• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

bin/cue Load Bug

Hello everyone,
Among all similar virtual drive apps, VCD was the best for me, compact and hassle free, what a pity it's not getting updates :(

Since Windows 10 integrated ISO support, you might think it's no longer used, but Windows does not support bin/cue audio files.

The problem is that Virtual CloneDrive also does not support bin/cue audio files, on the latest Windows 10 x64 system at least.

Anyone knows if that's possible to submit this to the developers and hope for an update? :)

Among all similar virtual drive apps, VCD was the best for me, compact and hassle free, what a pity it's not getting updates
It is the best. It receives updates from time to time, but only bugfixes, no new features.
Since Windows 10 integrated ISO support, you might think it's no longer used, but Windows does not support bin/cue audio files.
Windows integrated iso support is buggy and should be avoided. VCD is rock solid.
The problem is that Virtual CloneDrive also does not support bin/cue audio files, on the latest Windows 10 x64 system at least.
No, it doesn't.
Anyone knows if that's possible to submit this to the developers and hope for an update?
VCD is free software, don't expect any new features.

Thanks James for the info, although heart breaking, but it's not indeed a new feature, Red Book belongs to 80's so can be considered as ancient, VCD opens such images with no error message, seems a misbehavior to me, it's a pity we can't have it, maybe as a paid feature or fund raising can be considered.

Anyway, you mentioned bug fixes are performed? If my memory helps me I've encountered few issues when developing a related Windows app, I'll search my email folders to see if can find them to report, as the code signing certificate states, the latest version belongs to Feb 2020, many changes in Windows 10 and the new 11, caused some issues, will do my best to find em all :)

oops forgot to mention that it was working on earlier Windows versions, so I thought that's not considered as a new feature, but a failed no longer working one :)

Thanks James for the info, although heart breaking, but it's not indeed a new feature, Red Book belongs to 80's so can be considered as ancient, VCD opens such images with no error message, seems a misbehavior to me, it's a pity we can't have it, maybe as a paid feature or fund raising can be considered.
I don't think VCD ever opened .cue files, but I may be mistaken. For Red Book Audio it opens .ccd (CloneCD) files. VCD was developed as a free add-on to other elby products like CloneCD, CloneDVD and CloneBD.

many changes in Windows 10 and the new 11, caused some issues
I don't know of any bug reports. But if you find a bug worth fixing, please post it here in a new thread. Thank you.

I think this is really not relevant. bin / cue is something for Imgburn if you want to burn to disc.

Thanks, kindly note that VCD already supports bin / cue of VideoCD, Super VideoCD and data images, also opens and loads bin / cue of AudioCDs but the virtual disc is shown as empty, some years ago it stopped working on the latest Windows 10 update builds.

I just have some ancient Audio CD bin / cue backups on my archive HDD and hoped to be able to load and play them, not going to burn...
Thanks again :)

Sorry. Was just guessing. 80s stuff is not my expertise anymore.

Thanks all, yep Audio CDs were intoduced before modern PCs, no data to burn as ISO, even mixed mode I think...

I'll obtain a decent CD drive to make new images of my CDs :)

Thanks all, yep Audio CDs were intoduced before modern PCs, no data to burn as ISO, even mixed mode I think...

I'll obtain a decent CD drive to make new images of my CDs :)
Try to read the "empty drive" mounted image with CloneCD. It might actually work.

There is at least 1 third party tool that supports this, ISObuster. Not sure the free version will work.

Unfortunately the bin file also has subchannel data imbedded into it unlike CloneCD's IMG file so you can't do anything w/ an audio editor with that.

Back