Backed up DVD will not play on computer !!!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Knight, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Knight

Knight New Member

Hello,
    I am having a problem with the DVD’s in which I have backed up. The problem that I am experiencing is that the copied DVD’s will work fine in any of my DVD players except for the computer. When I insert the copied DVD into the DVD driver, the computer will freeze and the programs will state, “not responding”. I have been using ANY DVD and CLONE DVD for the backup programs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

What is the model of your DVD drive?

3. Knight

Knight New Member

My Gateway 700GR has a built in NEC ND-2510A with the updated firmware. Incidentally, the backup DVD copies work flawlessly in my wife’s HP laptop. Both computers have a Webroot Spy Sweeper, Norton Antivirus and Nero installed within. Is it possible that ANYDVD is somehow blocking the use of the backup DVD’s?

4. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Anydvd doesn't block the copied dvd to play so no.Webroot is the culprit I bet if not that then Norton.

5. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

None of those softwares should cause conflicts but try disabling them, one at a time, to see if the discs will play on your PC.

6. Knight

Knight New Member

I disabled both the Webroot and Norton, which did not change anything. I also have the two programs on my wife’s laptop and backup DVD’s will play without any problems.