• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup DRM protected MP3s?

bgstewar

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the DRM protection on downloaded MP3s through a subscription music service? Thanks!

Tunebite is an awkward piece of **** that you should only use if you hate yourself.

Assuming the DRM protected files you're talking about our Windows Media Player DRM'd, ala PlaysForSure, I suggest using "FairUse4WM". It can remove the DRM from protected files, making them "normal" WMA files.

IIRC, there is no such thing as a protected MP3 file, so it must be WMA; I'm betting the FairUse4WM would work.

If you can't find it through the magic of Google, toss me a PM; there's also a nice front end GUI out there for batch removal of DRM, called FairUseCommander or somesuch.

Last edited by a moderator:
tunebite

I use tunebite,an it works great. I have used it on zune subscription, and rhapsody subscription.No problems at all.

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the DRM protection on downloaded MP3s through a subscription music service? Thanks!
Well, I am using Noteburner, it's really fantastic. It works as a virtual cd burner and burn the DRM files to plain mp3, wma or wav files.:clap:

burn them to an audio cd then rip them back to the HDD.

No it depends are they purchased or rented...

If purchased then fine but rented media is where I draw the line...

It really depends on the player you used to get the DRMed music (ie Itunes any store in Windows MP store list or Real Player)

Also need to know what IBX version your running the latest version is not supported by the latest Fairuse4wm.exe fix-2

However the latest DRMdbg.exe dose support the latest IBX and Vista 32 bit. the only problem is that you need a decrypter for it such as freeme2 or automate UnDRM v2)

(Think maybe Slysoft could make a background running program that removes the DRM from Purchased Music only) Just a Thought)...

I agree with my old friend James!
("DRM is only needed for rented music the purchased music should be offered in a full uncompressed *.wav file with no DRM")

Back