• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD-9

RaisingCaneX

Just purchased CloneBD and can't figure out why it will not let me select BD-9 for Compression. In the drop down menu for compression BD-9 and BD-5 will not highlight for me to select. I'm on a new Windows 10 PC. Please Help.

You need to give more info, like a step by step explanation on which settings you are choosing

First if I have a Blu-Ray folder or ISO saved on my computer from Anydvd it says can't be parsed. ISO's do not work either. So next I have to have a Blu-Ray in the player in order for it to work. My next step I tried both Full and partial copy. When I chose partial, I would try Main Feature only. The first selection at the top (Which was already selected). I would then select continue. When I get to the Compression Screen the only thing highlighted is BD-25 and BD-50. BD-5 and BD-9 are not highlighted but say too small. Even when I tried Full or 1:1 I get the same compression options (No BD-5 and BD-9). I tried to use the slider to manually compress one movie down to 9 gigs (That's what the Slider info said). When it finished, the folder size was 1.4 gigs. All the Blu-Rays I have attempted to process are well over 30 gigs.

What about audio options?

Not sure why it won't let you use folders or ISO's, they work fine on all my machines.

Essentially if it doesn't give you those options it's because it thinks that shrinking down that small will give a poor video quality. Check to see which audio tracks you have ticked and make sure they are set to compress down

I had the audio as keep original. I use to use BD-Builder with no problem with BD-5 and BD-9

Well if you keep the original audio that will take up a large chunk of a BD-5 or 9 so it leaves little for the video.

TrueHD can have a bit-rate up to 18Mb/s and DTSHD-MA up to 24.5Mb/s. So if you take an average bitrate of around 6Mb/s that equates to about 2.6GB for every hour of audio

Last edited:
Not Off Topic at all, CloneBD doesn't automatically convert the audio, you have to choose which type of compressed audio you want. If you leave it set to 'Use Original' then it uses the original audio

How can I get CloneBD to give me the option to do BD-9? That's what I bought it for. That setting

Pretty obvious really, don't choose 'Original Audio'

I chose a the Audio to be converted (not original), and it still does not work. Still does not allow me to select the BD-9 conversion.

Which film are you trying to do. I've found most shorter films give me BD-9 even if I keep the original audio so the only thing I can think is that you are keeping to much from the original disc or that the film is really long

Last edited:
I chose a the Audio to be converted (not original), and it still does not work. Still does not allow me to select the BD-9 conversion.

Screenshot, log file, anything that would give a little bit of information, would help a lot.

I am trying the same thing with same results. Using Jurassic World as a test. See screenshot showing BD9 option not available. Even when the audio option is changed to downconvert, BD9 option not available.

Attachments

• BD9 test.JPG
    BD9 test.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 19
I am trying the same thing with same results. Using Jurassic World as a test. See screenshot showing BD9 option not available. Even when the audio option is changed to downconvert, BD9 option not available.

Hmmm......

(that's short for: "that looks odd, will have to check and maybe report back to the devs and see what's going on")

too confirm: ...but it is still possible to select an appropriate size with the slider and then create a BD-9 output, right?
It's just the preselection dropdown misbehaving?

I can confirm that after selecting convert all audio to ac3 that bd 9 option still isn't available when backing up main movie only of furious 7, Setting to custom then manually setting slider to 7.80gb will work although size came out slightly smaller.

From that screen shot it looks like Scodog is trying to keep the whole disc and shrink it to a BD-9 as it doesn't give the options for 'Maintain original menu' etc which I would expect if he's doing a 'movie only', so maybe that's why it's still to big

It seems to a a bit-rate issue, it looks like Elby have set a minimum bit-rate that if it goes below that then those options are greyed out. From what I can see if the bit-rate drops below around 6Mb/s then you no longer get the BD-9 option

Last edited:
Wait so whom is the OP that were suppose to address the issue at hand? Any other posters chiming their problems doesn't help. And still waiting for a Log file from Anydvd HD or CloneBD for the BD movie??? OP where is the Log file??? I do know on BD movies I also get the too small option to use BD5 or BD9 when keeping backup 1:1 so I keep them the same size as original.

Last edited:
That's the same screen that I get no matter whether the audio is original or changed. I have tried it both ways. I have tried also multiple Blu-Rays including Mission Impossible, Pan, Return of the Jedi and Ant Man. When I use the slider the picture quality drops of greatly. I use to use BD-Rebuilder until my old Windows 8 computer hard drive crashed. It did BD-9 with no problem. Now I have a Windows 10.

Back