia on the Neo without crippling the box.

Thanks

Kevin

Yea, Cinavia seems to be taking off much more slowly than I thought, which is good. I don't know anything about this netgear device, but, assumably it must play licensed content if it's getting Cinavia. Is it a Blu-ray player in addition to media streamer? We only have a handful of discs that contain it, and even less players that are confirmed so far to detect it. However, those lists do seem to be increasing as time moves on.

Yea, Cinavia seems to be taking off much more slowly than I thought, which is good. I don't know anything about this netgear device, but, assumably it must play licensed content if it's getting Cinavia. Is it a Blu-ray player in addition to media streamer? We only have a handful of discs that contain it, and even less players that are confirmed so far to detect it. However, those lists do seem to be increasing as time moves on.

Hello

The NeoTV 550 is a new Media Streamer released December 20 2010.

You can find more details on it at www.netgear.com/neotv but Netgear are seeking BDA Certification at the moment with plans to allow playback of Retail BD Discs via external BD Player.

It also supports DVD and BD ISO with full BD Menu and BD Live.

Kevin

Hello

The NeoTV 550 is a new Media Streamer released December 20 2010.

You can find more details on it at www.netgear.com/neotv but Netgear are seeking BDA Certification at the moment with plans to allow playback of Retail BD Discs via external BD Player.

It also supports DVD and BD ISO with full BD Menu and BD Live.

Kevin

That's why they're doing Cinavia, then. They want to attempt to play both sides. "Look at our great streaming abilities!" And then out the other side of their mouth..."but it's cinavia protected." This will backfire as more content becomes cinavia protected. I would highly recommend avoiding this device until a suitable cinavia removal technique is found. Otherwise it'll becomes a pretty expensive paperweight IMO. At least on cinavia discs.

Back