Backup DRM protected MP3s?

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by bgstewar, Oct 29, 2007.

1. bgstewar

bgstewar New Member

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the DRM protection on downloaded MP3s through a subscription music service? Thanks!

2. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

Give this thread a shot, it should get you going in the right direction. From my experience, Tunebite works great.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7864

3. hotdog453

hotdog453 Well-Known Member

Tunebite is an awkward piece of **** that you should only use if you hate yourself.

Assuming the DRM protected files you're talking about our Windows Media Player DRM'd, ala PlaysForSure, I suggest using "FairUse4WM". It can remove the DRM from protected files, making them "normal" WMA files.

IIRC, there is no such thing as a protected MP3 file, so it must be WMA; I'm betting the FairUse4WM would work.

If you can't find it through the magic of Google, toss me a PM; there's also a nice front end GUI out there for batch removal of DRM, called FairUseCommander or somesuch.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Read the forum rules fully, especially the second reply in that post.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

Consider this a (friendly) warning. :policeman:

Please do not swear in these forums.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  5. kyrunner

kyrunner Well-Known Member

tunebite

I use tunebite,an it works great. I have used it on zune subscription, and rhapsody subscription.No problems at all.

6. givenlee

givenlee New Member

Well, I am using Noteburner, it's really fantastic. It works as a virtual cd burner and burn the DRM files to plain mp3, wma or wav files.:clap:

7. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

8. Rusty257

Rusty257 Well-Known Member

burn them to an audio cd then rip them back to the HDD.

9. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

this may be possible if the drm allows it (which isnt always the case).

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

No it depends are they purchased or rented...

If purchased then fine but rented media is where I draw the line...

It really depends on the player you used to get the DRMed music (ie Itunes any store in Windows MP store list or Real Player)

Also need to know what IBX version your running the latest version is not supported by the latest Fairuse4wm.exe fix-2

However the latest DRMdbg.exe dose support the latest IBX and Vista 32 bit. the only problem is that you need a decrypter for it such as freeme2 or automate UnDRM v2)

(Think maybe Slysoft could make a background running program that removes the DRM from Purchased Music only) Just a Thought)...

I agree with my old friend James!
    ("DRM is only needed for rented music the purchased music should be offered in a full uncompressed *.wav file with no DRM")