• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Rebuilder Beta (v0.17.9)

linx05

BD Rebuilder Beta (0.17.13) (4th Jan)

Ok. Although I don't think it's at a stable point yet, I've decided to release BD Rebuilder for some initial beta testing. Before you download it and decide to use it -- remember one thing. This is BETA SOFTWARE. It has bugs. It is NOT ready for production encoding. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't like it, don't use it... it is not being posted for opinions or comments, there is plenty of time for that later (after it reaches a level of stability that isn't there now). I am posting it only for testing to see where the majority of the bugs are.

If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time. I'm pretty busy with my real life right now.

From here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I'll get around to checking this out soon, I hope.

I used to use DVDrebuilder, that was the best dvd backup program I ever used. However since I set up the HTPC everything goes on the HDD. So I don't use it much.

What is the final goal, to simplify the remuxing process or make the files even smaller?

I ran this during the day since I was not around. I did a movie-only BD-5 backup of a BD movie I have. It didn't take 12 hours. I have an Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 system. I am quite impressed with the output and the process, itself. Considering this is an early beta it's simple but very effective. Kudos to jdobbs.

Code:
[09:10:37] BD Rebuilder v0.17.9 (beta)
  - Input BD size: 32.66 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:32:13.332]
  - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[09:10:41] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [09:21:50] Reencoding: VID_00007 ( 1 of 1 )
[14:15:16]PHASE ONE complete
[14:15:16]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
[14:15:16] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[14:15:16]JOB: ***** completed.

Total time: ~5 hrs.

Of course a full-disc re-encode would take longer.

Last edited:
Is your pc over clocked?

Also did you use 2 different hard drive.

IF you don't mind can you share BD_rebuilder setting and system specs as well.

Target BD size: 4.27 GB

Are you sure it is not dvd, because of the size.

I am testing on mine laptop and will share result once done.

Is your pc over clocked?

I am testing on mine laptop and will share result once done.
BD-5 is SL DVD size

I am not sure but I think BD-5 is 25GB or is it called BD-25. :confused:

Is your pc over clocked?

No. I'm using a Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz, 8 GB of DDR2-1066 Corsair RAM, under Vista x64 SP1. From looking at one point it did appear that all four cores were utilized which should have helped.

I had a protected ISO image of a BD disc on drive G. I mounted it to drive W. I had AnyDVD HD active, of course. I then ran BD Rebuilder from drive C with the working folder and output folder set to drive G.

I used the Fair Quality - Faster Encode setting and set the output to BD-5 so it would fit on a SL DVD blank. I did a movie-only re-encode. This was just a test while I was busy during the day. I wanted to see how the results were on a quicker test.

[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=1
QUICK_EXTRAS=1
PRIORITY_CLASS=1
QUALITY=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
TRELLIS=1
COLOR_BOOST=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=W:\
WORKING_PATH=G:\WORK\BD-REBUILDER\

BD-5 creates output in a BD structure that fits on a DVD-5 blank and BD-9 creates output in a BD structure that fits on a DVD-9 blank. I selected BD-5 because I wanted to see just how much quality would be lost from the original movie BD-50. The results looked as good if not better than a standard SD DVD on my system when I played it back. It was not, of course, as beautiful as the original.

I am not sure but I think BD-5 is 25GB or is it called BD-25. :confused:

BD-5 = BD strutcure that fits on a DVD-5 blank = ~4.7 GB
BD-9 = BD structure that fits on a DVD-9 blank = ~8.5 GB
BD-25 = BD structure that fits on an SL BD blank = ~25 GB
BD-50 = BD structure that fits on a DL BD blank = ~50 GB

Thank you, I am working with Spiderman with highest quality setting and no removal of anything. Let see how it goes.

Bitrate is 15,344 Kbs for main movie.

New version is out 0.17.11 for BD rebuilder.

December 26th, 2008 - v0.17.11
- Changed the "Quick" algorithm so it would was less
picky about which extras to encode with CRF.
- Corrected an error in which the wrong MPLS could be
selected for MOVIE-ONLY mode.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.

(I also notice speed increase or it could be me only.)

Last edited:
Does this benefit any in converting Bluray to DVD? By running this to downsize it first?

Does this benefit any in converting Bluray to DVD? By running this to downsize it first?

You aren't converting it to DVD. What you are doing is re-encoding the BD so it fits on a DVD disc if you are using the BD-5 or BD-9 settings. The BD-25 setting re-encodes from a BD-50 so that the output can be burned to a single layer BD blank. You are retaining the original BD structure and it still must be played by BD playback software.

Last edited:
You aren't converting it to DVD. What you are doing is re-encoding the BD so it fits on a DVD disc if you are using the BD-5 or BD-9 settings. The BD-25 setting re-encodes from a BD-50 so that the output can be burned to a single layer BD blank. You are retaining the original BD structure and it still must be played by BD playback software.

No I understand 100% how it works, what I'm asking is does this AID in converting to DVD. NERO has a hard time encoding some m2ts files for me for some reason, it will crash, hang 3hrs into encoding...etc.

I was just asking if doing this first would help me at all.

No I understand 100% how it works, what I'm asking is does this AID in converting to DVD. NERO has a hard time encoding some m2ts files for me for some reason, it will crash, hang 3hrs into encoding...etc.

I was just asking if doing this first would help me at all.

Possibly. If you've already downsized a BD to fit your blank media then all you need to do is burn it with ImgBurn. I'd skip using Nero completely.

The program is still so new I don't know if anyone can really answer your question.

No Go

Tried it with a Blu-ray yesterday with movie only. - Took 18 hours to shrink a Blu-Ray from 32 Gig to BD-25 and it crashed at 99%. Error 7. Installed all needed files as instructed.

Tried it with a Blu-ray yesterday with movie only. - Took 18 hours to shrink a Blu-Ray from 32 Gig to BD-25 and it crashed at 99%. Error 7. Installed all needed files as instructed.

Report the bug along with all relevant information in official thread over at Doom9. I would double-check in the bug thread that it hasn't already been reported and also make sure you are using the latest version.

I tried once and it worked beautifully in my case.

i have not used this program yet but just one question before i do. if i am trying to burn a movie that is say 44Gb onto a 25Gb BD-R does that mean its taking away from the quality of the movie

i have not used this program yet but just one question before i do. if i am trying to burn a movie that is say 44Gb onto a 25Gb BD-R does that mean its taking away from the quality of the movie

If you re-encode to BD-25 so you can fit a 44 GB movie onto a BD-25 disc then, yes. This is no different than transcoding or re-encoding a SD DVD from DVD-9 to DVD-5. You are re-encoding the original content so that the resulting output is smaller and in doing that you will have a lower overall bitrate while the resolution stays the same. There will be some degradation compared to the original source material. There's no way to accomplish this without losing some quality.

Last edited:
Back