• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

At the risk of beating a dead horse- CloneBD and AMD

DQ

I know I have spoken to this topic multiple times but it has been what, well over a year or more now, without any solution to AMD acceleration and CloneBD.

CloneBD is great software but I end up having to use something else that does support AMD acceleration. This does disappoint me as I own a lifetime license to a piece of software I essentially rarely use. But I wish I could use it all the time as it is superior.

Yes, I have heard about the situation concerning drivers and AMD support. But ultimately as a consumer this is not my problem and this issue does not seem to affect other software that I am aware of.

In summary, I am not trying to cause trouble or stir the pot. I just want CloneBD to support my AMD card fully again.

Thank you.

I guess no answer is my answer.

@DarkQuark, like you, I have grown tired of complaining about this to RedFox, and only ever getting terse and unhelpful answers from Chevron. I have also contacted Elby directly, but they are not any more forthcoming. To add insult to injury, my backup was always a machine with Iris 655 Graphics, which although it's not much good for graphics, is surprisingly good at hardware accelerated assist. However, when Intel switched their driver family over to DCH-compliant drivers in the second half of 2020, CloneBD doesn't even recognise the hardware as being present! Elby doesn't even acknowledge this as a problem. Sigh.

There's no point in complaining to Redfox, redux only hosts the installer and user support forums. Trouw doesn't even seen licenses to it, you get redirected to the right side of your attempt to purchase a CloneBD license at redux, last time I checked. That's it, no more no less. Elaborate Bytes (www.elby.ch) is the exclusive developer and merchant of CloneBD if you want to complain, you need to complain to them.

It's not like I didn't say that before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Understood that it's an Elby product but the frustration remains nonetheless. I really like CloneBD and I wish I could use it more. It seems to not have seen a lot of dev action as of late which is unfortunate.

I just want CloneBD to support my AMD card fully again.

Hi DarkQuark,

I assume this relates to converting BDs to Digital?

I use CloneBD often, but not for that purpose. Mainly because I can't queue up several BDs and then take off for the weekend.
I only use it to backup the BD to my computer which is usually just the movie with one audio track (TrueHD or DTS-MA) and one English subtitle. I use Handbrake to convert about 10-15 BDs at a time; sometimes up to 40. And since the creation of AS, I've actually stopped converting many of my discs because the 1080/DD+ duo is more than enough for my Home Theater setting. (y)

I'm pretty much caught up now, so I only need to convert a few at a time now, but Handbrake has been my go-to for quite some time now because of that. I'm not sure what hardware acceleration it supports. I looked into once, but my NVIDIA Quadro 4000 in my HP Workstation does not seem to be one of them.

Eitherway, I assume Elby will need to look into this considering it's marketed for hardware acceleration... I didn't see any mention of Intel or AMD though. "CloneBD supports multi-core CPUs and hardware acceleration for fastest copy speed. Convert your 3D Blu-ray to .mkv and take advantage of the high compression standard H.265/HEVC."

Converting to H265 is very painful without hardware acceleration. I tried that in Handbrake, and 10 hours to convert Aquaman was just NOT worth it. (n) I'll be sticking with H264 until I have a PC that doesn't require a $1,000 video card to speed things up. This is why the Handbrake Queue is so valuable for me. (y)

Reactions: DQ
Hi DarkQuark,

I assume this relates to converting BDs to Digital?

I use CloneBD often, but not for that purpose. Mainly because I can't queue up several BDs and then take off for the weekend.
I only use it to backup the BD to my computer which is usually just the movie with one audio track (TrueHD or DTS-MA) and one English subtitle. I use Handbrake to convert about 10-15 BDs at a time; sometimes up to 40. And since the creation of AS, I've actually stopped converting many of my discs because the 1080/DD+ duo is more than enough for my Home Theater setting. (y)

I'm pretty much caught up now, so I only need to convert a few at a time now, but Handbrake has been my go-to for quite some time now because of that. I'm not sure what hardware acceleration it supports. I looked into once, but my NVIDIA Quadro 4000 in my HP Workstation does not seem to be one of them.

Eitherway, I assume Elby will need to look into this considering it's marketed for hardware acceleration... I didn't see any mention of Intel or AMD though. "CloneBD supports multi-core CPUs and hardware acceleration for fastest copy speed. Convert your 3D Blu-ray to .mkv and take advantage of the high compression standard H.265/HEVC."

Converting to H265 is very painful without hardware acceleration. I tried that in Handbrake, and 10 hours to convert Aquaman was just NOT worth it. (n) I'll be sticking with H264 until I have a PC that doesn't require a $1,000 video card to speed things up. This is why the Handbrake Queue is so valuable for me. (y)

I only do a few at a time here and there so I have been encoding non-UHD in 265 using handbrake (with a bitrate of around 20mb which seems to work well and is higher than what I had been doing for a few years when I was using 264) as it accelerates using my AMD hardware without issue. And this works well for me. For UHD I have been using CloneBD but setting it to lossless so basically I am just making an MKV without reencoding and that of course is fast and does not need acceleration.

But the point to my thread here is I would gladly use CloneBD in place of Handbrake if it used my AMD hardware. If we can ever buy video cards again I might go Nvidia just to get around this issue (and some others I have had with AMD cards).

Back