• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bad sound Converting any movie to mp4

garillaV

OK sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find my original post.
1st when I convert a store bought BD to mp4 for my phone the sound is terrible and distorted, "warbly". I also can't get a copied BD to even convert the program runs for about 4-5 seconds says it's done but nothing is there. What to do?

You could have just clicked on your profile name at the top right and on the drop down clicked on 'Your Content' which gives you a list of your posts

OK sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find my original post.
1st when I convert a store bought BD to mp4 for my phone the sound is terrible and distorted, "warbly". I also can't get a copied BD to even convert the program runs for about 4-5 seconds says it's done but nothing is there. What to do?

As in the other thread: it's not entirely clear what you mean by "tinny and garbled". I do have an idea of what it may sound like, but am not sure about the magnitude of the effect (on a scale from "not quite like the original HD sound" to "unbearably distorted, can't understand a word spoken").

There are many parameters involved, among those:
- what audio codec was chosen (or was it "lossless")?
- what bitrate was chosen for audio?
- what player are you playing it on?

OK I get it. You can still still hear the words but they are distorted badly, not "hollowish" but like electronically distorted. This happens to any movie I try
The audio codec was chosen for me and I couldn't change it even if I wanted to. It is AAC.
The bitrate was 1.61 mbps
I'm saving it to a folder on my PC and then loading it onto my phone which is a Samsung Note 4

10/1 you got 'remove cinavia' enabled in anydvd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The bitrate was 1.61 mbps

That's the video bitrate, I meant the selected audio bitrate. But then again - even the lowest bitrate settings for AAC don't sound as bad as you are describing it.

Surround 5.1 224 kbps. So if I disable "remove cinavia" that should take care of it? And then when I need to backup a disc I have to re enable it? Will disabling the setting also allow a disc I've burned to be able to convert to mp4 as well?

Last edited:
you only need to enable that setting if you convert a disc that has the cinavia signal and if the player you detects it on the type of output you use. Disabling that setting has no impact whatsoever on being able or not being able to convert to mp4. Anydvd then only removes the signal, no more, no less.

OK thanks that worked the sound is just fine now. How would I know if the disc I'm converting has Cinavia on it? Where would I look?
Also I'm still having the issue with trying to convert a disc I've burned to mp4. It only goes for a few seconds, says it's done, but there's nothing there. I've tried it with numerous discs and none work.

Last edited:
for the most part, just look for the signal on the back of the packaging. so far the main studio's using it are sony, universal and lionsgate. If there's no cinavia logo on the back packaging, cloneBD will tell you in seconds when you select the audio tracks in the cloneBD title preview player.

As far as the conversion aborting goes, what is "it" does cloneBD abort? if so, on the completion / abortion page, hold the alt button and 2 new buttons will appear. Click the left one that sais to e-mail a logfile. Do it, and in the mail describe what happened. Maybe there's a problem in the disc or bug in CloneBD that's causing it to happen.

Ok I did do that this morning and sent it the elby bugs address but when I get home I'll send it here as well. Also it doesn't matter which movie I try it happens the only common thread is that they are ones that I've backed up and burned

Here are the log files one from anydvd and the other from clonebd. Let me know if you need anything else

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.8.0_Info_E_Fantastic Four.ziplog
    70.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Fantastic 4 log file.zip
    66.8 KB · Views: 2
Also I'm sorry but back to my question about Cinavia. I don't see where to look for the area you mentioned about picking the audio tracks, is it where you pick whether or not to have stereo 5.1 or another.

Back