• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup copy won't play on DVD player but works on computer

Read it a lot more then you did ....

Bzzzzt.
We all (who participated in the thread earlier - clearly understood that the logfile came from the backup and not the original.)
Now get off my leg.

-W

DVD-5. That is what I've always used. I'm burning it again just in case this was changed and I didn't notice.

A logfile from the original (factory) disk is still under "request"...

-W

James, when you say something must of changed what are you referring to? Something I did with the programs or something new with the encryption? I guess so I know if I need to wait a while before trying these movies again.......

James, when you say something must of changed what are you referring to? Something I did with the programs or something new with the encryption? I guess so I know if I need to wait a while before trying these movies again.......

This is no encryption problem. It has nothing to do with AnyDVD at all. This is only a burning issue.

ImgBrn

With all due respect, might I suggest using ImageBurn and utilize the 'Change booktype' function (lower right hand corner) in order to set the burner to ROM so as to help deconvolute the issue? Rip the DVD to hard drive and burn to +R (DL?) media using ImageBurn

Kind Regards, Gary

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_09 Feb. 21 14.25.jpg
    ScreenHunter_09 Feb. 21 14.25.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 7
With all due respect, might I suggest using ImageBurn and utilize the 'Change booktype' function (lower right hand corner) in order to set the burner to ROM so as to help deconvolute the issue? Rip the DVD to hard drive and burn to +R (DL?) media using ImageBurn

Kind Regards, Gary

This is actually a good idea. Can ImgBurn make the setting "stick" in the burners nvram? If yes, you can continue to use CloneDVD for writing.

Afaik IMGBurn doesn't work that way. It set's the booktype during the burn phase.

When using IMGBurn for my burns i've always set this to "DVD-Rom". Not that i use that old players that won't otherwise recognise a DVD+R, but some of my family members do. Never once had a problem with that settings. I let CloneDVD2 set the booktype too. Works just fine.

Afaik IMGBurn doesn't work that way. It set's the booktype during the burn phase.

When using IMGBurn for my burns i've always set this to "DVD-Rom". Not that i use that old players that won't otherwise recognise a DVD+R, but some of my family members do. Never once had a problem with that settings. I let CloneDVD2 set the booktype too. Works just fine.

Yannknow..... What's funny is that in the few times I burn - I use DVD-R and have never had an issue in any stand alone player.

-W (just saying)

Yannknow..... What's funny is that in the few times I burn - I use DVD-R and have never had an issue in any stand alone player.

-W (just saying)

Sure, DVD-R usually isn't a problem. Panasonic players refused to play DVD+R (for political reasons). Don't know, if they still do. I usually use DVD+Rs booktyped to DVD-ROM - if I really have to burn a disc for testing.

For "private" use, I never burn a DVD/Blu-ray disc.

They dont. My panny (see sig) accepts dvd+r just fine.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a CloneDVD2 issue. Last night I installed 123 Copy DVD Version 3.0 that I bought in 2006. I got a new computer last year and didn't install it because I have Clone. I have now backed up all of the before mentioned discs with no problems using 123. So unless someone can telll me how I could of changed a setting on Clone that would prevent it from burning the disc as a DVD-ROM or tell me how to check to make sure it is doing so, I have little confidence in this program. I have wasted too many discs trying to figure it out. I might as well use the (at least) 7-year-old program for burning.

Agree with OP

The OP seems to be correct that this issue of setting the book type to DVD+R is something done by CloneDVD2. I never noticed it because

1. I hardly ever burn using CloneDVD2
2. My Sony DVD players don't care if the disk's book type is DVD+R or DVD-ROM

Using 2 different burners, Samsung and Lite-On, I have confirmed that CloneDVD2 sets the book type to DVD+R when burning to Verbatime DVD+R Single Layer blanks. It does not matter if I use Write Existing Data to burn to disk or burn after making a backup with original DVD disk in one DVD drive and destination is another DVD drive. CloneDVD2 sets the book type to DVD+R. If I burn the same DVD files to disk using either Nero 7 or ImgBurn the book type is always set to DVD-ROM. I cannot of course confirm that CloneDVD2 ever set the book type to DVD-ROM since I never had an issue and did not pay attention to it previously.

The OP seems to be correct that this issue of setting the book type to DVD+R is something done by CloneDVD2.
Nope. DVD+R is the default booktype for ... DVD+R discs. Nothing to "set". :D

CloneDVD2 sets the booktype to DVD-rom automatically, if the drive supports it :) That's what it does. As james said, the default dvd+r booktype is dvd+r ^^

CloneDVD2 sets the booktype to DVD-rom automatically, if the drive supports it :) That's what it does. As james said, the default dvd+r booktype is dvd+r ^^

Just so that I am completely clear. Are you saying that CloneDVD2 if burning to a DVD+R blank will always set the book type to DVD+R? Even though you say CloneDVD2 sets the book type to DVD-ROM automatically? My drives obviously supports setting book type to DVD-ROM since both Nero 7 and ImgBurn burn the same blanks on the same DVD burners and sets book type to DVD-ROM. I am confused maybe???

no, you're saying the exact opposite of what im saying. i'm saying is that if a DVD+R is inserted, cloneDVD2 will automatically set the disc booktype to "DVD-ROM" if the drive supports it. DVD+R is the default booktype (comes with the disc already and does not need setting). Not all drives support booktype setting.

no, you're saying the exact opposite of what im saying. i'm saying is that if a DVD+R is inserted, cloneDVD2 will automatically set the disc booktype to "DVD-ROM" if the drive supports it. DVD+R is the default booktype (comes with the disc already and does not need setting). Not all drives support booktype setting.

Ch3vr0n,

So what is ImgBurn and Nero 7 doing differently than CloneDVD2? ImgBurn and Nero 7 set the book type to DVD-ROM when they burn a DVD using the same DVD+R blanks and same DVD burners as ClondDVD2. Are these programs overriding the DVD+R blank disks default book type????? Really confused now.

Just so that I am completely clear. Are you saying that CloneDVD2 if burning to a DVD+R blank will always set the book type to DVD+R? Even though you say CloneDVD2 sets the book type to DVD-ROM automatically? My drives obviously supports setting book type to DVD-ROM since both Nero 7 and ImgBurn burn the same blanks on the same DVD burners and sets book type to DVD-ROM. I am confused maybe???

Setting booktypes is done by vendor unique commands. There is no standard for doing this. CloneDVD will do it, if it knows how to do it for your burner.

IMGBurn will only set the booktype of a DVD+R (DL) to DVD-rom if you have specified it to do so, or if it hasn't been specifically told not to. Check this topic for more info about what drives support it and how IMGBurn sets it. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9992# & http://www.aimersoft.com/how-to-burn/imgburn-change-booktype.html

setting it to "normal" should tell it to leave the booktype as is (as in dvd+r), setting it to dvd-rom will do just that. If IMGburn does not know the booktype setting, it's because it hasn't been set yet in IMGburn and will apply dvd-rom by default.

How nero does it and where the setting is, i don't know. I havent used that thing in years.

Back