• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT question

hrgargi

Hi! Since my LG drive died today I am planning to get a new one on monday. I guess the ASUS 16D1HT (since they got one I can take with me on monday). I have seen some firmware things refering to UHD. I don't really concern about UHD, so most important is, that it will work with Blu-Ray out of the box. So if it has the latest retail firmware will it work with AnyDVD (just for BD) without doing any downgrades?

Thanks for your help!

Gargi

For standard Blu-ray the firmware version is irrelevant, it's only when wanting to backup uhd that specific firmware versions become relevant/required.

In your case, just buy it, plug it in and you're good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

...and if you want to upgrade to UHD you can still do. Perfect investment therefore.

Thank you so much for your quick and helpfull responses! Tomorrow I'll go for the ASUS drive. Hopefully it will last longer than my LG (that is the same one as this ASUS as far as I have read :) )

Got the drive today. Plugged it in and works. Got the 3.1 firmware on it. Thanks for your help!

Back