• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blades of Glory & Anydvd 6.1.8.4

Blades of Glory Problem

I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 in conjunction with CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 and when copying blades of glory I get this screen. Has anyone run into this before? I've never seen it before. Is there a fix? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
Blades.jpg

This is now the 3rd person to report this. This looks like this is indeed a problem with AnyDVD.

This is now the 3rd person to report this. This looks like this is indeed a problem with AnyDVD.

Someone at Slysoft told me they tried this exact same disc with Anydvd 6.1.8.4 and Clonedvd, and that combo worked fine. /shrug

It could be an issue; I'm not sure. 10 people could report problems with another disc, and that disc could simply be defective 10 times . . .
3 people reporting something doesn't necessarily imply anything.

And until people start posting the requested information, they may remain in the dark.

Last edited:
Someone at Slysoft told me they tried this exact same disc with Anydvd 6.1.8.4, and it worked fine. /shrug

It could be an issue; I'm not sure. 10 people could report problems with another disc, and that disc could simply be defective 10 times . . .
3 people reporting something doesn't necessarily imply anything.
Too big of a coincidence for 3 people in a few days time to report the SAME problem with the SAME version. I've never once run into a defective disc either.

No. It's not.

Then you're lucky--or have had an extremely limited experience, because that situation is not uncommon.
I cannot remember anyone in my house ever getting a defective disc. We are movie junkies and have several hundred DVDs.

I cannot remember anyone in my house ever getting a defective disc. We are movie junkies and have several hundred DVDs.

Then, as stated before you are lucky, because a number of people on this forum have received bad original discs. The situation is not uncommon.

Defective discs happen ALL the time. Just because you can play it in a stand alone player doesn't mean it's not defective. That's why the suggestion to scan the disc is so often given. And I agree with Webslinger, for the record, 3 people reporting this issue doesn't mean anything. Especially if all of them are using the CSS archive. But, we don't know that and can *ONLY SPECULATE* until the requested information is posted. Speculation alone will NOT get this problem solved.

Defective discs happen ALL the time. Just because you can play it in a stand alone player doesn't mean it's not defective. That's why the suggestion to scan the disc is so often given. And I agree with Webslinger, for the record, 3 people reporting this issue doesn't mean anything. Especially if all of them are using the CSS archive. But, we don't know that and can *ONLY SPECULATE* until the requested information is posted. Speculation alone will NOT get this problem solved.

If I didn't find this movie overly sophomoric (I did laugh a couple of times, but I don't believe this qualifies as something I want to have in my collection), I would buy it and test it for myself. But having watched it once, I don't think I want to watch it again.

Plus someone else tells me 6.1.8.4 works with this disc perfectly fine . . . so /shrug

If I didn't find this movie overly sophomoric (I did laugh a couple of times, but I don't believe this qualifies as something I want to have in my collection), I would buy it and test it for myself. But having watched it once, I don't think I want to watch it again.

Plus someone else tells me 6.1.8.4 works with this disc perfectly fine . . . so /shrug

I refuse to even WATCH this disc let alone buy it. :D

Well, I was on an airplane at the time . . .

Thank God for laptops. :D

Anyway, if one of the people having problems could PLEASE do what Webslinger has asked and post their zip file after resetting AnyDVD to defaults it would be VERY helpful in figuring out what the problem is.

Someone at Slysoft told me they tried this exact same disc with Anydvd 6.1.8.4 and Clonedvd, and that combo worked fine. /shrug

I don't know why I was told this. :confused: Anyway, I do believe there is an issue with Anydvd 6.1.8.4 and this disc.

Thanks to those of you you reported this issue.

There is definitely an issue with AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. Since CloneDVD hasn't changed then the culprit must be AnyDVD. Since the AnyDVD ripper shares some code with CloneDVD that would also explain why it errors in the same way as CloneDVD. I believe it's a compatibility error that snuck in during the rewrite and wasn't caught until now.

Programs such as DVD Shrink, Nero Recode, CloneCD, ImgBurn, etc don't appear to have a problem with reading the disc. However if you attempt to run the output of the previously mentioned programs through CloneDVD you will end up with the same exact error you got if you tried to process the original disc with CloneDVD. The error is PS 18 TCE which has to do with with the inability to copy protected material (CSS).

Some of the output from AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 seems to have this problem for this specific movie. This does not appear to be a problem with the A.I. Scanner since the problem happens regardless of whether it is enabled or disabled. This only appears to have impacted Blades of Glory at this time. All versions between AnyDVD 6.1.7.1 and 6.1.7.4 work perfectly for this movie.

Attached are the AnyDVD log from 6.1.8.4 and the Nero Recode log.

For the time being to make a full disc backup downgrade to AnyDVD 6.1.7.4. Better yet to make a movie-only or movie+menu backup with AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 select Title 1 and the menus if you wish. Do not select any other titles.

I'm sure James will address this when he can.

Edit: Portions of this post were changed or removed because the some of the original information is now irrelevant.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_Y_BLADES_OF_GLORY_16X9.zip
    98.9 KB · Views: 12
  • NeroRecode_log.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
<bump>

I'm bumping this thread because I did some editing of my previous post. I'm not meaning to make a frivolous post.

I did more testing. So, if you'd already read the post some things have been changed. Please re-read my previous post in this thread.

Back