BD-R Prices

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by wdgoldstein, Mar 28, 2008.

1. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

How about a sticky on BD-R prices as they seem to be "All over the place"

When a user finds a great price let them post a link. I have heard of discs at $5.95 each but only long after the sale was over. As many of want to burn our backups this would be a boon to the membership.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. This is not a blank disc forum, much less a site to find deals on blank media.

I don't care if people want to post deals in the cd/dvd blank disc forum, but I'm not making a sticky.
    This isn't intended to be a deals forum.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  3. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

BD-R Pricing

Hell, I didn't even realize there was a Blank discs forum :) How's about a sticky here?

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

This isn't a deals forum. These are Slysoft's support forums. There are plenty of sites that are dedicated to deals. If people want to post blank media deals, that's fine, but I'm not making a sticky thread for them.

5. Hanko44

Hanko44 Well-Known Member

I know this is NOT a Deal Forum - but the BEST deal I found was $8

6. sej7278

sej7278 Well-Known Member

7. Hanko44

8. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

Thanks

That is a great price. Ordered a spindel of them :)

9. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

Follow Up

Since I live in California the disc's arrived the next day with standard shipping ($3.28) They worked great on both my Sony & LG burners and played from my stand-alone Samsung BD player. Only thing I don't like about them is Back is Mirror Finish, hence, you not only can't print on them, but Felt marker smears and wipes off :)

10. Hanko44

That was my only complaint as well.

But I could not find anything else close in price.

11. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

Labels

I have had VERY BAD LUCK with labels in the past on DVD-R as a bout 1 year later the disc's are no longer plyable (suspect the air bubles lift reflective coating). These disc's appear to be of MUCH better quality. I wonder if lables would work. Any thoughts on that?

12. Hanko44

I have never used labels.

For SD-DVD I buy Printable Discs and print them on my Epson.

The shinny Blu-Ray are non-printable.

But I make a jewel case for them so being labeled or printed is no big deal.

13. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

Labels

I too print S-DVD's on an Epson (R 280). And actually have purchased BD (blue) cases and print cover art.

I'd very much like printable BD-R media but the only types I have found are VERY expensive. Can't wait for more competition so the prices drop and the printable media becomes available at an affordable price.

14. g3rm

g3rm Member

I personally like the cheapie TDK BD-Rs (25gb) found at Walmart on sale for $9.99 at times....screamin deal for transcodes!:clap:

15. vamsilak

vamsilak Well-Known Member

Circuit city had a sale $4.99
    on bd-r(25gb)hurry up

i just got 25 disc's