• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Rebuilder Beta (v0.17.9)

I discovered this software a couple of days ago. And I have been trying to rip the movie only of Hancock... Everytime I tried that Blu-Ray it would fail with multiple error messages such as the following.

x264stoppedworking.gif

I was getting frustrated attempting to rip a Blu-Ray Movie. I then tried the other Blu-ray movie I have, Wall-E. And that one has been working great so far.

Note, I have found that with Handcock when the software goes into the recoding step I had "tons" of ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter icons in the lower right hand portion of my screen. But with Wall-E I only have two and all is going very good.

Someone else might want to try Handcock Blu-Ray disc and see if it does work. Mine is the Unrated Special Edition, UPC 0 43396 27900 1.

This movie may require additional coding requirements that all other Blu-Ray movie don't need.

TIA..

I discovered this software a couple of days ago. And I have been trying to rip the movie only of Hancock... Everytime I tried that Blu-Ray it would fail with multiple error messages such as the following...

I suggest that you go to the official thread for this discussion on the Doom9 forums and post about your problems. You'll find the link in the first post of this thread.

I suggest that you go to the official thread for this discussion on the Doom9 forums and post about your problems. You'll find the link in the first post of this thread.

I was over there and just signed up to that forum. But I have to wait 5 days to post anything in the thread.:bang: Just wanted to bring the issue to light with Handcock.

I ran this this from an anydvd image on hard disk -of a BD movie I have. Mounted with Dtools. I did a movie-only BD-9 backup. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 system. I worked well but slowly - depending on the CPU I think cause it was the only fully stretched.

Code:
-----------------------
[13:08:13] BD Rebuilder v0.17.12 (beta)
- Input BD size: 34,76 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:32:13.332]
- Target BD size: 7,72 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[13:08:13] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:35:21] Reencoding: VID_00007 ( 1 of 1 )
[03:24:53]PHASE ONE complete
[03:24:53]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
[03:24:53] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[03:24:53]JOB: *** completed.

Total time: ~14 hrs.

I have used BD Rebuilder on several movies and it works great, but for some reason, I can't play it using PowerDVD on my computer.

If I make an image of the ripped movie before BD Rebuilder (using ImgBurn and Virtual Clone Drive), it plays fine.

Now I compress the movie for a DVD-9, and PowerDVD 7.3 says "A Disk With Unsupported Format In Drive F:".

If I burn it to DVD, it still will not play in my computer, but it will play fine in my PS3 and in another computer that has PowerDVD (altough I think this computer does not have the latest build of 7.3).

Any suggestions?
Thanks

If you re-encode to BD-25 so you can fit a 44 GB movie onto a BD-25 disc then, yes. This is no different than transcoding or re-encoding a SD DVD from DVD-9 to DVD-5. You are re-encoding the original content so that the resulting output is smaller and in doing that you will have a lower overall bitrate while the resolution stays the same. There will be some degradation compared to the original source material. There's no way to accomplish this without losing some quality.

I believe DVD Shrink program used a process called transcoding, where it shrank the file based on the original encodes bitrate distribution. That is, the original encode may have allocated more bitrate to a certain action heavy scene and DVD Shrink would recode this same scene with a larger allocation as well but at a lower scale of bitrate. I hope I am explaining this right.

Since I am new to this H.264 encoding, does the H.264 encoders fully reanalyze the video to figure out the bitrate allocation thru the movie or does it use the same bitrate allocation patterns of the original video encode and just adjust it to a lower bitrate scale?

I believe DVD Shrink program used a process called transcoding, where it shrank the file based on the original encodes bitrate distribution. That is, the original encode may have allocated more bitrate to a certain action heavy scene and DVD Shrink would recode this same scene with a larger allocation as well but at a lower scale of bitrate. I hope I am explaining this right.

DVD Shrink used its own analysis to decide how to redistribute the bitrate AFAIK. Nonetheless, yes, DVD Shrink transcodes. Any time that you transcode you lose quality. BD Rebuilder is actually re-encoding rather than transcoding. The quality of the encoder used will decide how much quality is lost when re-encoding but the quality should be better by re-encoding rather than transcoding.

Since I am new to this H.264 encoding, does the H.264 encoders fully reanalyze the video to figure out the bitrate allocation thru the movie or does it use the same bitrate allocation patterns of the original video encode and just adjust it to a lower bitrate scale?

I'm not sure how jdobbs is doing this. It's an early early beta so it's possible he's holding off on redistribution of the bitrate. His other program DVD Rebuilder analyzes a DVD and can redistribute the bitrate which results in much better use of space versus quality when creating a compressed backup.

Your question is a good question. I would highly suggest posting this question in the official forum thread over at Doom9.

Back